Cormier shouldnt get a shot at Bones following a win at 166

cameron_m

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
He should have at least 1 fight against a top 5 opponent before even being considered for a title shot. He doesnt know how his body will react or hold up with that weight cut. He hasnt fought at 205 ever and most likely he will gas out pretty rapidly in his first appearance. His t-rex arms will be no match for bones. Thats saying if he gets passed Nelson this saturday

I think that the consensus is that 99% of people want Gus to have the next title shot, so Cormier will either have to get a LHW fight first or sit on the shelf for a long, long time.

I agree that he should have a tune-up fight or 2 at LHW before getting a crack at the title. That being said, I would love to see him and JBJ square off, if nothing more than to see how Bones measures up against his wrestling.

Yeah I believe gus won 3 to 2.. but thats a different argument. I say glover has earned it and gus should get a rematch soon. If cormier wins he should fight phil davis for a spot in the top. I believe in Sonnen

Dana has been very clear about this : If both Bones and Gus win their next fight, they rematch.

Bones will beat Glover, and if Gus fights Lil Nog or the winner of Chael vs Evans next, he might very well win too. So unless DC is willing to wait at least a year, he WILL have to take a fight at LHW before fighting for the title.

of course, that was Dana speaking so it might very well mean nothing in a couple of months.

Wonder what he is going to weigh in against Nelson.

He shouldn't and with Gus being basically promised a rematch after the Glover fight if he wins his next fight Cormier won't get the immediate title shot. I'm just worried he'll cut Davis in line after the Gus rematch.

He shouldn't and with Gus being basically promised a rematch after the Glover fight if he wins his next fight Cormier won't get the immediate title shot. I'm just worried he'll cut Davis in line after the Gus rematch.

Actually, I hope Davis calls him out if he beats Nelson.

He should have at least 1 fight against a top 5 opponent before even being considered for a title shot. He doesnt know how his body will react or hold up with that weight cut. He hasnt fought at 205 ever and most likely he will gas out pretty rapidly in his first appearance. His t-rex arms will be no match for bones. Thats saying if he gets passed Nelson this saturday

i've been saying this for years now it feels like.

So the guy with a Shael av is saying someone doesn't deserve a title shot vs Jones LMAO

Yea, how bout a fight at 205 before you get a title shot gimme a break. Bad enough when Chael got one

Hopefully Gus gets a win and then gets the next shot after Glover. DC really should make weight before getting a title shot. So, whoever the champ is will have several fights ahead of them. LHW isn't as shallow as everyone likes to say with Glover, DC soon enough, Jon, and Gus all at the top.

agreed
DC should fight a top 10 opponent at LHW before he gets a shot at JBJ

he shouldn't be fighting a HW who just came off of a humiliating loss and shouldn't even be top 10

Agreed. Without even fighting in the division?

Shit is old already. I was SO SO glad Pettis pulled from the Aldo fight, let the divisions follow their course.

Yes, Cormier should fight at 205 once or twice to get used to it, while Tex and Gus go first

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back