Cormier shouldnt get a shot at Bones following a win at 166

he almost died trying to make 210 lbs in the olympics. i think he stays at HW

he almost died trying to make 210 lbs in the olympics. i think he stays at HW

He cut too much water. He was still carrying some fat when wrestling.

He can easily get to 205 with just a diet. Maybe even to 185 if he also cuts water. Guys like Phil Davis and Bader are much bigger than Cormier. Phil would weigh like 260 if he had Cormiers fat%.

Before the Gus fight I thought Cormier should get an immediate title shot. More because a lack of credible challengers than anything else. With Glover getting the next shot and Gus likely to get a rematch after that, it seems inevitable that Cormier will have to take 1 fight at 205.

He won't. If JDS beats Cain I'm sure he will be happy to stay at HW. And if Cain wins, I don't think Dana will give him a title shot at LHW just because he doesn't want to fight his buddy.

I see them setting up davis vs cormier for next contender after gus.

I agree; after Gus arguably won their fight (could have gone either way not saying it was a robbery) he deserves the next title shot before Cormier.

Edit: If JDS wins I bet Cormier gets a title shot at HW, I know Werdum deserves it more but that has nothing to do with who will get it

Last edited:
Have him fight Phil first. That way we'll get to see if he really does deserve the title shot.

Machida should welcome Cormier at 205.

I would like to see DC make weight at 205 and perform well before fighting for the title. seems prudent

Everyone wants to be the guy that beats JBJ. They will be an internet hero and sensation overnight. :icon_lol: If DC starches Roy some how he might call out JBJ along with Weidman, Gus, Glover, but don't forget Perosh.

Last edited:
I agree he should face a ranked LHW first, but I have no problem with him fighting Jones right away either.

Machida should welcome Cormier at 205.

Makes no sense for Machida to move back to 205, since with a win against Munoz- he would be in a closer position to get a title shot at 185. Phil Davis should welcome Cormier at 205. Fixed that for you. Thanks.

Last edited:
Cormier should get a crack at Gus!

I would like to see DC make weight at 205 and perform well before fighting for the title. seems prudent

yup. Cormier will likely be one of the smallest LHW's since he really should not risk cutting a lot of weight and as such should just lose the size naturally via dieting and not water cut to get near 205.

Not sure if a shorter and smaller LHW will be a force in the division even with Cormiers skills.

Back