Cormier isn't gonna do much in the UFC

He dominated that that guy! What else did you want to see ?lol

Come on, Jacare's fight didn't show you a MW with crisp striking and aggressive sub offence? Short fight but Jacare looked elite imo.

elite? no. improved? yes.
the striking of herman looked far from textbook.
and of course he was outclassed on the groung. take this from a huge jacare fan.
i could see jacare be a top 10 in the MW division, but stopped by guys like lombard, weidman, and bisping

So many fails in just one post, unbelievable. DC beat Monson, Bigfoot and Barnett and he destroyed every single opponent he has ever faced. It's not my fault that yesterdays Strikeforce event was the first and only you have ever watched.

i stopped reading after monson.

Fight didnt tell me much to be frank. Neither did Barnett or jacare or mousasi.

Jacare destroyed a mid-tier UFC MW in the first round, what does he need to do to prove himself?
Destroy Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen?

jacare beating herman easily doesnt really prove a point for jacare or raise his stock any.

he should have done that to herman.

herman isnt top 10 in the UFC, maybe not even top 20.

jacare is good and cormier is good, however talking about how they bullied or beasted theyr opponent yesterday is not a good arguement for how they will do in the UFC.

jacare beating herman easily doesnt really prove a point for jacare or raise his stock any.

he should have done that to herman.

herman isnt top 10 in the UFC, maybe not even top 20.

jacare is good and cormier is good, however talking about how they bullied or beasted theyr opponent yesterday is not a good arguement for how they will do in the UFC.

Unfair. Ed Herman might not exactly be a top MW, be he is about as tough as they come. Stopping him in the first round is an accomplishment, even if he was brought in on short notice.

Cormier-Staring didn't tell me much, except Cormier is still learning and might be a bit too small for the HW division. Nothing new, in other words.

i stopped reading after monson.

Yeah, the same Monson that beat Roy Nelson.

4286-kill-yourself.jpg

Not only that but he did whatever he wanted to. Give his opponent some credit too, he is a big guy with a half way decent base that was hard to take down. He also had heart and wasn't just going to give Cormier a win.

Maybe expectations were just ridiculously high for Cormier. I guess he'll just have to whoop some UFC vets before he gets the respect he deserves. Frank will be a good start.

Jacare destroyed a mid-tier UFC MW in the first round, what does he need to do to prove himself?
Destroy Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen?

He has been proven for a long time in my book. Herman is quality but jacares win doesnt tell me anything new.

Cormier will do shitloads in the UFC. He'll starch Mir if they fight, if he drops to 205lbs even if he doesnt beat Jones, he beats the majority of guys there - and at HW.

This is just a silly post. He dominated the entire fight and he didn't look that good?
Ok so since GSP does the same fucking thing every fight but WITHOUT any finishes, he's amazing right?

Your logic is mind blowing. And Frank Mir will not have a chance in hell vs DC.
He will take Mir down and use his superior top game and its over. Frank got smoked by Lesnar and Carwin, what gives you any insight that Daniel Cormier will have any problem with him? Catching DC in a submission? Hardly.

Before Mir's lucky scramble with Big Nog he was losing the fight to Nog's old ass.

GSP never gets called amazing on here, I know cause as a fan, it's lame to read how safe and boring he is lol.

Cormier will do shitloads in the UFC. He'll starch Mir if they fight, if he drops to 205lbs even if he doesnt beat Jones, he beats the majority of guys there - and at HW.

Why do people make assumptions about guys dropping weight classes or going up? DC would have to retool his whole body to make 205 and be competitive there.. Lay off the pizza and start eating salads for one.. He won't be testing Jones with that body at 205..

Cormier looked fine. He looked like he walked in, took a nap, and still defeated the guy.

Maybe expectations were just ridiculously high for Cormier. I guess he'll just have to whoop some UFC vets before he gets the respect he deserves. Frank will be a good start.

Nah, people will just say that Mir's past it (as evidenced by a broken-down Nog whooping on him before Mir got the kimura) and thus, the win means nothing.

dc still done well, but yeah I reckon Mir can cause anyone issues with a come back from behind submission attack.

I think even if DC wins and gets Jon Jones... far too early for him to be fed that.

DC excels with slow big guys he can dominate with his wrestling or stand up, give him JDS as a tune up fight lol

Back