Cormier isn't gonna do much in the UFC

cain and cormier had a mutual opponent in Bigfoot and Cormier drubbed him even worse than Cain did in my opinion. cain's faced more significant competition, to be sure...but barnett vs. cormier and bigfoot vs. cormier have truly shown that he is top of the heap at heavyweight. not many people beat those guys.

Agreed, I just speak from a historical standpoint that so many guys come into the UFC as world beaters and once they are in the octagon they learn different. Cormier has the pedigree to be elite but lets see how he does in the octagon before we declare the world beater is all I'm sayin.

Cormier has the pedigree to be elite but lets see how he does in the octagon before we declare the world beater is all I'm sayin.

Why? People who have a clue can actually watch fights and assess things.

Yeah if thats all Cormier is bringing to the ufc he aint gonna do well against any top10 Hw.

Yeah if thats all Cormier is bringing to the ufc he aint gonna do well against any top10 Hw.

Is this a fucking joke? He has already beaten two top 10 HWs. He has already 100% proven his legitimacy as a top HW.

He beat him effortlessly. What more do you want?

So many fails in just one post, unbelievable. DC beat Monson, Bigfoot and Barnett and he destroyed every single opponent he has ever faced. It's not my fault that yesterdays Strikeforce event was the first and only you have ever watched.

Amen. I doubt many of Dana's super fights will come to fruition as I see Hendricks, Lombard and Cormier spoiling the party.

I seriously wouldn't consider Barnett a top 10 HW, everyone is hung up on his Pride days, but that was steroid-powered Barnett, without the juice he's nothing special

I seriously wouldn't consider Barnett a top 10 HW, everyone is hung up on his Pride days, but that was steroid-powered Barnett, without the juice he's nothing special

Yeah, because all other HWs are clean.

I was not impressed with DC at all. He continues to fight little to no skill fighters that make him look like the second coming of Fedor. I think his movement is nothing to write home about and his striking is definitely not crisp top tier quality. Daniel Cormier is highly over-rated and without a doubt will suffer quite a few losses in the ufc hw division. His defense also is horrible, can't even keep his hands up to protect his face...albiet not needed with the guy he was facing.

:redface: Barnett and Bigfoot and Monson are no skill fighters? Humm, is embarrassing to say so much crap in so few words

All this based on one fight where he fought on cruise control. It was quite obvious.

This is just a silly post. He dominated the entire fight and he didn't look that good?
Ok so since GSP does the same fucking thing every fight but WITHOUT any finishes, he's amazing right?

Your logic is mind blowing. And Frank Mir will not have a chance in hell vs DC.
He will take Mir down and use his superior top game and its over. Frank got smoked by Lesnar and Carwin, what gives you any insight that Daniel Cormier will have any problem with him? Catching DC in a submission? Hardly.

Before Mir's lucky scramble with Big Nog he was losing the fight to Nog's old ass.
I think DC is one of the best at HW! But don't try to compaire dominating and finnishing a nobody to dominating the guys GSP does! If you honestly believe the GSP would'nt murder some randum scrub from europe I can't help you!

I can't wait till the Mir fight is over...this ''he only fought cans'' nonsense needs to stop....It's basically all the people who don't believe in DC are saying,they just don't have the balls to actually say ''cans''

Cormier fought "safe" against Staring
It seems its okay when GSP fights "safe"

But when someone else does it.... their performance is deemed "weak" and they are all "hype"

Double Standards gonna Double Standards

I think he was going light and making sure he didn't break his hand or hurt himself. Fight meant nothing to me and didn't change my opinion of him. I still think Cain would smash him although they will never fight but I think JDS and Overeem would be close fights and he beats most other hws

Cormier fought "safe" against Staring
It seems its okay when GSP fights "safe"

But when someone else does it.... their performance is deemed "weak" and they are all "hype"

Double Standards gonna Double Standards

He fought ''safe'' and still finished his opponent.

Fuck MMA fans and their high standards....

this is just a ridiculous thread cormier fought conservative but he absolutely dominated.I think what we have here is a case of a fan that doesn't even know cormier well or seen many or any of his fights and expected some super destroyer.Welcome to mma bud

He may be still top 10 HW, but he didn't look so great like everyone always says.
He was 100% concentrated and stuff, got a shitty oponent (yeah, noone else wanted to fight him, not his fault) who was supposed to have nice standup (and didn't) and, though it was one-sided, it wasn't as masterful as it should have been according to the hype.

Barnett was sick and still dismantled the guy in the 1st. Same as Mousasi. And Jacare.

I think Mir will actually cause some problems for Cormier, maybe even Big Nog 2 replay will happen. Konckdown and then sub. If not, Jon Jones will 100% crush DC if he makes the weight.

I don't know if you realize this but Cormier and Barnett already fought and Cormier made Barnett look like an amateur.

Back