Cormier isn't gonna do much in the UFC

DC is a really good fighter, but his invincibility will be taken away by Jon Jones or an elite HW like JDS, no doubts.

I was not impressed with DC at all. He continues to fight little to no skill fighters that make him look like the second coming of Fedor. I think his movement is nothing to write home about and his striking is definitely not crisp top tier quality. Daniel Cormier is highly over-rated and without a doubt will suffer quite a few losses in the ufc hw division. His defense also is horrible, can't even keep his hands up to protect his face...albiet not needed with the guy he was facing.

little to no skill fighters...??

Cormier, Mousasi, and Barnett all won what was supposed to be easy "gimme" fights. None of them really looked elite.

Souza was the only one that looked pretty dominant and solid. I think he had the toughest opponent in terms of ability, of the four, but he still outmatched Herman pretty bad on paper.

Come on, Jacare's fight didn't show you a MW with crisp striking and aggressive sub offence? Short fight but Jacare looked elite imo.

crisp striking ? not even close.. even bisping could stand with him :icon_evil

crisp striking ? not even close.. even bisping could stand with him :icon_evil

LoL... there is really high chance that Jacare could rock Bisping, like most of Bisping's opponents did to him. And if Bisping drops with Jacare on top of him, the fight is over...

I know....

The first guy since Couture who could realistically hold titles at both LHW and HW....And the competition since Couture has improved 10 fold.

He won't do anything.

I know....

The first guy since Couture who could realistically hold titles at both LHW and HW....And the competition since Couture has improved 10 fold.

He won't do anything.

Realistically speaking, he can fight and win both titles, but there is a higher chance that he won't get any ufc belt.

LoL... there is really high chance that Jacare could rock Bisping, like most of Bisping's opponents did to him. And if Bisping drops with Jacare on top of him, the fight is over...

i haven't see that power, hes take downs are good ground game good but he not taking out the Spider

This is just a silly post. He dominated the entire fight and he didn't look that good?
Ok so since GSP does the same fucking thing every fight but WITHOUT any finishes, he's amazing right?

Your logic is mind blowing. And Frank Mir will not have a chance in hell vs DC.
He will take Mir down and use his superior top game and its over. Frank got smoked by Lesnar and Carwin, what gives you any insight that Daniel Cormier will have any problem with him? Catching DC in a submission? Hardly.

Before Mir's lucky scramble with Big Nog he was losing the fight to Nog's old ass.

I follow his logic, but don't agree with it. DC fought a can, and while he dominated as he should, his striking didn't look great, he didn't have great top control on the ground as his opponent was usually able to get up without much damage, and his ground and pound up to the finish was lacking. A lot of pitter patter. The reason I disagree with TS is because DC didn't care about an impressive victory. He wanted the W while minimizing the likelihood of injury, and that's what he did. I believe DC could have finished his opponent easily in the first however he wanted. I agree with TS that DC looked unimpressive in his victory, but believe he is a much better fighter than what he showed last might.

I was not impressed with DC at all. He continues to fight little to no skill fighters that make him look like the second coming of Fedor. I think his movement is nothing to write home about and his striking is definitely not crisp top tier quality. Daniel Cormier is highly over-rated and without a doubt will suffer quite a few losses in the ufc hw division. His defense also is horrible, can't even keep his hands up to protect his face...albiet not needed with the guy he was facing.
Big Foot and Barnett are skilled fighters. That's just dumb.

I thought Moose Saucy and Jock Car A both had impressive wins. They'll both hover beneath the top five in their divisions though. Cormier will lose to Mir and then to Nelson.

He may be still top 10 HW, but he didn't look so great like everyone always says.
He was 100% concentrated and stuff, got a shitty oponent (yeah, noone else wanted to fight him, not his fault) who was supposed to have nice standup (and didn't) and, though it was one-sided, it wasn't as masterful as it should have been according to the hype.

Barnett was sick and still dismantled the guy in the 1st. Same as Mousasi. And Jacare.

I think Mir will actually cause some problems for Cormier, maybe even Big Nog 2 replay will happen. Konckdown and then sub. If not, Jon Jones will 100% crush DC if he makes the weight.

Are you the kind of person that judges a fighter based on one performance and one only?

Why, yes, yes you are.

Realistically speaking, he can fight and win both titles, but there is a higher chance that he won't get any ufc belt.

I see him taking the HW title if Cain ever loses it. It is unlikely he will take the LHW title from Jones since Jon is likely to move up after his next 3-4 fights. He will most likely fight Sonnen, (Machida/Hendo Winner), Gus, A.Silva (if Machida/Hendo/Gus doesn't have the title) If Cormier cuts in line somewhere, it'd cause a lot of problems for the division. Maybe give him Gus at 205 for a title eliminator while Bones fights Anderson late in 2013. (GSP will likely be fighting hendricks in later summer/fall so I dont' think we'll see that fight any time soon. I don't want to see DC as a HW Gatekeeper until Cain loses the title.

He was fighting conservatively and protecting his hands I think. He was still never in trouble. That said, how he'll fare against the upper echelon in the UFC remains to be seen... I think he'll beat Mir handily though.

Not only that but he did whatever he wanted to. Give his opponent some credit too, he is a big guy with a half way decent base that was hard to take down. He also had heart and wasn't just going to give Cormier a win.

jesus some of these stupid ufc dweebs.. DC is coming in the UFC with some of the best wrestling around. Guess what kids, wrestling is the most favored style if you're going to compete in the UFC and DC is at the top, even better than Cain perhaps. He will absolutely demolish Frank Mir who has had trouble with overrated brock lesnar and carwin. DC will have a field day with him.

He didn't look too impressive in his last fight but he was sick or atleast feeling. Against Barnet he looked great.

Cormier didn't want to risk any injury that might put his UFC debut in April on hold. I'm just happy he got in there, took his opponent out and left with no injury. Same with Barnett, and Mousasi , as I want to see them in the UFC.

Back