Cormier: I have mental edge over Gustaffson

See, this is what I meant when I said you're reaching. Of course he "can" knock him out, he could get a baseball bat and bash him in the face or submit him with a damn sword. I meant it in the context of this thread, this forum, this conversation, this upcoming fight, etc etc etc, none of which I should have to specify if I'm dealing with a reasonably competent english-speaker who is literate.

Moving goalposts now, I see.

Gonna quote you here:
"He can't finish Cormier with punches and he can't take him down. Wtf is he going to do? He has no way to win the fight except to grind out a 5 round UD, which is Cormiers game."

See what I mean? You literally say that "he can't", which is an extremely silly statement, and you should know that.

Moving goalposts now, I see.

Gonna quote you here:
"He can't finish Cormier with punches and he can't take him down. Wtf is he going to do? He has no way to win the fight except to grind out a 5 round UD, which is Cormiers game."

See what I mean? You literally say that "he can't", which is an extremely silly statement, and you should know that.

You embarrassed yourself in this argument. I'm not sure if you realize that or not, kid. But you'd be better of just moving on.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/2...mental-edge-over-alexander-gustafsson-ufc-192

Cormier says Alexander's post-fight depression has only increased his own confidence heading into UFC 192.

"You've got to be all-in on this sport; you can't be one foot out the door," Cormier said to MMAJunkie. "For me, my confidence is very high after hearing him saying those things. You don't quit after you get beat. You pick yourself up and you start rebuilding to accomplish your goals."

"He had to get refocused and think about doing this again. He thought about quitting, and at the end of the day, that's not good when you're fighting."

As much as I love Cormier didn't he cry when he got beat by Pat Cummins?

Mental edge over a Viking?

Cool story bro! :icon_chee

Didn't Jones enter the octagon with that "Not Quite Human" shirt on? The same guy who said Gustafsson's hands were trembling out of sheer fear at the pre-fight conference.

Mental edge over a Viking?

Cool story bro! :icon_chee

Didn't Jones enter the octagon with that "Not Quite Human" shirt on? The same guy who said Gustafsson's hands were trembling out of sheer fear at the pre-fight conference.

Yes a mental edge over a viking or northerner. And it's very clear. Rumble did as well and he broke Gus...and Cormier BROKE Rumble.

Yes a mental edge over a viking or northerner. And it's very clear. Rumble did as well and he broke Gus...and Cormier BROKE Rumble.

Rumble was lucky in that Gustafsson's corner helped him more rather than their own fighter. That doesn't automatically mean that he didn't have the mental edge over Anthony Johnson. How I saw the fight -- Gustafsson was winning that fight until the referee paused the fight. Then it all went downhill. One mistake and Johnson capitalized.
It was a technical mistake, not mental weakness.

If anything Gustafsson never tapped or showed any signs of giving up soon.

I'd say he never mentally broke against Johnson, yes, even after that hard beating.

Cormier seems to have a better Chin than Gus. Cormier took Rumbles punches and a solid kick right to the face and kept on plugging.

Gus is in a lot of trouble.

LgEiqa.gif

ImpracticalTotalChickadee.gif

Cormier is undefeated at HW, guy's chin is a anvil

Rumble was lucky in that Gustafsson's corner helped him more rather than their own fighter. That doesn't automatically mean that he didn't have the mental edge over Anthony Johnson. How I saw the fight -- Gustafsson was winning that fight until the referee paused the fight. Then it all went downhill. One mistake and Johnson capitalized.
It was a technical mistake, not mental weakness.

If anything Gustafsson never tapped or showed any signs of giving up soon.

I'd say he never mentally broke against Johnson, yes, even after that hard beating.

Luck had nothing to do with it. Look how many K.O wins Rumble has. Rumble was coming off of K.O'ing lil Nog in the first as well. Do you know how many first round K.O/TKO's Rumble has?

Gus was destine to fall to Rumble. Broke him in his home town. He knew he was going to knock him out and Gus (like Gus ALOT but) cried.

CRIED. Not a sign of mental maturity. But give yourself what ever excuse you need to overcome that L.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/2...mental-edge-over-alexander-gustafsson-ufc-192

Cormier says Alexander's post-fight depression has only increased his own confidence heading into UFC 192.

"You've got to be all-in on this sport; you can't be one foot out the door," Cormier said to MMAJunkie. "For me, my confidence is very high after hearing him saying those things. You don't quit after you get beat. You pick yourself up and you start rebuilding to accomplish your goals."

"He had to get refocused and think about doing this again. He thought about quitting, and at the end of the day, that's not good when you're fighting."

he got a point there...

I think Gus will beat cormier. Gus will train extensively on his takedown defense and jab and outbox cormier to a decision. People seem to forget that gus was touted as the guy who beat bones. His loss to rumble seemed to have made him lose a lot of hype/steam.

I think he UDs cormier in a back n forth stand up fight.

And Gustaffson has the nutrition, height, reach, weight advantage. Who cares

You embarrassed yourself in this argument. I'm not sure if you realize that or not, kid. But you'd be better of just moving on.

Doesn't say much coming from a guy that said a 205 pound fighter that has a shitload of TKO:s on his record can't finish another fighter with strikes.

Luck had nothing to do with it. Look how many K.O wins Rumble has. Rumble was coming off of K.O'ing lil Nog in the first as well. Do you know how many first round K.O/TKO's Rumble has?

Gus was destine to fall to Rumble. Broke him in his home town. He knew he was going to knock him out and Gus (like Gus ALOT but) cried.

CRIED. Not a sign of mental maturity. But give yourself what ever excuse you need to overcome that L.

That's complete bullshit. Mental immaturity is not being able to show your emotions, unless those are "angry" emotions.

You have to be pretty fucking strong mentally to even make the walk to the cage, even more so in front of 30 000 of your countrymen. Losing brutally in that situation is absolutely devastating.

And fighting Manuwa in his hometown 2 weeks after his father died. It shows mental strength.

I don't think cormier is particularly strong mentally, if things go bad he just coasts on wrestling, he never has to dig deep.

If he beats Gus it will be cause he has the skillset to do so

Not really, Cormier seems more fragile. maybe trying to pump himself up.

Gus via UD

He's high on caffeine, I saw his breakfast photo.

Gustaffson got more props for losing a fight than anyone I can remember, ever. Cormier has been dominant against a lot of great fighters. Gustaffson's big claim to fame right now is that Jon Jones didn't beat him as bad as everyone thought he would.

Cormier is more skilled, more athletic, just a better fighting prospect. Gustaffson is tough as all hell, and I love watching him stand and bang with anyone, but Cormier is going to beat him handily.

Back