Cormier: I have mental edge over Gustaffson

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/2...mental-edge-over-alexander-gustafsson-ufc-192

Cormier says Alexander's post-fight depression has only increased his own confidence heading into UFC 192.

"You've got to be all-in on this sport; you can't be one foot out the door," Cormier said to MMAJunkie. "For me, my confidence is very high after hearing him saying those things. You don't quit after you get beat. You pick yourself up and you start rebuilding to accomplish your goals."

"He had to get refocused and think about doing this again. He thought about quitting, and at the end of the day, that's not good when you're fighting."

I hate you, Cormier. But you're right and you'll win. Then you'll get your ass kicked by the real champ again.

Well, he is right in a sense that Gustafssons mental state is a guestion mark coming in to this fight. Doesnt still change the fact that Gus is the worst possible match up for Cormier along with Jones.

Cormier seems to have a better Chin than Gus. Cormier took Rumbles punches and a solid kick right to the face and kept on plugging.

Gus is in a lot of trouble.

LgEiqa.gif

ImpracticalTotalChickadee.gif

Cormier seems to have a better Chin than Gus. Cormier took Rumbles punches and a solid kick right to the face and kept on plugging.

Even if Cormier has better chin, what does it matter? Cormier doesnt hit nearly as hard as Rumble so Cormier winning by tko/KO is very unlikely. Unless Gus has lost his ability to take punishment somehow.

Even if Cormier has better chin, what does it matter? Cormier doesnt hit nearly as hard as Rumble so Cormier winning by tko/KO is very unlikely. Unless Gus has lost his ability to take punishment somehow.

He can't finish Cormier with punches and he can't take him down. Wtf is he going to do? He has no way to win the fight except to grind out a 5 round UD, which is Cormiers game.

Cormier getting ready to prove size isn't the reason Jones is dominant.

He will. Gus won't make it out to a decision. Cormier via RNC in the later round or possible KO victory. Gus isn't winning this fight.

I hate you, Cormier. But you're right and you'll win. Then you'll get your ass kicked by the real champ again.

I dont really care much for DC, but the fight with JJ was FAR from an a$s kicking... more like a glorified rolling session.

That being said, you're right with your assessment. I do think DC will beat Gus(as he really might be cracked) and would favor JJ in a rematch. The only thing to possibly factor in a DC rematch is having Cain for his camp. Watching DC gas was very unusual.

LgEiqa.gif

ImpracticalTotalChickadee.gif

Well, its a different scenario here. Cormier has moving away and saw the punch coming, Gus was moving right in on the punch and didnt expect it as much. Gus's chin is rock solid, the shot didnt KO him he just dropped down to one knee and got up but he was rocked. Both guys got knocked down, difference was the follow up.

Gus dick ridahs: "Gus will beat him dominate war uncrowned champ!!!"

I would agree.
DC beat the man that humbled Gus.
Plus Cormier is the current champion.

Gus fans right now (aka Conor fans)

a3c00475_1.gif

Well, its a different scenario here. Cormier has moving away and saw the punch coming, Gus was moving right in on the punch and didnt expect it as much. Gus's chin is rock solid, the shot didnt KO him he just dropped down to one knee and got up but he was rocked. Both guys got knocked down, difference was the follow up.

Gus doesn't react well to getting hit.

When he got hurt by Jones in the 4th, he ran to survive, which gave the round away to Jones.

When he got hit by Rumble, he backtracked again and eventually turtled.

He just doesn't have that warrior spirit.

Last edited:
Gus will win.. Striking edge, great footwork, durability and TDD.. Gus by decision..

You guys picking Cormier are delusional. All of you. Wtf

Those small depressions don't matter that much, Gustaffson still is a terrible matchup for Cormier (if he couldn't grind Jones down, what makes you think he could do that to Gus? Remember Gus stuffed takedowns of a better wrestler than Cormier, that guy named Jon Jones.).

Gus is going to control the standup, avoid the takedowns. And Cormier will get outpointed. Even IF Cormier can take Gus down, he won't do much, trust me, Gus is too large for him to do anything at all. I would say Gus by decision or late submission.

Back