Cormier: I have mental edge over Gustaffson

Both statements are false.

I will give you a hint:

Fightnomics-UFC-Light-Heavyweight-Striking-Assessment2.jpg

Oh! Well when you put it that way, Gus by whatever he wants

People are seriously underestimating Gus. It happens when a fighter gets knocked out viciously. However, Gus is actually a terrible match up for DC. He may not have the power of Rumble, but he has good power. Not to mention he has a lot of volume, great reach, and great distance and good TDD and good cardio. He can easily keep outside on DC and win a UD. Not sure why people are counting him out.

Gus doesn't reach well to getting hit.

When he got hurt by Jones in the 4th, he ran to survive, which gave the round away to Jones.

When he got hit by Rumble, he backtracked again and eventually turtled.

He just doesn't have that warrior spirit.

We're not talking about spirit and heart but rather how both reacted to the punch for Rumble

But on the topic at hand, Gus has a lot of heart and toughness. The fact that he backs up when rocked in these scenarios is what any fighter does to survive and regain their composure. Gus has been many cases where he took big shots and kept moving forward. You say he has no spirit??

You criticize Gus for backing up to survive but yet Cormier did the same thing in that GIF sequence and his fight with Rumble, you just dont see it. As soon as Rumble went after him Cormier clinched up and then start backing up till he could clinch again and take Rumble down. Gus backed up but was still throwing strikes, it wasnt until he got dropped again that he covered up.

Both guys backed up after getting dropped and both resorted to what they are best at to survice, Cormeir wrestled and Gus tried to strike back. Cormier just managed to use his wrestling to turn things around.

Gus doesn't react well to getting hit.

When he got hurt by Jones in the 4th, he ran to survive, which gave the round away to Jones.

When he got hit by Rumble, he backtracked again and eventually turtled.

He just doesn't have that warrior spirit.

Thats the most ridiculous thing Ive heard in all week on Sherdog. You mean he doesnt "react well" when he gets hit with a strike that would put 95% in the division in to sleep? He has been a striker in his hole life, he probably reacts better getting hit than any one in the division, for god sakes. If we are talking about LHWs who are not reacting well to punches look Jones, for example, who literally closes his eyes and turns his heads away while trying to poke with his fingers everytime when he eats a decent punch.

O8Dq6.gif

l5pbs.gif

l5mtr.gif

See the difference?

I hate you, Cormier. But you're right and you'll win. Then you'll get your ass kicked by the real champ again.

I hate him to, but I just don't see Gus winning this fight. He's lost 2 of his last 3, and his only win was against sub par competition. He's getting manhandled by DC, and I can't stand that guy.

I hate him to, but I just don't see Gus winning this fight. He's lost 2 of his last 3, and his only win was against sub par competition. He's getting manhandled by DC, and I can't stand that guy.

this.

We're not talking about spirit and heart but rather how both reacted to the punch for Rumble

But on the topic at hand, Gus has a lot of heart and toughness.

stopped reading there.

is that why he cried on live tv, went through depression, and nearly quit?

Read what cormier said about it again.

Real fighters dont think about quitting. Especially in their prime.

You guys picking Cormier are delusional. All of you. Wtf

Those small depressions don't matter that much, Gustaffson still is a terrible matchup for Cormier (if he couldn't grind Jones down, what makes you think he could do that to Gus? Remember Gus stuffed takedowns of a better wrestler than Cormier, that guy named Jon Jones.).

Gus is going to control the standup, avoid the takedowns. And Cormier will get outpointed. Even IF Cormier can take Gus down, he won't do much, trust me, Gus is too large for him to do anything at all. I would say Gus by decision or late submission.

So Cormier, who has fought at HW for the majority of his career, is going to find a LHW too large for him? "TOO LARGE FOR HIM TO DO ANYTHING AT ALL" The guy fuckin FU'd Josh Barnett for a joke

Thats the most ridiculous thing Ive heard in all week on Sherdog. You mean he doesnt "react well" when he gets hit with a strike that would put 95% in the division in to sleep? He has been a striker in his hole life, he probably reacts better getting hit than any one in the division, for god sakes. If we are talking about LHWs who are not reacting well to punches look Jones, for example, who literally closes his eyes and turns his heads away while trying to poke with his fingers everytime when he eats a decent punch.

O8Dq6.gif

l5pbs.gif

l5mtr.gif

See the difference?

Gus was still firing back after the first knockdown.

It wasn't until this exchange that he was basically taken out of the fight.

Gus was still firing back after the first knockdown.

It wasn't until this exchange that he was basically taken out of the fight.

hahaha thanks.

I forgot how desperate Gus looked when AJ was Rumbling him.

Gus had no where to run, he dove to the ground. lol

PS you said Gus fired back... look at the first gif. He throws one punch and runs 3 steps back. He never throws more than one. He couldn't use his footwork to escape. He couldn't use his jab to control. He didn't have fast enough reflexes to counter those wide shots.

Gus is going to retire after the DC fight. It isn't even his fault. The UFC has booked him with cruelty.

He can't finish Cormier with punches and he can't take him down. Wtf is he going to do? He has no way to win the fight except to grind out a 5 round UD, which is Cormiers game.

Outbox him and decision him.... what else? Unless Gus is really that mentally weak and will give up under the slightest bit of pressure, I just don't see how Cormier wins this one. What will most likely happen in this fight is, he'll try and wrestlefuck Gus, get stuffed and gassed and get picked apart on the feet for 5 rounds.

You don't just order one thing at McDonalds, you have to be all-in, and take down the whole menu...right Danny boy?

You guys picking Cormier are delusional. All of you. Wtf

Those small depressions don't matter that much, Gustaffson still is a terrible matchup for Cormier (if he couldn't grind Jones down, what makes you think he could do that to Gus? Remember Gus stuffed takedowns of a better wrestler than Cormier, that guy named Jon Jones.).

Gus is going to control the standup, avoid the takedowns. And Cormier will get outpointed. Even IF Cormier can take Gus down, he won't do much, trust me, Gus is too large for him to do anything at all. I would say Gus by decision or late submission.

You do realize Cormier threw HW's around, right?

Sig bet?

Back