Cormier: Anyone else with my resume would have had a title shot by now

Holy fuck you're mad. If DC beats Hendo, he proves he's transitioned to LHW fine. Hendo is still a test. The guys Hendo lost to recently are all top caliber. DC's fight resume is head and shoulders above Rumbles, I see no reason to delay a shot at Jones for him.

Rumble beating Davis is better win than Hendo

It's not just about who you beat or how many, it's also the performance in those fights and Cormier is pretty good

He's also smart enough to know that fighting isn't always enough to get a title shot, you also need to advertise yourself, which he's doing now.

Sonnen got a title shot in the division above his own, with no wins there and coming off a loss.

Ugh hes so annoying. Im officially rooting for Hendo now. Maybe he can catch DC just like he did with Shogun.

if he wants a title shot now, he needs to suck it up n fight his buddy cain at hw where he had all his wins

or

beat hendo, beat a top 5 guy (maybe glover will be healed up by then...not saying he'll win), then demand a title shot

Rumble beating Davis is better win than Hendo

Bullshit. You think Rumble or Davis would get an easy win if they fought Hendo? I completely disagree. But let's back up a step, I wasn't talking about their last fight. I was talking about each fighter's resume. Meaning, go click the fight finder and look down the list of who they've beaten and who they've lost to.

The problem for DC is that MMA fans are mostly comprised of autists and clinical retards. Apparently to them LHW > HW. Why are the guys cutting to LHW then? Well, I'll leave that up to someone to take the bait and try and explain.

cormier has one fight at LHW. he would of already fought for the HW belt if he was willing to face his training partner Cain.

after cormier beat mir, I think that dana wanted to give him a title shot. he turned it down due to cain being his training partner.

he then took the roy fight. he shouldn't even be complaining now. he gets a title shot if he beats hendo.

He should stop talking and start fighting frequently

This will be his 4th fight in 13 months, what do you want from him? lol He beat Mir, Roy Nelson, Cummins (should have been Rashad but that isn't Cormier's fault he dropped out at the last minute) and next Henderson.

The reason Cormier hasn't gotten a title shot by now is because he refuses to fight Cain.

As for LHW, his resume is Patrick Cummins, how is that a title shot?

We all have our views about who deserves a shot, and how you go about getting that shot. IMO Cormier is very talented, has one of the BEST resumes in the UFC, and deserves to fight for the title at any weight he is capable of safely making. He will most-likely be very competitive against Jones, and will likely ragdoll his ass like he has done every single opponent he has faced. Sorry guy, Jones is going down !!!!

Agreed but he would've had a shot at HW if he stayed up there. He chose to move down however where the line is much longer so in the context he is saying, no.

Bullshit. You think Rumble or Davis would get an easy win if they fought Hendo? I completely disagree. But let's back up a step, I wasn't talking about their last fight. I was talking about each fighter's resume. Meaning, go click the fight finder and look down the list of who they've beaten and who they've lost to.

Henderson is under.500 in the UFC at LHW. I'm not saying he'd be an easy win, but he would be a win. Daniel Cormier's resume at LHW is one fight so the last fight is the only relevant entry

He could have had a title shot AT HEAVYWEIGHT!
But if you switch divisions and are not the champion you have to start over.

We all have our views about who deserves a shot, and how you go about getting that shot. IMO Cormier is very talented, has one of the BEST resumes in the UFC, and deserves to fight for the title at any weight he is capable of safely making. He will most-likely be very competitive against Jones, and will likely ragdoll his ass like he has done every single opponent he has faced. Sorry guy, Jones is going down !!!!

All I'm asking him to do is beat somebody

Disagree 100%

He thoroughly beat Mir, but he didn't finish him like a lot of people have, and beating Nelson isn't even impressive. Barnett was a good win but that alone doesn't give you a title shot.

Not to mention LHW is a lot more skilled than HW. They're a lot faster than guys like Mir and Nelson, and you don't get a title shot from beating Cummins.

And for the record, if Gus wins I believe DC ragdolls him too... Soon we will be in the "Cormier" era!!

I mean come on, the guy throws around Barnett like he was a featherweight... And Bigfoot crashing to the ground after that excellent boxing. He is on another level.

Should have called out/begged Dana to fight Gus if he wants to jump the queue.

Back