Cormier: Anyone else with my resume would have had a title shot by now

Those boring fights vs Mir and Nelson didn't help, I guess.

He should have had a title shot after he defeated Barnett BUT when your BFF is Cain, either man up and fight him or shut up.

DC chose to drop down and unfortunately for him he can't jump in line.
Shame the Rashad fight didn't happen.

Man up and fight someone when you're their coach and main sparring partner. Yeah, they're both not men. They should learn from you.

Those boring fights vs Mir and Nelson didn't help, I guess.

Dominant fights*. When GSP did it, everyone loved him and bashed anyone who didn't agree that he was the GOAT. When Cormier has 2 "boring" fights, he gets flamed by the same GSP fans.

in the UFC he has 2 boring HW decision wins. At LHW 1 win vs the local coffee boy. No one else with that resume will get a title shot!

if he beats hendo he is the only obvious contender after gus

That's not a fair claim on his part, because most of his resume is built in a weight class where he refused to be considered for a title shot against the champ.

His resume at LHW consists of beating up a coffee barista, and nothing else.

Man up and fight someone when you're their coach and main sparring partner. Yeah, they're both not men. They should learn from you.

Then he should stop whining about his title shot when he switched divisions. Or be angry at JDS for not gettin the job done.

If he can beat Hendo impressively then sure. Otherwise shush.

Honestly, outside of Antonio Silva this guy hasn't beaten anyone buy a bunch of overrated out of shape guys and nobodies. Let's see him face someone who's actually in their prime

Give him the loser of Bone's next bout. Then he would have earned it.

Cummins? I agree but Hendo is still a beast.

hendo is far away from his former self
nowdays hes just a one trick pony going 1-3

the way he tried to throw his "h-bomb"against vitor still makes me cringe, i remember school fights from when i was 15 and those kids would fight better than hendo did against vitor

He should have had a title shot after he defeated Barnett BUT when your BFF is Cain, either man up and fight him or shut up.

DC chose to drop down and unfortunately for him he can't jump in line.
Shame the Rashad fight didn't happen.

This. All his success came at HW. Had he stayed at HW then he would have fought for strap already.

Jeez. You really have pathetic logic.

False.

Cigano knocked out the #1 contender in his UFC debut. He then fought another 6 HW's before finally getting a crack at the title.

Never complained once.

Also it's pretty funny how every poster except you that quoted me, also agreed with me. Weird huh.

well dc did beat heavies that were bigger than him and were ranked/legit.

Sure. And for that he had a title shot...at HW that he turned down due to not wanting to fight Cain.

If he beats Hendo his name should legitimately be in the LHW title shot discussion. Not sure he should be at the top of the list but certainly up there.

You'd have had a title shot at HW Daniel. You chose to drop, which is your right, but you can't then complain about not getting a shot after defeating the lowest calibre co-main event opponent in history.

This^. Personally I think he should've fought Cain. Drop the team mate crap, if you wanna be the best, beat the best, others have fought team mates before. That being said, since he doesn't want to, he dropped and at LHW has only beaten someone not even ranked in the Top 50. I wish the Rashad fight had happened, it's not Cormier's fault really, but he moved to a different division, it's his problem. IMO, fighting Hendo won't be too hard for him (although I hope Hendo lands the bomb), I think Cormier is a nightmare for Hendo. He's younger, his wrestling is much better at this point in time (as Hendo hasn't effectively used his wrestling the way he used to for quite some time, and never had very strong freestyle), and Cormier's hands are just as fast, probably faster IMO. Of all the Top 10 opponents, Hendo MIGHT be the easiest match up for Cormier. Damn the Rashad fight for not happening.....either way, DC will most likely get his title shot if/when he beats Hendo. (I think he should have to fight one more Top LHW though, maybe Rashad or AJ before getting a title shot)

Last edited:
Honestly, outside of Antonio Silva this guy hasn't beaten anyone buy a bunch of overrated out of shape guys and nobodies. Let's see him face someone who's actually in their prime

barnett was 8-0 going into his fight against DC with 7 finishes
after losing to DC he won both his next fights

disagree with my main man Cormier here. dude needs to get past Hendo and should shut up until he does so.

He's forgetting about the murder's row JDS had to go through on his way to the title. Calm down Daniel. If you weren't training partners with the HW champ this would have been a lot less complicated.

Back