Cop Shoots Woman in Winslow AZ

I get that, but I'm speaking as a person, what I would do in that scenario...it would take literally a "me or them" scenario to kill somebody..i don't see a crazy bitch with a pair of scissors in that light, but again, that's just me..
I see what you mean. In this scenario I think the bigger deal is his partner is right behind the lady and they both probably could have restrained her without too much trouble. But for me, I can see myself shooting in that scenario.

Have you ever seen a woman go after a man with a knife?

I know a bouncer stabbed by a bikers old lady because he was confronting her old man.

The bouncer was a pro fighting and combat vet.

She was on him fast with intent, luckily someone was fast to see what was happening and knocked the he'll out of her and people jumped on both of them to end it.

Don't underestimate a female intents of doing harm with a weapon.

Intent is everything, I've been shot at by a girlfriend at close range and was carrying but didn't even draw it because I knew she didn't really want to hit me.
See, that to me is interesting, had I been in your situation with a female shooting at me, I WOULD shoot her back...that is the "me or them" scenario in talking about...using scissors as a weapon is almost impractical to the point of being useless, especially with body armour, and especially having a tazer. This is the exact scenario that was made for a tazing

I see what you mean. In this scenario I think the bigger deal is his partner is right behind the lady and they both probably could have restrained her without too much trouble. But for me, I can see myself shooting in that scenario.
That's fair enough, and I hope you can see my side of it too

If someone who is resisting, continues to fight, goes down, gets up, and comes at me with the scissors again, and continues coming towards me after I've drawn a gun and pointed it at her, it's safe to assume she's going to stab me. Is it the cops job to wait until she stabs him before drawing?

I know it's not the ideal outcome, but shit, this lady has no one to blame but herself. It's sad and I'm sure the cop feels bad and would go back in time and change the outcome if he could, but it's too late for that.

If you've never had someone try to stab you ( I have) you don't now how your mind and body will react. Every situation is different, and I don't care how much training you've had, shit can go south real fast.

I'm not a cop, but if someone comes after me with a knife and I'm carrying, I'm going to put distance between me and the person, draw and tell them to stop, and if they keep coming toward me, you gotta fire. I'm not waiting until their blade punctures my flesh.

Not true. A scissor of that size is interchangeable with a knife.
Not if you knew that she had scissors. Scissors most certainly can't do the same damage as a sharpened knife

http://www.freep.com/story/news/nat...eo-shows-fatal-police-shooting-ariz/87649006/

of course I wasn't there and I'm not a Cop, nor have ever been a Cop, I'm just another schmuck on the internet passing distant judgement but:

What with all the contention between Cops and the Navajo, and the Cops with Black people, and the Cops with Brown people, couldn't the first fucking response maybe just be:

a. pepper spray
b. tazer (let her ride the lightening)
c. Double team tackle
d. all of the above

instead of draw and kill this woman?

What the goddamn fuck?

You're mad that they killed a person who was approaching them wielding a deadly weapon? I got bigger things to be upset about

Well, I'm a standing on a corner
in Winslow, Arizona
and such a strange sight to see
It's a girl, my Lord, and she's lost her gourd
slowin' down to take a stab at me

Come on, baby, don't say maybe
I gotta know if you think your scissors can slay me.

You will lose and I will win
and you will never breathe a breath again
so why don't you die, you bitch, just die
It's just so easy!!!

Damn...and I thought that my wife could be a bitch sometimes...

She was a spit fire for sure and was in most things she did.

We actually didn't break up for a couple of months later.

This cop blows a 17 year old head off. Cop claims the kid was trying to run him over and he was clearly in front of the kid's car. The video shows that the cop was off to the side and went for a kill shot like a dick.

#whitelivesnobodycares

Yeah, cop was not in any danger there that I can see.

Not if you knew that she had scissors. Scissors most certainly can't do the same damage as a sharpened knife

You need more time stabbing things and less time posting.

dont try to attack people/LEOs with weapons and you wont get killed. simple really.
really? hmmm. i would venture to guess a lot of people have been killed by cops who didnt attack them with a weapon

See, that to me is interesting, had I been in your situation with a female shooting at me, I WOULD shoot her back...that is the "me or them" scenario in talking about...using scissors as a weapon is almost impractical to the point of being useless, especially with body armour, and especially having a tazer. This is the exact scenario that was made for a tazing

You have to evaluate each situation as it happens and we each make that call as we see it at that time.

By the same way unless they have the plates in the vest will not stop a stabbing.

You need more time stabbing things and less time posting.
What a fucking drip...why even talk shit like that?, i need less time posting because i'm not retarded to the point where i think that a pair of scissors are as dangerous as a sharpened knife?. Get a fucking clue, borrow one for all i care

You have to evaluate each situation as it happens and we each make that call as we see it at that time.

By the same way unless they have the plates in the vest will not stop a stabbing.
Indeed, and in this case, i don't think that shooting her was the right thing to do..especially going for the kill shot. Knock the bitches teeth out for all i care...but going for the kill shot is a bit much for me, in this situation

What a fucking drip...why even talk shit like that?, i need less time posting because i'm not retarded to the point where i think that a pair of scissors are as dangerous as a sharpened knife?. Get a fucking clue, borrow one for all i care

hit the gym, do some exercises....only then you will you have the strength to puncture somebodies skin with a large scissor.

hit the gym, do some exercises....only then you will you have the strength to puncture somebodies skin with a large scissor.
You're a fucking idiot mate..Why don't you learn to fight, even the basics should be enough to keep you from having to shoot a woman with a pair of scissors..

Indeed, and in this case, i don't think that shooting her was the right thing to do..especially going for the kill shot. Knock the bitches teeth out for all i care...but going for the kill shot is a bit much for me, in this situation

that's against use of force protocol, pretty basic stuff. If someone is threatening lethal force, you do not respond in less-lethal or non-lethal force. I know you think scissors can't be dangerous; I can only assume your parents own a safety scissor factor or have lots of stock in Crayola.

that's against use of force protocol, pretty basic stuff. If someone is threatening lethal force, you do no respond in less-lethal or non-lethal force. I know you think scissors can't be dangerous; I can only assume your parents own a safety scissor factor or have lots of stock in Crayola.
Carry on with the online "zingers", it doesn't change the fact that i'm confident in my physical ability to restrain a fucking woman without having to use a gun..especially if i have a tazer, and you would take her life because you're a fucking scared Cuck who can't even deal with a woman...but i forgot, "oh emm gee she has scissors!, better take her life, just in case"...you reek of someone who has had their ass kicked by a girl. Maybe people like you shouldn't be cops?

You're a fucking idiot mate..Why don't you learn to fight, even the basics should be enough to keep you from having to shoot a woman with a pair of scissors..

Then again...I look at the cop as supporting equal rights for women. (Cold...I know)

Back