Cop Shoots Woman in Winslow AZ

Chesten_Hesten

Greatness isn't Stoked by Compliments.
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.freep.com/story/news/nat...eo-shows-fatal-police-shooting-ariz/87649006/

e attempts to grab her hands when she turns back to face him, and Shipley takes Tsingine to the ground. As she gets up, a pair of silver scissors can be seen in her left hand.

Shipley pushes her away and, as she falls, she spills her belongings, including a pill bottle with her prescription for Aripiprazole, an anti-psychotic medication.

In the video, a second officer, identified by the Department of Public Safety as Sgt. Ernest Cano, approaches Tsingine from behind, standing close to the woman as she gets up and walks toward Shipley with the scissors in her hand, facing down.

Shipley draws his gun and fires. The surprised second officer sprints out of the way as Tsingine is struck.

Audio in the footage kicks in just as she falls to the ground. Shipley is heard breathing heavily with his gun still aimed at Tsingine as she struggles on the ground and pushes herself on her back.

"She came at me with those scissors," he tells the officer, right before he gags.

of course I wasn't there and I'm not a Cop, nor have ever been a Cop, I'm just another schmuck on the internet passing distant judgement but:

What with all the contention between Cops and the Navajo, and the Cops with Black people, and the Cops with Brown people, couldn't the first fucking response maybe just be:

a. pepper spray
b. tazer (let her ride the lightening)
c. Double team tackle
d. all of the above

instead of draw and kill this woman?

What the goddamn fuck?

We should have separate discussions about every single incident of violence in the United States. That would be fun.

Before he throws her it appears she tried to get a few shanks in. her intentions to do bodily harm were clear (likely lethal harm) , and she was making an obvious attempt at a second attack.

because of that the officer is clear in my opinion

however,if you know you have backup in proximity with an advantageous position and the threat is scissors im going to err on the side of non lethal action. But i wasnt there so its easy to keyboard warrior.

edit: freeze frame of the scissors prior to being thrown
xmki2w.jpg

Last edited:
Fucking pepperspray dude. Or just taze the shit out of her.

upload_2016-7-28_16-52-26.png

This is after he took her down and she managed to get back up, holding the scissors in her right hand (view blocked).

His takedown skillz are shit but in that scenario, with her in that close proximity holding a knife, I can see how he reacted to the threat of death or serious bodily harm with lethal force.

Perps should really check out the use of force model instead of thinking they're gonna be the one the cops choose to disregard it for.

Looks justified.

I'm not sure if either of the cops had a tazer but if so maybe the cop in the back could have tazed her.

It happened fast and in a situation like that instinct takes over.

Fuck pepper spray in a situation like that, it's shit at best and in that situation I would not bet my life on it for sure.

because of that the officer is clear in my opinion

however,if you know you have backup in proximity with an advantageous position and the threat is scissors im going to err on the side of non lethal action. But i wasnt there so its easy to keyboard warrior.

Clear Sure, and absolutely easy to keyboard warrior this, but --- I think it bugs me since its a woman. Plus she's walking towards him, not doing the Usain Bolt at him.

as long as she's not AA it's fine

Who's AA?

e. offer her some meth if she complies

Want Some Candy?
hqdefault.jpg

The issue is in that situation what are you doing if the pepper spray or tazer dont work?
I mean the Cop misses his one shot with the tazer, the woman can stab him in the neck or chest.

Dont want to get shot, dont run at cops with a deadly weapon.

Crackhead + scissors > tazer/pepper spray

Suicide by cop/10

Fucking pepperspray dude. Or just taze the shit out of her.
Nope, too hard apparently. I can't imagine a scenario where i would shoot a woman who had a pair of scissors as a weapon

http://www.freep.com/story/news/nat...eo-shows-fatal-police-shooting-ariz/87649006/

of course I wasn't there and I'm not a Cop, nor have ever been a Cop, I'm just another schmuck on the internet passing distant judgement but:

What with all the contention between Cops and the Navajo, and the Cops with Black people, and the Cops with Brown people, couldn't the first fucking response maybe just be:

a. pepper spray
b. tazer (let her ride the lightening)
c. Double team tackle
d. all of the above

instead of draw and kill this woman?

What the goddamn fuck?

Suicide by Cop.

She was approaching him with scissors and intent to do harm, it seems like a good shoot to me.

Back