Cop issues ticket to wrong driver

And no i do not do drugs or anything illegal. I have never done drugs of any kind not marijauana or anything. Ive never even seen that in person. Total square.

giphy.gif

I would be interested in the nationality, race and sex of these independent witnesses - wonder why the young white girl has two independent witnesses claiming the brown immigrant(?) was in the wrong when the video proves otherwise. The cop isn't at all to blame here - accidents are he said/she said unless a party admits their mistake so you look to the two independent witnesses for the "truth" and it's given more weight. It's why there is no-fault insurance, it's just a hassle to prove without camera footage. The woman claims she was turning on a yellow to clear the intersection, and that the man drove through the yellow when he could have stopped - without video that seems just as likely or more likely that the girl turning in front of a oncoming car with a green. Accident fault is hard to piece together after the fact. Cop listened to both parties and then the woman was corroborated by independent witnesses - what else is the cop supposed to do? He was told only after he issued the ticket that there was video, once the ticket is written it can't be "ripped up" at the scene by the officer - the officer did tell the driver how to fight the ticket, to plead not guilty and get a court date and then bring the video to court. I really don't see the officer in the wrong here at all given the facts provided.

I mean it's very possible this woman believes she was in the right and for whatever reason assumed it was a yellow and figured the oncoming car would stop - footage shows she is wrong but I don't think she intended to crash (unless she's some insurance scammer which is unlikely) and thus she believes she proceeded correctly and isn't necessarily lying.

When this footage is seen in court the ticket will be cancelled and the woman will be issued a ticket. That will likely be the end of it, it's too bad the two witnesses won't be called to answer for their lies though.

When this footage is seen in court the ticket will be cancelled and the woman will be issued a ticket. That will likely be the end of it, it's too bad the two witnesses won't be called to answer for their lies though.
Will the woman be issued a ticket?

Im not so sure thats going to happen. Think as long as you can get out of the ticket on scene for a minor collision youre good to go.

Will the woman be issued a ticket?

Im not so sure thats going to happen. Think as long as you can get out of the ticket on scene for a minor collision youre good to go.
That's only the case when there is no video like this. Because the officer makes the judgement call at the scene and the ticketed party can challenge in court, where the court could cancel the ticket or whatever, but not going to then find the other driver was at fault without any real evidence. When this video is provided to the court, it's absolute proof the other woman is at fault and she'll be ticketed.

Or they are making a post with a point that is legit? So since its the truth makes it anti-cop? Jesus you are a moron.

What point is being made? That, even in the video, you can hear a few people saying the "left-turner" had the right of way, so it's logical that they were the independent witnesses? That the cop was absolutely correct about not being able to tear up a ticket once it's started? That the driver with the dashcam didn't mention it, and wasn't able to provide the cop with the evidence, before the ticket was written? Seriously?

The whole thing is his word versus her word and a few independent witnesses. Without the dash-cam footage there is no way to be sure who was at fault, and when you have people on the street corroborating one persons testimony does that mean the police officer should just ignore all of that? Also, for all we know, the lights weren't properly synced or glitched and she did have a green arrow. It certainly has happened before and that would make sense that the people on the street were defending the left-turner.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/malfunctioning-traffic-light-likely-cause-of-fatal-motorcycle-accident

I fail to see, in every single sense, how this is a bad cop doing shady things. He made a judgement call, which likely was wrong now that we see the video evidence which he wasn't able to see, but it's not like he was extremely malicious or biased. The guy with the dash-cam footage wasn't able to show the cop the footage on scene, or before he wrote the ticket, so he was just following procedure. The article states he told the guy to take his evidence to court which is where this whole thing should have ended. I don't understand why this has turned into a "bad cop" scenario.

What point is being made? That, even in the video, you can hear a few people saying the "left-turner" had the right of way, so it's logical that they were the independent witnesses? That the cop was absolutely correct about not being able to tear up a ticket once it's started? That the driver with the dashcam didn't mention it, and wasn't able to provide the cop with the evidence, before the ticket was written? Seriously?

The whole thing is his word versus her word and a few independent witnesses. Without the dash-cam footage there is no way to be sure who was at fault, and when you have people on the street corroborating one persons testimony does that mean the police officer should just ignore all of that? Also, for all we know, the lights weren't properly synced or glitched and she did have a green arrow. It certainly has happened before and that would make sense that the people on the street were defending the left-turner.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/malfunctioning-traffic-light-likely-cause-of-fatal-motorcycle-accident

I fail to see, in every single sense, how this is a bad cop doing shady things. He made a judgement call, which likely was wrong now that we see the video evidence which he wasn't able to see, but it's not like he was extremely malicious or biased. The guy with the dash-cam footage wasn't able to show the cop the footage on scene, or before he wrote the ticket, so he was just following procedure. The article states he told the guy to take his evidence to court which is where this whole thing should have ended. I don't understand why this has turned into a "bad cop" scenario.
You never have the right of way when making a left turn unless there is a green arrow. And the cop's judgement was likely influenced by the fact that the girl was white and the guy she hit wasn't.

You never have the right of way when making a left turn unless there is a green arrow. And the cop's judgement was likely influenced by the fact that the girl was white and the guy she hit wasn't.

Wow, so you're just assuming the cop was biased? Yeah, that must be it, it certainly could NOT have been the people on the street corroborating the "left-turners" story. Nope, the cop was just a no good racist because that's the ONLY possible way this could have happened.

Seriously man? Do we know if there's an arrow on that traffic signal from which she was turning? I didn't see it in the video and I don't recall them specifying in the article (I could have missed it though). Either way the guy even acknowledged the cop was interested in seeing the dash-cam footage, but the driver didn't have the appropriate peripheral available at the time. From what we know now the cop made a mistake, but how can you feel justified in just jumping to the "cop is biased" argument?

Had something somewhat similar happen to me. Was doing about 80 in a 65, there were cars flying by me doing 90. Fucking dyke highway patrol pulls me over and dings me for 88 on the radar. No way to prove that she was pointing it at a different car. Fuct because she got me for 21+ over too.

Last edited:
Wow, so you're just assuming the cop was biased? Yeah, that must be it, it certainly could NOT have been the people on the street corroborating the "left-turners" story. Nope, the cop was just a no good racist because that's the ONLY possible way this could have happened.

Seriously man? Do we know if there's an arrow on that traffic signal from which she was turning? I didn't see it in the video and I don't recall them specifying in the article (I could have missed it though). Either way the guy even acknowledged the cop was interested in seeing the dash-cam footage, but the driver didn't have the appropriate peripheral available at the time. From what we know now the cop made a mistake, but how can you feel justified in just jumping to the "cop is biased" argument?
Because you simply never have the right of way at a left turn unless there is an arrow. You kid always yield. And if you really think the race of the two people had nothing to do with it, you are just fucking stupid and willfully so, probably because it wouldn't fit what I'm guessing is your narrative which is that there is no more racism, and any time people claim something is racist, they are "playing the race card." Now tell me I'm wrong about that.

Because you simply never have the right of way at a left turn unless there is an arrow. You kid always yield. And if you really think the race of the two people had nothing to do with it, you are just fucking stupid and willfully so, probably because it wouldn't fit what I'm guessing is your narrative which is that there is no more racism, and any time people claim something is racist, they are "playing the race card." Now tell me I'm wrong about that.

Can you read? Nowhere in the article posted does it say which type of signal the woman turning left had. Did she have a left turn arrow? As I already provided evidence there are plenty of times where traffic lights fail to operate properly.

Anyway, no, I don't automatically assume that every single encounter between different people comes down to race. Perhaps that's how twisted the world is in your bigoted eyes, but not mine. Not everybody lives in a world where race is the primary and only determining factor in every single outcome. Whatever.... I can see you don't actually want to discuss anything, you're just here to call the cops racist and move along.

considering it is on tape, all the guy has to do is show up to court and his ticket is gone.

considering it is on tape, all the guy has to do is show up to court and his ticket is gone.

Yep, 100% correct. Dash-cams are an amazing thing... puts an end to the "your word versus theirs" scenarios.

That pedestrian at the end of clip is such a dumbass.

"She has the right of way!"

No moron, if there's no green arrow then she's supposed to yield. She didn't use her blinkers either.

That pedestrian at the end of clip is such a dumbass.

"She has the right of way!"

No moron, if there's no green arrow then she's supposed to yield. She didn't use her blinkers either.

The article doesn't mention whether or not there's a green arrow. OP said there was, but it's not in the source, so that's not concrete.

Let's face it. The cops bias favors skinny white girl over brown man. No way around it.

I've seen so many cops let Boise dimes off clear crimes. Had these crimes like dui been committed by a brown person there would have been arrest, jail, or shooting.

That's only the case when there is no video like this. Because the officer makes the judgement call at the scene and the ticketed party can challenge in court, where the court could cancel the ticket or whatever, but not going to then find the other driver was at fault without any real evidence. When this video is provided to the court, it's absolute proof the other woman is at fault and she'll be ticketed.
This true @irish_thug ?

Let's face it. The cops bias favors skinny white girl over brown man. No way around it.

I've seen so many cops let Boise dimes off clear crimes. Had these crimes like dui been committed by a brown person there would have been arrest, jail, or shooting.
I read this article where a new york prosecuter basically said that you will never find an attractive woman in traffic court. When you look around its always men minorities and boise 5 and below.

At one point i thought about law school and went to the city court house to listen in frequently a couple years ago and indeed it truly seems outside of lawyers and paralegals you rarely saw attractive women in the court room. Never saw any charged with a crime.

Can you read? Nowhere in the article posted does it say which type of signal the woman turning left had. Did she have a left turn arrow? As I already provided evidence there are plenty of times where traffic lights fail to operate properly.

Anyway, no, I don't automatically assume that every single encounter between different people comes down to race. Perhaps that's how twisted the world is in your bigoted eyes, but not mine. Not everybody lives in a world where race is the primary and only determining factor in every single outcome. Whatever.... I can see you don't actually want to discuss anything, you're just here to call the cops racist and move along.
If she had a left green arrow then the dash cam guy would not have a green.

Thats like a chinese roadway experiment waiting to happen.

Even in the far off scenerio of a malfunctioning light she could easily see the oncoming traffic but still turned in front of it. Youre supposed to look and slow down before making a left turn. They are the single largest reason for traffic accidents and death related crashes. She didnt even have her signal on and youre still defending her. Sounds like you need to freshen up on drivers ed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back