Cop issues ticket to wrong driver

All this makes me wonder is why I pay higher insurance rates in Ontario then women do....

You really think a cop issuing a traffic ticket to the wrong person is thread worthy?
You do realize he will also write a police report that insurance companies use to decide whose at fault and will pay for the damages right?

It's a big deal when that guy is going have his insurance rates skyrocket for some dumb cunt and retarded cop.

GO suck of pigs in some other thread. Or if it suits your fancy I can post dozens of stories of cops killing people unjustly just this year.

MY personal favorite is a cop accidentally shot his partner while arresting someone so they thought the best course of action was to kill the unarmed guy and then claim he was the one who shot the cop so they didn't get in trouble.

But Mayberry is for a bit lighter discussion.

You do realize he will also write a police report that insurance companies use to decide whose at fault and will pay for the damages right?

It's a big deal when that guy is going have his insurance rates skyrocket for some dumb cunt and retarded cop.

GO suck of pigs in some other thread. Or if it suits your fancy I can post dozens of stories of cops killing people unjustly just this year.

MY personal favorite is a cop accidentally shot his partner while arresting someone so they thought the best course of action was to kill the unarmed guy and then claim he was the one who shot the cop so they didn't get in trouble.

But Mayberry is for a bit lighter discussion.
Damn, I want to read that story.

I would have done the same thing though.

A driver with the right of way going straight through a green gets smashed into by a woman turning left with no signal. Cop arrives and issues the innocent man going straight a ticket.

https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/gt...n-crash-suggests-driver-wrongly-charged.html?

I have to say this infuriates me. Now i know why people just straight up lie to police. This woman basically got out of a pretty substantial ticket and also saved the time from attending court by lying through her teeth. The police say the investigation is ongoing and charges "may" be laid against the left turning driver but what are the odds of that actually happening? Do cops ever give tickets to people for minor accidents after theyve left the scene? Hell naw. Like they are going to drive to the womans house trying to track her down and serve her some petty traffic tickets. Unless there was a fatality involved i think she just got out of some tickets fines and demerits. There you have it, apparently there are two lessons here. 1. buy a dashcam 2. if you are at fault lie through your teeth.

That is what law enforcement will do.
Don't know about Peel, but but some police departments have a separate division that just deals with traffic accidents & tickets. Sounds like Peel doesn't have a separate investigation division and the responding officer doesn't understand how to handle an auto accident.
Also in regards to issuing tickets, at the very least the city wants that fine money, some cities (like San Diego) will send your $20 parking ticket to collections.

As stated in the link, driver can present his dash cam video in court and get the ticket dropped. Sucks that he has to go through that process, but that is what court is there for. Also, accident reports and charges can be changed, just because the other driver initially got away with her lie doesn't mean she is in the clear.

That is what law enforcement will do.
Don't know about Peel, but but some police departments have a separate division that just deals with traffic accidents & tickets. Sounds like Peel doesn't have a separate investigation division and the responding officer doesn't understand how to handle an auto accident.
Also in regards to issuing tickets, at the very least the city wants that fine money, some cities (like San Diego) will send your $20 parking ticket to collections.

As stated in the link, driver can present his dash cam video in court and get the ticket dropped. Sucks that he has to go through that process, but that is what court is there for. Also, accident reports and charges can be changed, just because the other driver initially got away with her lie doesn't mean she is in the clear.
Im fairly certain she did not get charged despite the dash cam video.

I learned to drive abroad.

very good actually.
Ah of course what a cliche response...

But really I'm just saying this isn't a big deal. The thread below where some Texan arrests a kid and his mom is bad. This is just a case of an officer with bad information that will get easily dismissed.

Ah of course what a cliche response...

But really I'm just saying this isn't a big deal. The thread below where some Texan arrests a kid and his mom is bad. This is just a case of an officer with bad information that will get easily dismissed.
It wasnt really just about the officer issuing the ticket to the wrong person, it was more about whether they would charge the woman upon seeing damning evidence. Otherwise it really does prove that when it comes to police, lying is the best policy.

Back