Cop issues ticket to wrong driver

Banchan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A driver with the right of way going straight through a green gets smashed into by a woman turning left with no signal. Cop arrives and issues the innocent man going straight a ticket.

https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/gt...n-crash-suggests-driver-wrongly-charged.html?

I have to say this infuriates me. Now i know why people just straight up lie to police. This woman basically got out of a pretty substantial ticket and also saved the time from attending court by lying through her teeth. The police say the investigation is ongoing and charges "may" be laid against the left turning driver but what are the odds of that actually happening? Do cops ever give tickets to people for minor accidents after theyve left the scene? Hell naw. Like they are going to drive to the womans house trying to track her down and serve her some petty traffic tickets. Unless there was a fatality involved i think she just got out of some tickets fines and demerits. There you have it, apparently there are two lessons here. 1. buy a dashcam 2. if you are at fault lie through your teeth.

Do cops ever give tickets to people for minor accidents after theyve left the scene? Hell naw. Like they are going to drive to the womans house trying to track her down and serve her some petty traffic tickets.

Yea, they will. Not to mention they will probably charge her with obstruction of justice for lying.

Come on man. Let say what the real issues are.

Male cop listens to story of white girl and gives her the benefit of the doubt. Shocker. Skinny white girl privilege. I've seen it time and again. Boise dimes driving drunk or recklessly and getting a pass. If they had been black man wouldn't been arrested or shot.

Video has shown the dirty underside of cops.

Let me see if I know anyone with first hand knowledge of it. I know a couple of guys there.
@peelpd? Can you find out if the left turner was ever charged? Been trying to find updates on the case but i cant find anything further. I dont think the guy has gotten a trial date yet. Im told traffic violations take 8 months to a year to get a court date in the gta.

In your opinion, if someone were to hypothetically convince a cop of their innocence at a traffic accident and the wrong person was ticketed as result, would cops ever then ticket the other party that lied if damning evidence such as dashcam appeared after all had left the scene or is it true that as long as you can convince the cop the other guy is at fault at the scene you can basically get away with the fault of collision and never be charged? Would the police go through the trouble of finding someone to ticket them for traffic accident long after they left the scene considering they (wrongly) issued the ticket to the wrong party?

You guys are really stretching when you're posting videos of fender benders to get your anti cop threads in for the day.

@Banchan what personal encounters with police officers have you had?

You guys are really stretching when you're posting videos of fender benders to get your anti cop threads in for the day.

Or they are making a post with a point that is legit? So since its the truth makes it anti-cop? Jesus you are a moron.

Or they are making a post with a point that is legit? So since its the truth makes it anti-cop? Jesus you are a moron.
You really think a cop issuing a traffic ticket to the wrong person is thread worthy?

@Banchan what personal encounters with police officers have you had?
Not one like this but this could happen to anyone. Im very curious if all that matters to police is issuing someone a ticket at the scene or if they will recify the at fault party after they have already left the scene. A situation like this puts the innocent party in a very bad situation with their insurance and results in the loss of time money and demerit points. If not for the dashcam he would have had little to no chance to fight being at fault. The police officers opinion about whos fault and the fact that you were charged for a traffic act would be used against you by insurance on both sides.

Not one like this but this could happen to anyone. Im very curious if all that matters to police is issuing someone a ticket at the scene or if they will recify the at fault party after they have already left the scene. A situation like this puts the innocent party in a very bad situation with their insurance and results in the loss of time money and demerit points. If not for the dashcam he would have had little to no chance to fight being at fault. The police officers opinion about whos fault and the fact that the person was charged for a traffic act would be used against you.

Have you had any real-life interaction with police? Ever gotten a ticket, or been arrested?

You really think a cop issuing a traffic ticket to the wrong person is thread worthy?
Its not just about that. If you are in an accident and it was totally the other persons fault does the issuing of tickets only happen at time of cop at scene of occurance or will they recify the charge and charge the other guy. Its about justice not just getting an undeserved ticket.

Have you had any real-life interaction with police? Ever gotten a ticket, or been arrested?
No. My only occurance was not traffic related and i did not commit a crime and no ive never been arrested. Im law abiding.

Dash Cameras cost like $60 these days.
A cheap camera might not to be all that clear and perhaps worthless at night. Do research and try to make certain that night recording and clarity of footage has good reviews.:)

OK thanks.
And no i do not do drugs or anything illegal. I have never done drugs of any kind not marijauana or anything. Ive never even seen that in person. Total square.

And no i do not do drugs or anything illegal. I have never done drugs of any kind not marijauana or anything. Ive never even seen that in person. Total square.

That's good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back