Cop issues ticket to wrong driver

I read this article where a new york prosecuter basically said that you will never find an attractive woman in traffic court. When you look around its always men minorities and boise 5 and below.

At one point i thought about law school and went to the city court house to listen in frequently a couple years ago and indeed it truly seems outside of lawyers and paralegals you rarely saw attractive women in the court room. Never saw any charged with a crime.
So which one are you? A man or a Boise 5?

I read this article where a new york prosecuter basically said that you will never find an attractive woman in traffic court.

so true. the judges there are notoriously racist/prejudice. I remember this immigrant getting a 300 dollar fine for having his music "too loud". that was decided in like a minute. then an underage girl was caught drinking & driving, open container & all. the judge made small talk with her asking about her background, which ended with them laughing & the dismissal of her ticket.

Even in the far off scenerio of a malfunctioning light she could easily see the oncoming traffic but still turned in front of it. Youre supposed to look and slow down before making a left turn. They are the single largest reason for traffic accidents and death related crashes. She didnt even have her signal on and youre still defending her. Sounds like you need to freshen up on drivers ed.

I'm not defending her, but instead just asking questions. People made a lot of assertions in this thread that aren't necessarily true. I agree that people drive like shit because they think they have the right of way, so they don't even bother looking. My main point in posting was that this thread had turned into a "bad/racist cop" thread and it shouldn't have. Without the video evidence showing who had the green light there was a lot of possible scenarios, and I think the cop made a judgement call on the scene (disinterested parties claimed the left-turning woman had the right of way) with the known evidence at the time.

If she had a left green arrow then the dash cam guy would not have a green.

Thats like a chinese roadway experiment waiting to happen.
Yup, a green arrow wouldn't be directing cars into oncoming traffic. Can't see any way it's not her fault.

I read this article where a new york prosecuter basically said that you will never find an attractive woman in traffic court. When you look around its always men minorities and boise 5 and below.

At one point i thought about law school and went to the city court house to listen in frequently a couple years ago and indeed it truly seems outside of lawyers and paralegals you rarely saw attractive women in the court room. Never saw any charged with a crime.
except prostitution

I'm not defending her, but instead just asking questions. People made a lot of assertions in this thread that aren't necessarily true. I agree that people drive like shit because they think they have the right of way, so they don't even bother looking. My main point in posting was that this thread had turned into a "bad/racist cop" thread and it shouldn't have. Without the video evidence showing who had the green light there was a lot of possible scenarios, and I think the cop made a judgement call on the scene (disinterested parties claimed the left-turning woman had the right of way) with the known evidence at the time.
Okay fair. I personally am not making this about race but i would like to know if the cops will recify the charges and charge the left turning girl or if she indeed will get away with it.

I dont understand why people would question this thread motive. If this happened to you and you had to invest time and effort to drive to the court house and spend the whole day there to defend a wrongful ticket, would you be content that the other driver who lied through their teeth got nothing? No charges and no inconvenience at all on their part after troubling you significantly with their lies? I would extremely angry at that.

Its not like you can just pay fine either you have to clear up the charges to rectify the policemans opinion on the accident report or the left turners insurance will try to leverage the fact the cop sided with the left turner and you even got a ticket for it. I would be pissed! This would be me

@bad seed

Last edited:
considering it is on tape, all the guy has to do is show up to court and his ticket is gone.
If only it were that simple. You have to bring your ticket to the court and fill out papers to request a trial then they make you wait to speak to a prosecutor and people literally spend the whole day there waiting to speak to a prosecutor. Its not like an appointment its like waiting at the dmv only 100 times longer. I would walk in am and leave in pm and people would still be waiting to speak to a prosecutor. I would be near murderous levels of furious if this happened to me.:eek:

I have to say this infuriates me. Now i know why people just straight up lie to police. This woman basically got out of a pretty substantial ticket and also saved the time from attending court by lying through her teeth.
It took this video to make you realize that? Honesty is rarely the best policy with cops, even if you're innocent.

Technically speaking with provincial offences there isn't the same burden of proof as there is with criminal cases, meaning the crown does not need to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. But I have seen numerous cases where the crown has withdrawn charges based on insufficient evidence, or with the defendant providing some minor piece of evidence.

If only it were that simple. You have to bring your ticket to the court and fill out papers to request a trial then they make you wait to speak to a prosecutor and people literally spend the whole day there waiting to speak to a prosecutor. Its not like an appointment its like waiting at the dmv only 100 times longer. I would walk in am and leave in pm and people would still be waiting to speak to a prosecutor. I would be near murderous levels of furious if this happened to me.:eek:
In this case the crown will definitely withdraw charges based on the video. PRP may actually choose not to proceed with it just to avoid the negative press.

As a brown guy what really irritates me is the "witnesses" who were at the scene and were ready to support the white female when someone even with a half a brain knows that nobody has a right of way to turn left on a green signal. Unfortunately race can be a factor in situations such as this but at the same time i believe most witnesses would not lie to just save a person of their own race.

Finally, i do think police should represent the population that they are policing as that keeps them in check due to having to work with colleagues of different backgrounds. I will never buy the argument that police departments cant find acceptable candidates from other communities as policing isnt rocket science and qualified individuals exist in all communities. Many times the departments put up qualifications to dissuade certain communities from applying.

Will the woman be issued a ticket?

Im not so sure thats going to happen. Think as long as you can get out of the ticket on scene for a minor collision youre good to go.

No. You can be cited later if more evidence comes out. And the citation issued at the scene will be dismissed based on the video. I'll be honest, I didn't watch the video but if their were third party witnesses backing the female then the cop made a judgement call based upon the totality of the circumstances. It's really not a bad idea to have a dash cam in any instance, not only for things like this, but insurance claims and such too.

as a pedestrian who doesn't drive on a daily basis, i have to say that being a pedestrian is even scarier than driving alongside morons like that woman in the video. there have been countless times when i've almost been hit by a car, because drivers refused to look both ways. i don't get into a car accident if they fuck up. i fucking die.

As a brown guy what really irritates me is the "witnesses" who were at the scene and were ready to support the white female when someone even with a half a brain knows that nobody has a right of way to turn left on a green signal. Unfortunately race can be a factor in situations such as this but at the same time i believe most witnesses would not lie to just save a person of their own race.

Finally, i do think police should represent the population that they are policing as that keeps them in check due to having to work with colleagues of different backgrounds. I will never buy the argument that police departments cant find acceptable candidates from other communities as policing isnt rocket science and qualified individuals exist in all communities. Many times the departments put up qualifications to dissuade certain communities from applying.

along with that, a good amount of folks hear a foreign accent, and automatically become suspicious and think incompetence on their part.

By the time they get a court date it will likely be too late to issue ticket to her, although it is possible. I doubt she will get charged with obstruct or anything criminal. I think the only thing that is likely to happen to her is she will still be found at fault for the accident and take the hit on her insurance rates.

By the time they get a court date it will likely be too late to issue ticket to her, although it is possible. I doubt she will get charged with obstruct or anything criminal. I think the only thing that is likely to happen to her is she will still be found at fault for the accident and take the hit on her insurance rates.
Lol @ yall saying the left hand turner would be charged. Proof you all know nothing about the law.

@irish_thug thank you clarifying the situation

Back