Conor will beat khabib inside 1.

It's very possible. I think if Conor has any chance to win, it's going to be early in the fight. If this fight goes multiple rounds, and Conor is not able to significantly damage Khabib and stay out of the clinch, he will fade. If you start to fade against Khabib and your TDD starts to go, you're in big trouble.

I guess the thing to do is let them fight...then either your logic will prove to be correct and McGregor will destroy Khabib; or you will be wrong as McGregor gets rag- dolled. In regards to your comparison, I think the difference is that McGregor has consistently fought smaller men, including Alvarez. His record fighting men near his own weight / size (Nate Diaz) does not look as great. 1 loss, 1 split decision.
So, let's see McGregor fight Khabib, and then Ferguson...prove that he is more than a mouth with above slightly average fighting skills. I just want to see him defend a belt!

Lol every single reply is a meme or people just saying random things. It's cute when the haters have no facts to rebbutle anything I've said. I get it though. It's hard to defend a guy who has beat nobody lmao. I'll wait to reply to someone with an actual argument.
They are doing it because you haven't said anything new. You didn't even say it in a new way.

Your "mma math" is flawed as well. There are plenty of examples where one person had a perceived worst resume than his opponent and still won. Your lord and savior mcgregor is an example of that. Also examples of the reverse where the person lost. mcgregor is also an example of that.

If you are going to worship the feet of mcgregor at least do it in an original way.

First off, khabib has an extremely padded record, similiar to on the rise boxers who fight a bunch of cans to get there undefeated record. He's fought 2 top 10 opponents, and literally ZERO top 5 opponents. Don't you people remember when conor was on the rise, and people were crying he got a gifted title shot? But in reality, he beat top 5 Dustin porier(at the time), and then Number 1 ranked Chad mendes(at the time) not to mention max Holloway who is now interim champion. Khabib in his last fight, round one, for about 3 minutes was standing with Micheal, and almost got KOes like 3 times with wild hay makers. If you stand with Conor for 3 minutes, your getting shit out horribly. The level of competition isn't even comparable. Conor beat Aldo, Mendes, Holloway, porier, Eddie, Diaz. Khabib beat a green RDA, and Micheal Johnson. This is ridiculous.
Becuase MMA math.

I guess the thing to do is let them fight...then either our logic will prove to be correct and McGregor will destroy Khabib; or you will be wrong as McGregor gets rag- dolled. In regards to your comparison, I think the difference is that McGregor has consistently fought smaller men, including Alvarez. His record fighting men near his own weight / size (Nate Diaz) does not look as great. 1 loss, 1 split decision.
So, let's see McGregor fight Khabib, and then Ferguson...prove that he is more than a mouth with above slightly average fighting skills. I just want to see him defend a belt!
Let me throw some facts your way that may change your mind about things. First off, eddie has been quoted saying he walks around at over a 180 pounds. Dustin porier walks around at 190 witch he has a video of on youtube. Aldo probably is 170. Nate was near 200 pounds before cutting according to many sources. Conor has fought multiple opponents bigger than him and beat them. But I appreciate your response.

Level of competition doesn't mean anything in a fight. Fighters styles make the fight. If Conor is able to keep it standing, then yes, he most likely wins. If Khabib gets it to the ground any given round, he most likely wins. Why? Conor is a striker and Khabib is a grappler.

It is of my opinion that Khabib gets it to the ground, starts some gnp, Conor makes a mistake and Khabib submits him.

MJ is much faster than connor and has elite wrestling to boot.

Connor is more accurate and powerfull - he might land a few on khabib but even a near knocked out khabib is getting a take down in
He isn't even a state level wrestler. He fought for a community college and changed to MMA. You are confused with the national champion 'Michael Johnson' who is in jail now.

Nice try

TS is right Khabib hasn't beaten 1 top 5 guy. Not one.

His highest ranked win is #6 in Johnson. He fought RDA when he was at #7.

Khabib demanding a title shot is laughable. Get through fergie then we can have a discussion.

47 seconds in when Khabib goes for 1st take down a knee or elbow will end on the sweet hot sport on the side of Khabibs head and it will be a vicious ko

Khabib goes down in flames. The can crusher will be exposed.

Khabib has zero chance against Conor. Eddie has better takedowns and didn't land one. Khabib's panic wrestling will earn him an early trip to the hospital. This is all hypothetical of course, since Khabib has almost no chance of getting past Tony.

It's possible, but it won't be Conor's superior level of previous competition which secures the win for him. It will be his power, timing, accuracy and Khabib's ghastly standup.

Conor tried to pad his record early in his career but he got finished the first couple times he fought guys with winning records..

Conor is the best striker & Khabib is the best grappler, no question about it, if you think Conor can KO him before the takedown.. it's definitely possible, but if it doesn't happen, he's entering a world of pain!!

Conor tried to pad his record early in his career but he got finished the first couple times he fought guys with winning records..

Conor is the best striker & Khabib is the best grappler, no question about it, if you think Conor can KO him before the takedown.. it's definitely possible, but if it doesn't happen, he's entering a world of pain!!
One of conors early losses is to Joe Duffy who is a top 15 lightweight in the UFC. He wasent a complete bum like everyone khabib fought in his early career.

I can't wait til all the conor haters turn on Khabib afterwards and start using threads like this to point out that he was never that good to begin with.

Eddie has already felt sherdogs wrath!

TS isnt too far off. Khabibs is a master of wrestling and gnp, where as on the feet, Conor would outclass him heavily. Conor fighting Mendes w a bum leg showed that he could be taken down, but since that fight, he has only gotten much better in grappling and tdd. Eddie couldnt take him down, Nate (much bigger opponent) got stuffed repeatedly. Conor has a good chance and keeping Khabib on the feet and then bringing him down same way he did Alvarez. Sting Khabib once and I bet it goes the same way.

-2016 Sherdogger

Back