***Conor Welshed - Donor restricted gifts***

all he had to was asked, yet he his team just ghosted

he wouldn't even know to ask. You didn't call him or his lawyers and inform them of this unusual service, so all this is actually your fault.

he wouldn't even know to ask. You didn't call him or his lawyers and inform them of this unusual service, so all this is actually your fault.
Lol wut?

Conor goes public pledging 500k

Dustin's team contacts his team for actual execution

Conor ghosts

Dustin was the one who announced that Conor approached him about making the donation, and in hindsight it seems like he announced it publicly to pressure Conor into making the donation.

Conor should be well acquainted with lawyers since he has had many run ins with legal system. If he actually meant to give the money instead of trying to steal spotlight without fulfilling the deed, he simply could have made a donor restricted gift.

https://www.barneswendling.com/non-profit-donations-managing-donor-restricted-gifts/

1) purpose restrictions

2) time restrictions

3) permanent restrictions

This would have put the onus on Dustin's organization to track and report.

TL/DR: if Conor was serious he would have lawyered up, and man up.
The fight was less than three months ago. Dustin going on Twitter to try and shame someone is super unprofessional and he probably just hurt his charity with that move.

The fight was less than three months ago. Dustin going on Twitter to try and shame someone is super unprofessional and he probably just hurt his charity with that move.
Maybe a guy should be careful with his Twitter.

Conor tries to shame Poirier.
Poirier strikes back
Conor quits
Sherdogger says Poirier shouldnt try to shame Conor.

Seems like Conor is being a typical “can dish it out but he can’t take it” sorta schoolyard bully to me.

Aaand my guess is that Poirier had already given up on Conor’s contribution, or else you’re right, he wouldn’t have wrecked him on social media over it.

EDIT oh shit I just saw that Mayweather is donating $2m now over this kerfluffle. Huge if true :eek:

Last edited:
Maybe a guy should be careful with his Twitter.

Conor tries to shame Poirier.
Poirier strikes back
Conor quits
Sherdogger says Poirier shouldnt try to shame Conor.

Seems like Conor is being a typical “can dish it out but he can’t take it” sorta schoolyard bully to me.

Aaand my guess is that Poirier had already given up on Conor’s contribution, or else you’re right, he wouldn’t have wrecked him on social media over it.
Again, the fight was under three months ago AND they had another fight scheduled. How is he ghosting? You're just being irrational. Work it out through professional means. There's a reason you never see charities putting people on blast on Twitter.

I have a feeling that this whole situation is BS. I think that Dustin got the donation, but both the fighters wanted to do this because it would get more eyeballs on the trilogy.
That would be really shitty of both fighters and I would immediately want both of them first round KO'd for the remainder of their careers. I can't believe this idea is even being entertained.

Last edited:
Again, the fight was under three months ago AND they had another fight scheduled. How is he ghosting? You're just being irrational. Work it out through professional means. There's a reason you never see charities putting people on blast on Twitter.
Right.

So either Conor ghosted Poirier because a) he had no intension of following through, or b) he simply couldn’t be bothered to follow up. Maybe “yet” ( as you seem to be suggesting ) or maybe never ( as Poirier obviously concluded ).

So best case scenario, Conor couldn’t be bothered to follow up on a promise in a timely fashion, and his team was too embarrassed to say so, so they just didn’t reply. But everyone should assume he eventually will - because you think it’s obvious.

That’s a pretty damning best case scenario....But surely you understand why some people don’t immediately jump on the “best case scenario is that at Conor is only kind of an asshole” bandwagon like you did, right?

Last edited:
Right.

So either Conor ghosted Poirier because a) he had no intension of following through, or b) he simply couldn’t be bothered to follow up. Maybe “yet” ( as you seem to be suggesting ) or maybe never ( as Poirier obviously concluded ).

So best case scenario, Conor couldn’t be bothered to follow up on a promise. But everyone should assume he eventually will. Even if he and his people stopped responding to emails.

That’s a pretty damning best case scenario....But surely you understand why some people don’t immediately jump on the “best case scenario is that at Conor is only kind of an asshole” bandwagon like you did, right?
By definition: A pledge results in a donation eventually, just not right away. Not enough time has even passed for it to be considered a ghost especially when you factor in that another fight is scheduled. He's not going anywhere. As well, you are also completely discrediting Conor's response that his team reached out and they didn't get a response.

AND you're missing my main point. It's completely unprofessional for a charity to behave this way. You don't see other charities acting this way for a reason.

Conor should be well acquainted with lawyers since he has had many run ins with legal system. If he actually meant to give the money instead of trying to steal spotlight without fulfilling the deed, he simply could have made a donor restricted gift.

https://www.barneswendling.com/non-profit-donations-managing-donor-restricted-gifts/

1) purpose restrictions

2) time restrictions

3) permanent restrictions

This would have put the onus on Dustin's organization to track and report.

TL/DR: if Conor was serious he would have lawyered up, and man up.
Out of likes but like

AND you're missing my main point. It's completely unprofessional for a charity to behave this way. You don't see other charities acting this way for a reason.

You’re right I did miss that point ;) but hey, few from Dana down to Dada are typically professional in this sport.

But I will laugh my ass off if Mayweather really does donate 4x Conor’s pledge later today.

Right.

So best case scenario, Conor couldn’t be bothered to follow up on a promise in a timely fashion, and his team was too embarrassed to say so, so they just didn’t reply. But everyone should assume he eventually will - because you think it’s obvious.

Out of likes but like. Dana and Khabib both donated to this charity because they are more stand up guys than Conor and when they pledge something they follow through and get the business done as quickly as they can.

Conor is an egomaniac spotlight soaker and wanted publicity and PR and to look good but, as you point out, couldn't be bothered to actually make his word and handshake mean or amount to anything. Of course we can theorize forever that it would eventually happen, but I suspect, knowing Conor's ego, he'd really just make Dustin jump through endless hoops to satisfy his ego.

Dana and Khabib, both businessmen, got their donations to the charity in less than 2 weeks. Conor has been 3 months and has gone silent.

Never make a deal based on a handshake with a weasel. As @P0rkchop points out, Dustin is new to this charity biz and did this wrong. If you make a deal with Conor you need paperwork and timelines and processes legally hammered out because his word does NOT convey any intention to follow through necessarily.

With Conor it is more about his mood and such. It's not about giving his word and trying to make good on it. Dustin should have signed a contract with this weasel.

You’re right I did miss that point ;) but hey, few from Dana down to Dada are typically professional in this sport.

But I will laugh my ass off if Mayweather really does donate 4x Conor’s pledge later today.
Where is the humor? Do you care about the charity or making Conor look bad?

Out of likes but like. Dana and Khabib both donated to this charity because they are more stand up guys than Conor and when they pledge something they follow through and get the business done as quickly as they can.

Conor is an egomaniac spotlight soaker and wanted publicity and PR and to look good but, as you point out, couldn't be bothered to actually make his word and handshake mean or amount to anything. Of course we can theorize forever that it would eventually happen, but I suspect, knowing Conor's ego, he'd really just make Dustin jump through endless hoops to satisfy his ego.

Dana and Khabib, both businessmen, got their donations to the charity in less than 2 weeks. Conor has been 3 months and has gone silent.

Never make a deal based on a handshake with a weasel. As @P0rkchop points out, Dustin is new to this charity biz and did this wrong. If you make a deal with Conor you need paperwork and timelines and processes legally hammered out because his word does NOT convey any intention to follow through necessarily.

With Conor it is more about his mood and such. It's not about giving his word and trying to make good on it. Dustin should have signed a contract with this weasel.
Sure pal. I guess we'll ignore the millions that Conor HAS already donated to charity. I can find a ton more of examples but here's a couple:

"In April of last year, with Ireland gripped by the COVID-19 pandemic, McGregor opened the eight houses he paid to be built for homeless families in Dublin."

"A month later, he personally delivered some of the Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) his €1.3million (£1.16m) donation had paid for to medics across Irish hospitals."

You guys hate him and have an agenda. Just admit it

Where is the humor? Do you care about the charity or making Conor look bad?
Umm. $2,000,000 > $500,000. Simple arithmetic. That’s why it would (hopefully will) be funny. Ironic.

Maybe we are just on different tracks here. And yours is grumpier than mine. See ya. Happy Tuesday. If you haven’t had coffee yet, you should get some :)

Umm. $2,000,000 > $500,000. Simple arithmetic.

Maybe we are just on different tracks here. See ya.
If Mayweather donates 2 mil, then that is fantastic for the charity. You're deriving humor from the fact that it is a larger donation than Conor made, so Conor looks bad. It's silly and immature especially from someone as old as you.

If Mayweather donates 2 mil, then that is fantastic for the charity. You're deriving humor from the fact that it is a larger donation than Conor made, so Conor looks bad. It's silly and immature especially from someone as old as you.
Never too old to laugh at quality irony.

Lighten up, Francis. Seriously.

PS Your faux moral outrage is not hiding your Conor fanboyism nearly as well as you think it is <Lmaoo>

Last edited:
It's Welshing, motherfuckers, not Welch's grape juice.

English bookies get hit for a big payout, and crossed the border into Wales. So the term "Welshing" on some promise was born.
Im going to go with that. I've only ever heard the term "welching" in regards to a sexual technique, of sorts.
<Fedor23>

Conor is a sociopath lol
His words are empty and are only spoken to get him the response he wants in the moment.

By definition: A pledge results in a donation eventually, just not right away. Not enough time has even passed for it to be considered a ghost especially when you factor in that another fight is scheduled. He's not going anywhere. As well, you are also completely discrediting Conor's response that his team reached out and they didn't get a response.

So conor can ride the pr boost of a pledge, without follow through yet the charity is unprofessional

Back