***Conor Welshed - Donor restricted gifts***

It's Welshing, motherfuckers, not Welch's grape juice.

English bookies get hit for a big payout, and crossed the border into Wales. So the term "Welshing" on some promise was born.

Conor can build a gym in his own name in Dustin's town just to spite him.

I don't think he'll be donating that money.

I was with you for the first part of your post - but I can easily imagine a charity lying about not getting a donation. It's the kind of thing that would generate a lot of good will donations.
Yes, it may generate good will donations for a moment, and then it will destroy their reputation for good

That hairline just reminds me of all the 'bald bitch' and hairline jokes he threw at Alvarez.

Also funny that Jones used to do the same with Cormier and even shaved his head like Cormier's hairline once to make fun of it. Now both are bald bitches. Karma.

Conor should be well acquainted with lawyers since he has had many run ins with legal system. If he actually meant to give the money instead of trying to steal spotlight without fulfilling the deed, he simply could have made a donor restricted gift.

https://www.barneswendling.com/non-profit-donations-managing-donor-restricted-gifts/

1) purpose restrictions

2) time restrictions

3) permanent restrictions

This would have put the onus on Dustin's organization to track and report.

TL/DR: if Conor was serious he would have lawyered up, and man up.

Did mcgregor know about this?

He should have a lot of lawyers on retainers

If he cared to follow through on his pledge, then yes

"Yes" he knew about this? I don't think so. "Yes" he should've known about this? Not really.

People really care far too much about this BS

I have a feeling that this whole situation is BS. I think that Dustin got the donation, but both the fighters wanted to do this because it would get more eyeballs on the trilogy.
Highly doubt Dustin is the type to use his own foundation just to hype up the fight.
There's a whole lotta ways to build up the fight without jeopardizing the very reputation of his beloved charity.

He'll pay it if he beats Dustin, but he won't.

money probably going directly into dustins pocket, charities are usually scams.

I have a feeling that this whole situation is BS. I think that Dustin got the donation, but both the fighters wanted to do this because it would get more eyeballs on the trilogy.
Lol yeah sure, completly ruining the reputation of a fighter to sell a little bit more ppv

Back