Conor to face winner of Khabib/Tony.

Business wise, it makes sense.

That said, I would much rather see Conor fight Mas or Gaethje next.

Surely, unless you are a partner with UFC, nobody gives a shit if the business side makes sense or not.
I can understand Dana thinking if the fight makes sense from the business perspective, but you? us?
In any other aspect, giving Conor a title shot at LW just because he is Conor just doesn't make any sense. He already got that belt, and lost it because he refused to defend it.
Even the fight with Masvidal, what is the logic on that? Masvidal wants the WW belt, the fight with Usman, not a fight with an unranked WW fighter. If the defeats Usman, having the WW belt reinforces Masvidal's position to negotiate a fight with Conor.
I agree with you, I would also rather see Conor face Gaethje. But I don't think it's going to happen.

No it doesn’t make sense business wise. Conor could fight Mas, at 170, win or lose and still fight the winner of Khabib vs Tony. Why would 1 mega fight make more business sense than 2?

I don't understand why people think Masvidal moves the needle.

As in moves it more than McGregor vs anyone else, and clearly moves it less than Khabib, Diaz 3, or say GSP / some bigger name out of the blue.

Why would McGregor do that? And that makes even less sense from a merit standpoint, at least he avenged Diaz at 170 before fighting Alvarez. Coming off a loss hypothetically and fighting for the LW title would be ridiculous (and yes I know guys have fought for titles off losses, like Romero soon to be).

How many PPV buys did McGregor - Cerrone do? Now how many would Masvidal add? I doubt many at all.

No it doesn’t make sense business wise. Conor could fight Mas, at 170, win or lose and still fight the winner of Khabib vs Tony. Why would 1 mega fight make more business sense than 2?
Because there is a real risk that Mas destroys Conor, then the money fight is derailed.

426d786c2786556c1d1e1a6198114b2305abfe01.gifv

Business wise, it makes sense.

That said, I would much rather see Conor fight Mas or Gaethje next.
Most would, but Masvidal fight seems to be off the table for now, he is scheduled to fight Usman it seems, that leave us with Gaethje, which im totally ok with it, or Conor vs whoever gets the LW belt, my guess is that Conor will not fight Gaethje, as he doesnt hold any belt and its not the biggest start either, its Masvidal or LW belt imo, Masvidal for the WW belt, i doubt he still fights him if he loses to Usman.

My point is that Conor will only fight if there is big money or a belt on the line now (he already got a win on 2020), Gaethje is not any of those.

“Probably” As per the Pink Goof. Was expected though. Guess Conor will only fight once in 2020.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...bib-nurmagomedov-vs-tony-ferguson-winner-next

credit- MMAFighting.

Honestly hope he takes the Gaethje Fight in the meantime & those plans get spoiled.
Gaethje gettin fucked the whole time in this one.
I feel for that man. He deserves the winner of Khabib and Tony; Justin already dispatched Cerrone before McGregor. Conor gets 1 win off a loss when Gaethje has 2 wins both having beat Cerrone last lol.

Now Conor comes back and jumps in line which we knew would happen.
But if Conor wants to fight 3 times this year and Khabib wins, Khabib has Ramadan which is what... ninth months?
So Conor sits? So does Gaethje? Plus Khabib is standing with not giving Conor a rematch yet since he doesnt feel 1 win on Cowboy doesnt warrant it. I agree, and I dont really care to see a rematch. Dana gonna strip Khabib then? C'mon lol

Last edited:
Gaethje gettin fucked the whole time.
I feel for that man. He deserves the winner of Khabib and Tony Justin already dispatched Cerrone. Now Conor comes back and jumps in line. Sure we knew that would happen but if Conor wants to fight 3 times this year and Khabib wins, Khabib has Ramadan which is what... ninth months? So Conor sits? So does Gaethje? C'mon

The best win Gaethje has in his entire career is Cowboy, by far. And according to the Conor haters Cowboy is a washed up can. Getting KO'd by Alvarez and Dustin and than beating Cowboy. How does Gaethje deserve a title shot more than Conor?

Doesn't win for years, fights a non-contender at a different weight class, instant title shot.

Sounds about right ...

Gaethje gettin fucked the whole time in this one.
I feel for that man. He deserves the winner of Khabib and Tony; Justin already dispatched Cerrone before McGregor. Conor gets 1 win off a loss when Gaethje has 2 wins both having beat Cerrone last lol.

Now Conor comes back and jumps in line which we knew would happen.
But if Conor wants to fight 3 times this year and Khabib wins, Khabib has Ramadan which is what... ninth months? So Conor sits? So does Gaethje? C'mon

I don't understand why Gaethje deserves a title shot.

He got stopped by Alvarez and Porier back to back, and has beaten James Vick, Barboza, and Cerrone.

McGregor ran through the FW division, beat a top guy (Mendes), beat the GOAT - Aldo, won the LW title off Alvarez, (fought Mayweather in boxing), and lost to Khabib. Then destroyed Cerrone in 40 seconds.

We aren't even factoring in that McGregor will rake in 2 million+ PPV buys as a starting point basically and no casual fans even know who Justin Gaethje is. Life isn't fair, sorry...the money making power + the legit better legacy is going to trump LW wins. Even then McGregor has beat Alvarez, lost to Khabib, and beat Cerrone in his last 3 "LW" fights. It's not too far off, I don't see why 3-2 Gatheje is some victim here.

McGregor vs Gaethje is what's fair. But who knows if that happens.

The best win Gaethje has in his entire career is Cowboy, by far. And according to the Conor haters Cowboy is a washed up can. Getting KO'd by Alvarez and Dustin and than beating Cowboy. How does Gaethje deserve a title shot more than Conor?
Are you serious lol
You are in the minority my friend. I dont think it has anything to do with Conor haters.

Conor has been gone since Khabib twisted his head off. While Justin is active starches both Barboza and Cowboy.

Conor comes back and beats the same guy Justin beat, not even at 155 but at the weight class ABOVE warranting a title shot at the weight class below lol?

Big Baldy needs to book a fight for Conor this Summer.. BTW did Tony get fired from the UFC or something?

That's a shame if Gaethje gets bypassed. Conor should have to beat Gaethje at 155 to earn that title shot.

I'm no Conor fan but Gaethje ducked Oliviera and eyepoked Barboza

If Conor wants to deserve a TS, he should fight Dustin or Justin next, but he probably fears losing to both so he might do Nate trilogy or sit out

Never wouldve guessed they were doing this fight....its not like theres other threads about

Lucky
As I couldve missed this info
Well those were threads speculating it. Dana went on record today and said it.

I don't understand why Gaethje deserves a title shot.

He got stopped by Alvarez and Porier back to back, and has beaten James Vick, Barboza, and Cerrone.

McGregor ran through the FW division, beat a top guy (Mendes), beat the GOAT - Aldo, won the LW title off Alvarez, (fought Mayweather in boxing), and lost to Khabib. Then destroyed Cerrone in 40 seconds.

We aren't even factoring in that McGregor will rake in 2 million+ PPV buys as a starting point basically and no casual fans even know who Justin Gaethje is. Life isn't fair, sorry...the money making power + the legit better legacy is going to trump LW wins. Even then McGregor has beat Alvarez, lost to Khabib, and beat Cerrone in his last 3 "LW" fights. It's not too far off, I don't see why 3-2 Gatheje is some victim here.

McGregor vs Gaethje is what's fair. But who knows if that happens.
I would be down for McGregor vs Gaethje.

2 pages of people talking about Khabib vs Conor two months before Khabib fights Tony and it is virtually a foregone conclusion that Tony loses. Sounds good to me.

Because there is a real risk that Mas destroys Conor, then the money fight is derailed.

I disagree, win or lose Conor is still a marketable commodity. Conor’s UFCs losses have done little to his marketability. I would agree with your statement if we were talking about fighting Justin, or Dustin. A loss to either one of them would take Conor out of a title shot. A lost to Mas wouldn’t.

Back