Conor to face winner of Khabib/Tony.

Conor wants to go in March/April and the UFC have no interest in booking it. Would rather make him sit out until the fall. WTF. All I can think is WME are now making so much in guaranteed revenue from Disney on the PPVs that they don’t feel like paying Conor $15 million dollars minimum. Conor has a lot less leverage than he did 2 years ago. So unless Disney call up WME and can exert real pressure, the UFC are probably happy to keep Conor as ‘a special attraction’ competing just once or twice per annum. Conor fighting costs the UFC a lot. Of course, he makes them a lot as well, but there is no doubt that they haven’t exactly moved mountains to get him back into the cage over the last year or so. Perhaps their finances are now so strong, and so insulated, that they don’t give a shit unless it’s the kind of event that can move at least 1.5 million buys.

I hope Conor was serious about being an active fighter. Because Dana has other plans.

Conor 2.0 vs Khabib Part II is the fight everyone wants to see the most

Khabib (worth 50 million an rising fast) would choke on a thousand khababs before undeservedly letting that snake back in the door. Not that the UFC would ever strip him.

giphy.gif

He has even said he'd retire after the Ferguson fight if need be.

Conor did nothing. Khabib neutered him in there.

images
No way khaleed gets past Tony. He's going to get the humbling he needs.

Its in NY.
Tony will slice and dice Khabibs face up and he wins via NY doctor stoppage
Nice story Bro but 1 of 2 things are going to happen and that isn't one of them. Most likely Tony gets injured before the fight. It is a win -win for Tony and his fans. He can't beat Khabib but he can keep his win streak alive against gatekeepers by side stepping the fight (again) because of injury. He will keep saying that he is the people's champ and champ shit only and his fans can believe that he is the chosen one OR he could show up and get a ass beating of Biblical proportions. Khabib wont hit his prime for another year and Tony is 4 years past his. Tony likes to talk about fighting Khabib just like half of Sherdog but trust me...nobody wants to actually get in the cage with him.

That's a shame if Gaethje gets bypassed. Conor should have to beat Gaethje at 155 to earn that title shot.

We both know it's not about earning anything, it's all about the potential huge PPV and gate.

Nice story Bro but 1 of 2 things are going to happen and that isn't one of them. Most likely Tony gets injured before the fight. It is a win -win for Tony and his fans. He can't beat Khabib but he can keep his win streak alive against gatekeepers by side stepping the fight (again) because of injury. He will keep saying that he is the people's champ and champ shit only and his fans can believe that he is the chosen one OR he could show up and get a ass beating of Biblical proportions. Khabib wont hit his prime for another year and Tony is 4 years past his. Tony likes to talk about fighting Khabib just like half of Sherdog but trust me...nobody wants to actually get in the cage with him.

LMAO...nah.

Tony will be there and will at worst be Khabib's toughest fight. And then you and I will have some very fun chats after. Can't wait!

Conor wants to go in March/April and the UFC have no interest in booking it. Would rather make him sit out until the fall. WTF. All I can think is WME are now making so much in guaranteed revenue from Disney on the PPVs that they don’t feel like paying Conor $15 million dollars minimum. Conor has a lot less leverage than he did 2 years ago. So unless Disney call up WME and can exert real pressure, the UFC are probably happy to keep Conor as ‘a special attraction’ competing just once or twice per annum. Conor fighting costs the UFC a lot. Of course, he makes them a lot as well, but there is no doubt that they haven’t exactly moved mountains to get him back into the cage over the last year or so. Perhaps their finances are now so strong, and so insulated, that they don’t give a shit unless it’s the kind of event that can move at least 1.5 million buys.

Can you expound on this part? It's kind of confusing. Conor is either net profitable for the UFC when he fights, or he isn't.

Is your argument maybe that by limiting how much they schedule him, it makes the times that he does fight bigger events, thus driving up sales of ppv's, etc.? If so, that kinda makes sense and I hadn't though much about it before.

We both know it's not about earning anything, it's all about the potential huge PPV and gate.
Obviously. But it shouldn't just be given to him for the purpose of selling PPVs.

Not sure how calling Khabib the GOAT stops Conor from throwing a bottle of proper twelve at Khabib's dad head or som shit and selling 3 million PPVs

Antics >>>>
That would be assault

LMAO...nah.

Tony will be there and will at worst be Khabib's toughest fight. And then you and I will have some very fun chats after. Can't wait!
I agree with everything you said except toughest fight, Khabib's toughest fight was and will always be Tibau. haha

Last edited:
Gaethje gettin fucked the whole time in this one.
I feel for that man. He deserves the winner of Khabib and Tony; Justin already dispatched Cerrone before McGregor. Conor gets 1 win off a loss when Gaethje has 2 wins both having beat Cerrone last lol.

Now Conor comes back and jumps in line which we knew would happen.
But if Conor wants to fight 3 times this year and Khabib wins, Khabib has Ramadan which is what... ninth months?
So Conor sits? So does Gaethje? Plus Khabib is standing with not giving Conor a rematch yet since he doesnt feel 1 win on Cowboy doesnt warrant it. I agree, and I dont really care to see a rematch. Dana gonna strip Khabib then? C'mon lol
ramadan is 1 month

I agree with everything you said except toughest fight, Khabib's toughest fight was and will always be Tibau. haha

No way. Everyone should forget that snoozer ever happened. People argue who won...reality is that fans lost. You know what Tony did to Tibau not too long after...

Tony is gonna make Khabib work for everything. Won't gas like Dustin. You will see, your eyes will be opened and the light will go on!

No way. Everyone should forget that snoozer ever happened. People argue who won...reality is that fans lost. You know what Tony did to Tibau not too long after...

Tony is gonna make Khabib work for everything. Won't gas like Dustin. You will see, your eyes will be opened and the light will go on!
Tony has only fought 5 rounds twice in his life. Once 10 years ago and another 4 years ago when he was in his prime. The legendary cardio of Tony isn’t based on fact. Khabib does 5 rounds and looks for another fight on the other side of the octagon and then goes after their family (fight team) that is a straight up “G”.

Obviously. But it shouldn't just be given to him for the purpose of selling PPVs.

Well that's whole point. The UFC has the opportunity to rematch those two and put on the biggest PPV of all time, it will sell more than the first fight. They're not concerned with Conor earning a title shot by beating Gaethje. What does Conor beating Gatehje do for the UFC? It knocks of a top contender or it risks them blowing the biggest fight in the promotions history. They always look down the road with title shots and they know they can build Gaethje as a contender and make the right title fight for him. At the same time, not losing the lucrative fight.

They justify him earning the title shot by beating Cowboy. It's the fans and critics that feel Conor needs to beat Gaethje to justify any kind of title shot. The UFC as A OK with him beating Cowboy and earning it that way. There really is no exact course of formula to earn title shots. They can very well justify it with the Cowboy win.

Back