Conor rocked or tired?

Conor and Kavanaugh have continuously stated that fatigue was the determining factor in why Conor lost the fight vs Diaz.

I firmly believe that Conor was rocked and tried the takedown attempt in hopes that he could clear the cobwebs if he took him down.

My question to anyone who has actually been legitimately "rocked", is a stamina dump a symptom of being rocked? Did Conor really lose all his stamina due to getting rocked, or was my first assumption most likely the right one?

You have it right. And everyone knows it... even Conor and Kavanaugh.

He was bored to death
Nate style is terrible after all
You can say this and Nate will still bow...

0324-bieber-diaz-instagram-4.jpg

getting tired would lead to less movement which would lead to getting hit and rocker subsequently which would again diminish cardio
vicious circle really, does not matter which came first

Pretty much - his movement was affected, his mouth was hanging open, absolutely he was tired. Endurance is a massive factor in the fight game, I'd never downplay it (you gas, you lose - Ali and Foreman). I think Conor's new extra weight was factor.

The Diaz Bro.'s are tough as hell and just don't quit - endurance in spades. Conor's camp can talk all day about how he was winded and how they've adjusted. We'll see after 4 rounds of slinging leather w/Nate just how spry McGregor is this time around.

Looking forward to this fight.

People don't remember Ali v Foreman the way it actually went down. All they remember are that Ali was a huge underdog because Foreman had almost killed Frazier in the ring and Frazier had beaten Ali, along with the narrated highlights from "When we Were Kings."

In reality, it was pretty clear from the start of the fight that Foreman didn't have the easy road ahead of him that it looked like on paper. By the end of the second or third round anyone could see that for Foreman to win the fight he was going to need to land a clean shot on Ali's chin, and from there on it started looking progressively less likely that he was ever going to be able to do that.

Unpopular opinion: Ali beat Foreman via "rope-a-dope" because he COULD, not because he had to.

Last edited:
He barely made it 2 rounds against mini Mendes.

Rocked. Definitely rocked. Which laid to him getting beat up which probably got him tired. But he was hurt which led to him getting tired. Not the other way around

Side note. Nate throws the best 1-2 in mma

Conor and Kavanaugh have continuously stated that fatigue was the determining factor in why Conor lost the fight vs Diaz.

I firmly believe that Conor was rocked and tried the takedown attempt in hopes that he could clear the cobwebs if he took him down.

My question to anyone who has actually been legitimately "rocked", is a stamina dump a symptom of being rocked? Did Conor really lose all his stamina due to getting rocked, or was my first assumption most likely the right one?

Not to say Conor "wasn't efficient with his energy" (the second fight will answer that), however both Conor and Kavanaugh both convienently leave at their conversation they had during the break between the rounds. Kavanaugh even confirms here that Conor made a full recovery before starting round 2. Watch the video at 8:50 and the recovery part starts around 9:02.

So that whole fatigue factor is overblown imo.

He was tired, got sloppy, and then got rocked. This isn't difficult. we all know he tried for a takedown because he was rocked. But he got rocked because of how tired he had become.

Last edited:
Not to say Conor "wasn't efficient with his energy" (the second fight will answer that), however both Conor and Kavanaugh both convienently leave at their conversation they had during the break between the rounds. Kavanaugh even confirms here that Conor made a full recovery before starting round 2. Watch the video at 8:50 and the recovery part starts around 9:02.

he doesn't "confirm" he made a full recovery. He's trying to get him to fully recover by breathing properly. The reason being because he could see Conor was knackered. As anyone with eyes can.

So that whole fatigue factor is overblown imo.

Anyone who cannot see how tired Conor is, first at the end of Round 1, and then about 2 minutes into Round 2 is blind. Before Nate hit him with that 1 - 2 Conor was getting so sloppy it was clear he was in trouble then.

Is that why he's throwing combo's, spinning kicks, and knees from the thai clinch all in the last minute before he gets hit with the 1-2? Those aren't generally things that tired fighters do.

And he did all those things in about as sloppy a manner as I've ever seen Conor do anything. Can people really want to believe something this much that they will blind themselves from reality?

He was still throwing before getting clipped. It's possible he had less pop though in the 2nd, which is normal.

No way he was tired,he got rocked bady.
These where just excuses

No way he was tired,he got rocked bady.
These where just excuses

Nobody has said he didn't get rocked. He got tired and then rocked. Why do you think there is a either/or about this?

You can't say that energy was not a factor, when Conor immediately said after the fight ended to Joe Rogan i was inefficient with my energy. It was not an excuse days after the night, it was said straight away.

Back