Conor rocked or tired?

conor wasted too much energy being a rockstar.

and he was rocked.

Trying to figure out why the thread title has to have an "or" in it.

I think he got tired then he got rocked.

Pretty much - his movement was affected, his mouth was hanging open, absolutely he was tired. Endurance is a massive factor in the fight game, I'd never downplay it (you gas, you lose - Ali and Foreman). I think Conor's new extra weight was factor.

The Diaz Bro.'s are tough as hell and just don't quit - endurance in spades. Conor's camp can talk all day about how he was winded and how they've adjusted. We'll see after 4 rounds of slinging leather w/Nate just how spry McGregor is this time around.

Looking forward to this fight.

Pretty much - his movement was affected, his mouth was hanging open, absolutely he was tired. Endurance is a massive factor in the fight game, I'd never downplay it (you gas, you lose - Ali and Foreman). I think Conor's new extra weight was factor.

The Diaz Bro.'s are tough as hell and just don't quit - endurance in spades. Conor's camp can talk all day about how he was winded and how they've adjusted. We'll see after 4 rounds of slinging leather w/Nate just how spry McGregor is this time around.

Looking forward to this fight.
Yep, he was VERY visibly tired. Mouth open, eyes almost closed, staggering on his feet way before he was hit by big punches, letting his arms flail by his sides with the gravity, etc.

It's amazing to me that people are claiming he wasn't showing signs of fatigue, either they're massively biased or have never fought or even sparred in their lives.

The fact that he was tired isn't necessarily a good sign either, in fact it's potentially way worse than "just" getting caught and rocked, so I don't know why the anti-Conor camp is so adamant about it.

Fucked and chucked.

Conor got his chin checked. You don't have a full camp for someone like RDA and suddenly gas in round 2 against someone with a slower pace.

Conor and Kavanaugh have continuously stated that fatigue was the determining factor in why Conor lost the fight vs Diaz.

I firmly believe that Conor was rocked and tried the takedown attempt in hopes that he could clear the cobwebs if he took him down.

My question to anyone who has actually been legitimately "rocked", is a stamina dump a symptom of being rocked? Did Conor really lose all his stamina due to getting rocked, or was my first assumption most likely the right one?
Can't It be both since nate was working the body with knees too?

the fight video is online. A few seconds before Nate landed the game changing 1-2, Conor threw a 5 shot combo, so where was his fatigue then? Seems like a lot of ignorant fans look at the last minute of that fight and think they saw Conor fatigue. The last minute of the fight was the finish. Once Nate landed the 1-2, it was on it's way to being over. Conor fought through it pretty well, but Nate put him against the fence and kneed him in the body (more fatigue) then just started teeing off on him. The finish started at that 1-2 at 2:23, and was complete when Conor went for the TD. Anything after that was a formality.
Maybe he blew his wad throwing that 5 punch combo and then nate took over and swarmed him. I'm not conor so I don't know. Either way he lost.

I think he was more hurt than tired.
I agree with this.

I do believe Conor was beginning to tire a little when Nate cracked him, but the biggest factor was Conor being hit cleanly. He was wading in winging bombs because he thought he had Diaz hurt, and he abandoned his defence. Early in the fight he was showing great head movement which he simply stopped using partway through the second round. The result was that Diaz hit him with that great 1 - 2 and you could instantly see the change in Conor's demeanour. He was hurt and Diaz did a superb job not letting him recover.

What i find kind of weird is that Conor and his camp continue to talk about how the loss was due to stamina. Honestly, I don't see the big deal if Conor just admitted that he got stunned and went for a bad takedown.

That whole fight changed after Diaz cracked him a couple of times.
Because of he admitted that then he would be admitting that nate is the better striker. So it's easier to blame it on cardio than skill. It saves face for conor. Makes it seem like if he didn't tire out he would be able to win. So instead of saying I got rocked he blamed it on cardio.

Lol only an idiot would think Nayt rocked him.

It is clear that Conner was just tired. When he raised his neck for Nayt to get the RNC, he was only stretching his neck getting ready to take a nap.

Conner won both rounds.

He used a lot of energy throwing bombs in the first. People really saying conor looked fresh with his mouth open and his hands in his sides beginning of the second round??? He was flat footed in the second and less head movement. Just before the 1-2 by nate you see him going for that sluggish uppercut. Didn't look fresh to me

Conor's glass jaw couldn't handle the 1-2 then eventually turned into GSP to save his own life.

He was rocked.

Back