Conor rocked or tired?

I've been saying this since the day after the fight, but the moment Conor said " I was inefficient with my energy " the narrative became Conor gassed out , yadda yadda ... what I always found strange was that most of Conor's detractors were parroting this too.

Conor got hurt and could not recover, but that is a truth that hurts a little too much for Conor and his fans. bork1}

The funny thing is that even if that skewed narrative about gassing out were true that's inexcusable. How does a top flight fighter, who didn't have to cut weight, gas out in under 8 minutes in a fight he was winning?

he fell victim to a heavy duty beating that left him both tired and rocked.

This. Anyone who's followed MMA & more specifically, The Diaz Bros', know that they put on these assaults-- unanswered, answered, doesn't matter --that will leave their opponents hurt and with a lot less gas than before they started teeing off with em combos with em Stockton Slaps thrown in for good measure.

Idk if I'd put it as rocked, but I've been stunned atleast once before, and it doesn't necessarily make you tired, but you can start breathing incorrectly if you let your mind race instead of having your head in the game. You almost certainly won't be as sharp as you can be if it's your first time getting rocked unless you naturally have a deadly Zombie mode ala Leben, Hendo, KZ, etc. You'd likely need a bit of time to clear the cobwebs completely and an option that might let you get that time is "panic wrestling."

He moved limply in the second rd specially after the clinch exchange. He was definitely tired

"Limply" as in bouncing around, throwing combos, bobbing and weaving with head movement to get around the jab, and even throwing a knee from the thai clinch? He looked fresh until he got his shit rocked.

I've watched this fight seven times, and can clearly see Conor was suffering from an injury. He was sick the entire night before too and his ailment definitely slowed his performance.

The funny thing is that even if that skewed narrative about gassing out were true that's inexcusable. How does a top flight fighter, who didn't have to cut weight, gas out in under 8 minutes in a fight he was winning?
Exactly , you don`t cut , you feel stronger . You have a lot of energy , you feel strong . He was rocked by Nate . I don`t think he gased ....yes , you see the open mouth , the eyes ...but right before Nate`s combos that rocked him ....he threw 4-5 strikes that I think showd that he isn`t gased out ( just look ) ....Then made the mistake to go to the ground ....and boom . The end ....later edit / Just Remembered Something ......had a few KB matches in a couple of years ago ....I am a LHW , and they needed a HW ....so I ate like a pig ( and I usually eat v. clean ....low carb , sometimes on keto ) .....only to make the weight . Should I say , that I gased after 2 rounds ? My cardio was and still is my best quality . Perhaps this is what happened to Connor ...

Last edited:
"Limply" as in bouncing around, throwing combos, bobbing and weaving with head movement to get around the jab, and even throwing a knee from the thai clinch? He looked fresh until he got his shit rocked.

Except there was no explosive and power behind his strikes, I dont know about you but I saw him flapping around and barely touching diaz.

You could see the power go from Nick's fist to Conor's chin down to his feet. He was rocked.

This is just the last exchange before he gets nailed by the 1-2. Does this look like a guy who's gassed out to you?

Conor looks very flat footed there before the 1-2 to be honest, his footwork is not there, he is tired

Conor looks very flat footed there before the 1-2 to be honest, his footwork is not there, he is tired

Is that why he's throwing combo's, spinning kicks, and knees from the thai clinch all in the last minute before he gets hit with the 1-2? Those aren't generally things that tired fighters do.

Except there was no explosive and power behind his strikes, I dont know about you but I saw him flapping around and barely touching diaz.

Yeah, no power at all. He was just bouncing around and landing Frankie Edgar strikes out there, yeah? Get off it, man. The jig has been up.

he got hurt with those deceptively rocking Diaz punches. them saying it was fatigue is just denial in their attempts to cope with a loss like that.

Conor and Kavanaugh have continuously stated that fatigue was the determining factor in why Conor lost the fight vs Diaz.

I firmly believe that Conor was rocked and tried the takedown attempt in hopes that he could clear the cobwebs if he took him down.

My question to anyone who has actually been legitimately "rocked", is a stamina dump a symptom of being rocked? Did Conor really lose all his stamina due to getting rocked, or was my first assumption most likely the right one?
Losing energy makes you more vulnerable. Getting punched really hard makes you more vulnerable. Conor was tired and got punched really hard. The end.

Yeah, no power at all. He was just bouncing around and landing Frankie Edgar strikes out there, yeah? Get off it, man. The jig has been up.

U just proved my point, compare your gif with the begging of first rd

His explosive diminished greatly and he became slow to react.

I legit think he never been hurt before that exchange In his entire because he went straight Into panic mode. I'm sure he was probably tired/hurt from getting punched prior to that final exchange but he wasn't gassed or anything like that. That's what getting punched does to you sap your strength overtime

This is just the last exchange before he gets nailed by the 1-2. Does this look like a guy who's gassed out to you?

This.

I have no idea how the fanciful narrative that he gassed every got wings. It's ridiculous. He got tagged and Nate didn't ever let him fully recover.

I think absorbing the punches that he did sapped all the energy from McG. If he'd been winning and not eating shots, I dont see how he gets tired that quickly. Not everyone can eat punches and keep coming like a Diaz or a Condit or a Sanchez, most fighters wear down when getting clipped.

Conor and Kavanaugh have continuously stated that fatigue was the determining factor in why Conor lost the fight vs Diaz.

I firmly believe that Conor was rocked and tried the takedown attempt in hopes that he could clear the cobwebs if he took him down.

My question to anyone who has actually been legitimately "rocked", is a stamina dump a symptom of being rocked? Did Conor really lose all his stamina due to getting rocked, or was my first assumption most likely the right one?

I lose a ton of my stamina if I get cracked.
I am a huge Conor fan and want him to win but that takedown was 100% to clear his head and buy him a sec

Back