• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Conor posts statement on social media about pulling out of UFC 303

Still no mention of what the injury was - maybe they don't want people knowing what it is because it'd cast doubt on his viability in future fights and damage his ability to sell tickets
Or his opponent could target that area..

People keep saying partying and shit. As if he wasn't partying his entire UFC career. Anyone remember that picture before the Mendes fight? And what are we to believe? That THIS time he won't party anymore because the fight got cancelled? He knew the fight was happening the first time. Why would rescheduling it make any difference?

I remember when I was a younger man, I use to indulge heavily in booze and some other things. One night I went a little too crazy and was in rough shape. I had work that morning and the intense dread and anxiety of having to go in after going on a bender seemed impossible. So what did I do, I made up an excuse, got out of work, and returned to partying. The intense relief of shafting my responsibilities was blissful and I’m sure that’s what Conor is experiencing X100.
Did you end up fucking Angie Dickinson?

Its gotta be the leg, there’s rumors already

He’s toast

Mikey needs to book a winnable fight ASAP and save his spot imo

Come on Sherbro, we know everyone tuned in for every single one of his fights.
I missed his fights with Dennis Siver, Diego Brandao, Donald Cerrone and Jose Aldo. The Aldo fight was due to work, so I admit it wasn't by choice, but it was obvious the other 3 were favorable match ups against fighters who were no longer at their best, so it was to show he was more of a threat than he actually was. I never thought he was a must watch fighter like GSP, Silva or Cruz.

If you go through the comments on every page that this has been posted. People really don't give a fuck and the vibe seems to be that the Alex vs Jiri fight is much better.

He's lost his aura - most of the guys who I used to know (fans of conor and not really mma) didn't really care about this fight

Kinda like after ronda lost to Holly and disappeared and tried a comeback - the same amount of people did not care.

Fell bad for Chandler - not getting his payday and having to sit on the shelf again.

Or his opponent could target that area..
Could?

Every one of his opponents going forward should specifically target that leg given the chance to land a solid strike. I would, and I am sure every fighter that ends up across from him in the cage would too.

Get him on his back, don't even bother trying to GnP or sub him from the top. Just stand there and keep kicking that shin. Fuck him. Snap his leg again, end his career, and revel in Dana's tears when he loses the only cash cow they have.

That being said... and thankfully for the UFC... Conor has the dumbest fanbase imaginable so they will keep coming back for more and stroking the egos in play.

The UFC removed his free fight videos, canceled the presser, everyone being so tight-lipped... so I think this goes way beyond just a simple injury. This is a colossal clusterfuck, the UFC has handled this like a bunch of amateurs, and this will probably cost them a fortune in the end.

I feel bad for Chandler though, and Alex and Jiri are real fucking bosses for stepping up.

I missed his fights with Dennis Siver, Diego Brandao, Donald Cerrone and Jose Aldo. The Aldo fight was due to work, so I admit it wasn't by choice, but it was obvious the other 3 were favorable match ups against fighters who were no longer at their best, so it was to show he was more of a threat than he actually was. I never thought he was a must watch fighter like GSP, Silva or Cruz.

Got you but with all due respect, Conor's name is in 8 of the top 10 of the biggest selling PPV events in UFC history.. While he maybe wasn't for you and that is totally understandable, he was for the majority.

Back