Conor needs to be stripped of FW belt

Firstly, Aldo lost. Get over it. And he has a 'toy belt' to play with if Conor goes down again.

He is, according to Kavanagh, walking around at the same weight he would cut down from for a fight at 145. He's working with Lockhart now so his nutrition and the cut down won't be as tough as it was before.

Plus, I get the feeling Conor would like to give Aldo another scar on his face and shut him up completely.

Aldo is not responsible for any of this bullshit, yet you somehow manage to hate on him. Fanboys like you are utter garbage.

Aldo is not responsible for any of this bullshit, yet you somehow manage to hate on him. Fanboys like you are utter garbage.

Where have I hated on him? Why would I hate Aldo - he never done anything on me.

Look, we've had discussions about this before. I know you're a big Aldo/Muay Thai fan, so Aldo's style is a favourable one for you to watch.

You can call me names or whatever you want to deflect away from the discussion. But that's my point of view on some of it.

I can't even remember the content of the post I was replying to - but another thing is, Aldo is looking for that $ as well as revenge. He showed his true colours after the fight and even after the Diaz fight, which he had no involvement with.

I think you know as well that Aldo is still a bit mentally fragile from that KO - just from looking at the first couple of rounds against Edgar and the (smart) fight he fought where he didn't take a lot of damage as he used to.

Try not to get too emotionally attached to him, seeing as you always come across as bitter. It's fighting, shit happens.

Where have I hated on him? Why would I hate Aldo - he never done anything on me.

Look, we've had discussions about this before. I know you're a big Aldo/Muay Thai fan, so Aldo's style is a favourable one for you to watch.

You can call me names or whatever you want to deflect away from the discussion. But that's my point of view on some of it.

I can't even remember the content of the post I was replying to - but another thing is, Aldo is looking for that $ as well as revenge. He showed his true colours after the fight and even after the Diaz fight, which he had no involvement with.

I think you know as well that Aldo is still a bit mentally fragile from that KO - just from looking at the first couple of rounds against Edgar and the (smart) fight he fought where he didn't take a lot of damage as he used to.

Try not to get too emotionally attached to him, seeing as you always come across as bitter. It's fighting, shit happens.

I don't remember you, honestly. If this isn't your usual tone then I guess I shouldn't be so harsh on you. But don't pretend like you weren't randomly talking shit about Aldo here. Emotion's got nothing to do with this. Just calling it like I see it.

I don't remember you, honestly. If this isn't your usual tone then I guess I shouldn't be so harsh on you. But don't pretend like you weren't randomly talking shit about Aldo here. Emotion's got nothing to do with this. Just calling it like I see it.

No, we have. You're one of the few who I remember because of your location.

I think it was this thread I said that when Conor won his belt and a little over 3 and a half months later he was set to fight dos Anjos, fans were already talking about him 'holding up the division' and then there was talk of him fighting Lawler at 200 (actually, that might have being a different thread) If all that played out, you can't have someone holding 3 belts.

Anyway, I still don't understand how that came across as being 'hateful' towards Aldo from your perspective. If you remember after the Diaz loss, Aldo Tweeted something out about Conor. And he seemed to be watching the Aldo and Edgar fight closely - I don't think he'll forget what Aldo said and would relish going down, anyway, and fighting him again. That's just my guess on what Conor will be thinking.

I don't understand why Aldo seemingly took this fight so personally. Conor went from being 'the joker' to someone Aldo was going to 'rip their head off' literally over night. My guess is that Aldo thought that Conor was more talk than actual substance. And as that world tour went on, he may have thought differently.

No, I wasn't talking shit about Aldo - like you, I call it as I see it. Same as not harbouring any hate for Aldo, I don't care about belts, they only mean something to the fighters. And while it was cool to see an Irishman win a belt in the UFC, I'm indifferent to it now.

giphy.gif

Because he is still relevant and marketable. Conor wants to hold dual belts (145/155) simultaneously, and the UFC wants to give him the opportunity. The RDA injury took that off tangent, but they are trying to steer it back to that direction.
I get why the UFC pushes him on us, the part I don't get is why grownups who should know better would continue to bite and keep talking about him as if he's anything close to what they hype him as.

Alvarez summed him up best.

Back