Conor needs to be stripped of FW belt

Stripper_bdac54_849609.jpg

I thought I remembered White making it clear McGregor either defends the belt next or gives it up? I could be remembering wrong, but I thought he said something like that.
Dana also said very clearly that Anderson Silva was not fighting on UFC 200 and that the UFC was not for sale. If Dana White were to tell me that the sky is blue, I'd immediately have doubts.

If he doesn't defend it next after 202, and if it's not in 2016, strip him.

Yeah...but we all know that White is fickle with his words and he goes for better business decisions over ranking promises.
I thought I remembered White making it clear McGregor either defends the belt next or gives it up? I could be remembering wrong, but I thought he said something like that.

I don't care Conor beat Aldo, he deserved to win. I do care he won't defend his title.

How do you know he wont?? He said he's focus on Nate and his next bout and hasnt thought past that.

I find it the dumbest thing to ask a fighter about another opponent when hes days away from a fight.

False. Id see a guy who was never the 145 King. You have to defend your title and have a long run to be King of any division.

He wiped out the division. He beat mendes, the #2 ranked guy behind aldo. Then he destroyed aldo. That's pretty much the division right there..

Speaking in a recent conference call Conor stated that he was uncertain if he'd defend the UFC FW belt in his next fight following UFC 202. If the manlet does indeed fight outside 145 in his next fight he needs to be stripped of his belt, it's preposterous for any champion to hold up a division by refusing to defend his strap.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Co...ight-Title-Defense-Will-Follow-UFC-202-109701
Did you not even read the article? He said his focus is on the Diaz fight. You made a clickbait hate thread because you read a mieading headline.

He should have been stripped before 202.
He is not injured, he is just too afraid to put his precious toy on the line and would rather take meaningless fights in other weight classes..

I've already stated my case and explained some of my rational. Besides, why would I bother entering into a serious conversation with a poster who thinks the manlet somehow granted the division the honor of an interim belt? The UFC created an interim belt because the Manlet decided not to defend his belt against legitimate contenders who earned title shots. Laughably, Conor decided not to defend his belt and then got choked out by a fighter nowhere near a title shot. How many other champions are walking around with a belt after they got finished in thier last fight? BJ is the only time I can recall this happening and that was under very different circumsta4nces.
You didn't respond to my question:
He's been busy fighting. Fighting is actually better than not fighting. You're measuring his worth as featherweight champion by fights between title defenses. Instead, you should measure it by time between defenses: It's been 8 months. By the sounds of things, you'd consider him a more worthy champion had he chosen to not fight at all these past 8 months. Don't you think that's stupid?

To answer your question, the reason you'd enter into a conversation with a poster who thinks Conor granted the division an interim belt, is because ad hominem arguments are weak. And anyway, ad hominem arguments can be made against you too, e.g. Why would I bother entering into a serious conversation with a poster who refers to a fighter as "the Manlet", and who refuses to answer questions while simultaneously claiming a fighter is refusing to defend a title?

There's a huge difference between fighters outright refusing to defend their title, and not being able to defend because they have another fight scheduled.

The "champion" is supposed to represent the best fighter. Conor is generally regarded as the best featherweight. It makes no sense to take his title as long as he has the intention of returning to fight at featherweight. The interim title is there as a "just in case he doesn't return" title. Let's say they strip Conor and promote Aldo to undisputed champion. Then let's say Conor returns to the division in early 2017 to fight Aldo or Holloway. It'd be stupid for him to not be considered champion above those fighters, both of whom he's already beaten decisively. He should only be stripped as champion if he doesn't intend to defend the title.

then why the fuck are his last two fights at 170?
Easy answers. First fight, the UFC couldn't negotiate with Nate to get the fight at 155. Second fight is a repeat of the first fight.

then why the fuck are his last two fights at 170?

1. Because Conor shot his mouth off before the first Diaz fight, and "obliged" Nate due to the short notice.
2. Because he lost at 170 lb, so he wants his revenge at 170 lb

***and he can use the "bigger man" excuse if he loses and by his account he is dabbling in a weight division that is outside of his comfort zone.

Back