Conor needs to be stripped of FW belt

Happiness

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Speaking in a recent conference call Conor stated that he was uncertain if he'd defend the UFC FW belt in his next fight following UFC 202. If the manlet does indeed fight outside 145 in his next fight he needs to be stripped of his belt, it's preposterous for any champion to hold up a division by refusing to defend his strap.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Co...ight-Title-Defense-Will-Follow-UFC-202-109701

If he's next fight isn't to defend the title I agree.

Aldo Vs Holloway should be fun tho.

Conor can go play with the 155er if he wish.

Good luck, he's going to need it.

The decision will be made after this fight, it's pretty clear.

Lol

In

gif-3575785

I agree. Strip him. Hes never going back to 145

If he loses to Nate he might consider becoming Zombie McGregor one last time, but if he beats Nate he'll be fighting Alvarez next

Stripping should be quicker, I think. Barao had to hold an interim belt for ages while Cruz kept getting injured. It's one thing for Anderson to fight LHWs every once in a while in the middle of a glorious title run, this is just ridiculous.

I thought I remembered White making it clear McGregor either defends the belt next or gives it up? I could be remembering wrong, but I thought he said something like that.

Even if you take the belt, it won't erase the humiliation he put on Aldo, and people would still see him as the king of 145 until one of those guys can beat him, so it would really only be like a moral victory for Conor's ardent haters.

Firstly, Aldo lost. Get over it. And he has a 'toy belt' to play with if Conor goes down again.

He is, according to Kavanagh, walking around at the same weight he would cut down from for a fight at 145. He's working with Lockhart now so his nutrition and the cut down won't be as tough as it was before.

Plus, I get the feeling Conor would like to give Aldo another scar on his face and shut him up completely.

Even if you take the belt, it won't erase the humiliation he put on Aldo, and people would still see him as the king of 145 until one of those guys can beat him, so it would really only be like a moral victory for Conor's ardent haters.

False. Id see a guy who was never the 145 King. You have to defend your title and have a long run to be King of any division.

Firstly, Aldo lost. Get over it. And he has a 'toy belt' to play with if Conor goes down again.

He is, according to Kavanagh, walking around at the same weight he would cut down from for a fight at 145. He's working with Lockhart now so his nutrition and the cut down won't be as tough as it was before.

Plus, I get the feeling Conor would like to give Aldo another scar on his face and shut him up completely.

This has nothing to do with Aldo. Any champion who fights 3 times in a row outside thier division, holding up other fighters who have worked for a shot at the belt should be stripped.

lol at this fascination with shiny oversized tack and meaningless made up rankings based on the whims of those who try to make as much money as possible. smoke and mirrors for the sheep.

Let's face it, the odds of Connie fighting at FW again is pretty much just as good as Jones coming in clean @ 2017....

This has nothing to do with Aldo. Any champion who fights 3 times in a row outside thier division, holding up other fighters who have worked for a shot at the belt should be stripped.

Yeah, but people are speculating that he won't go down - considering Aldo is the interim Champion and the way the first fight played out, I think that gives Conor motivation to fight him. After that, I'm not so sure if he'll stay at 145 - but my guess is as good as anyone elses.

I see your point about being a Champion and not defending the belt - what's the point of being a Champion if you don't defend it. But you know how things played out and why he hasn't defended the belt yet.

As for him saying he was 'uncertain' about going down to 145, I do remember him being asked that question and saying his focus was on Diaz.

Back