• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Conor McGregor - "Welterweight. Three weight world champion. That’s next."

I kinda interpreted what he said about 170 differently than the cliffs.

he said something like he feels great at 170 when he has proper camp, and Diaz 2 and Cowboy were examples of how good he can be at that weight with a proper camp. swear it sounded like he called the two flawless performances.

but to your point, either way, it's a bit delusional lol
We really didn't see much of how he looked at 170 for the Cowboy fight since it was so quick.
Cowboy was and always has been a perfect stylistic matchup for Conor.

What was worse is that Cowboy was out of his prime and coming off two recent TKO losses(Justin and Tony). Cowboy was in a 155 frame for that fight since he recently fought there, while Conor was bulking up for 170 for months.

For the Diaz fights Conor looked alright, but the reality is most welterweights would've taken his head off back then too.
Fighters that were at the top back then were guys like Lawler, Woodley, Rory, Thompson, and Condit. All killers that would've beat that version of Conor soundly IMO.

Yeah okay

like this cornball was gonna do something to Tyron but wouldnt..... Conor will keep dragging fat LWs up to 170 and maybe even 185 for the rest of his career

Good to hear Conor sober and clear headed, he abstained from drinking during the interview because he has a later session of his two a days. Maybe he’s actually taking his training seriously this time around, hopefully he’s not too late to get his prime form back. It’s an unpopular opinion because he’s so unlikable, I actually don’t like the prick, but a successful Conor is not only good for the UFC, but for MMA as a whole.

Please book Khamzat or Rhakmanov or Colby or Usman vs Conor. That will be super competitive.

Would love to see it even though I know he'd get an immediate title shot. Probably fight either Nate/Wonderboy/Jorge first for a warmup.

That is just silly at this point in his career but he just wants to maintain the buys for his fights. Make as much as you can before you get out.

Leprechaun can’t make up his mind ever. Weren’t you just calling for LW title shot?

We really didn't see much of how he looked at 170 for the Cowboy fight since it was so quick.
Cowboy was and always has been a perfect stylistic matchup for Conor.

What was worse is that Cowboy was out of his prime and coming off two recent TKO losses(Justin and Tony). Cowboy was in a 155 frame for that fight since he recently fought there, while Conor was bulking up for 170 for months.

For the Diaz fights Conor looked alright, but the reality is most welterweights would've taken his head off back then too.
Fighters that were at the top back then were guys like Lawler, Woodley, Rory, Thompson, and Condit. All killers that would've beat that version of Conor soundly IMO.

agreed...

I mean I guess I could see where he thinks Cowboy was a flawless performance, it was pretty damn dominant. But considering Cowboy's level at the time, to use that as evidence he's title fight ready against the top of the division is just bonkers.

Not even gonna hate, that’s a brave move from Conor and the legacy from capturing 3 belts would be astronomical.

he won’t mind, but it’s the thought that counts

Awkward time to throw his hat into the WW ring when Dana just announced Leon vs Usman.
connor will be pacing back and forth in front of the tv pretending he has something for either of them...

Is he actually interested in lightweight at all? I feel like maybe he'd make the cut if he got a bullshit title shot, but otherwise, is he just done there?

At least until he gets bullied by a welterweight and has nowhere to go but back down?

Back