Conor McGregor sparring at The Ultimate Fighter gym in Las Vegas #TheMacLife

man if I was nate seeing that footage would make me shit my pants. just sayin`

I wonder what "holds his own" really means in this case. The reason I say this is it makes me wonder why he's not a boxer then? Waaaaaaayyyyy more money. More fame. All that shit. If he's so good why didn't he transition to the other sport?
I am not suggesting Nate could beat Andrea in an actual boxing match, however Nate has helped ward prepare for fights and he speaks highly of both brothers.

Also, Nick was talking about transitioning to pro boxing a few years ago.

If you truly believe Nate Diaz "holds his own" boxing with Andre Ward, then you're an idiot.

If you don't think Diazs volume punching, distance and use of angels are enough too hang with ward in sparring youre fuckin clueless.

Sparring isn't a boxing match, full protective gear would allow Nate to eat a lot more shots than in a real fight and allow him to be a lot more agressive,

The fact you need this explained to you is unbelievable, have you even been inside a boxing gym?

I like that he wears head gear in his sparring videos.

Many fighters aren't sensible enough to spar with head gear it's dumb as fuck.

Olympic boxers are still amateurs, McGregors throwing kicks and wrestling them, wonder how he does when straight boxing them.

Nate spars with guys like Andre Ward, and holds his own, these guys couldn't even hold his towel.

Technically, yes, but many Olympic/Amateur boxes accumulate more boxing matches than professional MMA veterans do MMA matches.

Those roundhouse kicks are not the type he should be working on, those look good on Van Damme´s films and on games, but he should be training that front leg chopping kick if he is looking to hurt Nate.View attachment 124483
Well,tbh Connor should have started with those kicks even before the first fight, when he knew Nate was his opponent.. Really hard to reach RDA's level of leg kicks in a couple of months

Those roundhouse kicks are not the type he should be working on, those look good on Van Damme´s films and on games, but he should be training that front leg chopping kick if he is looking to hurt Nate.View attachment 124483
Roundhouses aren't spinning kicks. Roundhouses are just normal shin kicks like the leg kicks you're talking about

Conor's disdain for traditional Muay Thai and Kickboxing is exactly what will keep him getting his ass whooped once he eventually goes up to 155 permanently. He simply doesn't have the style to present the Top 5 a single problem other than a straight left. Most of the bottom half of the Top 10 beats him on any given day as well. Time is gonna prove this. By this time next year he most likely won't be a Featherweight anymore. He can't keep killing himself to make 145, especially after bulking up for these two Diaz fights and no longer dieting and bodily used to cutting weight anymore. Once he goes to 155 he will be lucky to be a gatekeeper.
Very well said.

Still missing that uppercut his coaches where telling him to land on Nait I see.

Technically, yes, but many Olympic/Amateur boxes accumulate more boxing matches than professional MMA veterans do MMA matches.

Did you even read my post or were you just so desperate to get that irrelevant fact out that you ignored the whole
"Conors not even boxing these guys, they are throwing kicks, wrestling and look horrible"
and
"nate spars with champion boxers"

Did you even read my post or were you just so desperate to get that irrelevant fact out that you ignored the whole
"Conors not even boxing these guys, they are throwing kicks, wrestling and look horrible"
and
"nate spars with champion boxers"

This is Sherdog bro, do you think people actually read your posts? Of course we don't.. We only care about what we got to say. Good points though.

Thanks for the video. Always cool to see sparring

Those people has nothing to do with Nate Diaz fighting style and his toughness.
Nothing new in here: amazing counter ability and good spinning kicks by McG... last time he gassed doing that. Let's on UFC202

Back