Conor McGregor sparring at The Ultimate Fighter gym in Las Vegas #TheMacLife

Conor's main weakness is cardio. His style relies on speed, relexes, and timing. The problem is that he doesn't have the cardio to maintain the level of speed/reflexes/timing needed to excel later into a fight. He's very dangerous early in the fight. If it's a high paced back and forth fight he will start to slow down his offense and lose his defensive reflexes.

Right but I would add his inability to move and counter lateral. That was his main problem against someone like Nate with a bigger reach and volume punching. You can easily outmove them if you have the lateral movement ( I know easier said than done you really need to invest timo into that skill). Interesting thing is that Conor at the begining of his career imo had better footwork.

He often backed away from Nate in straight lines and opened himself up for the next jab. Much like JDS who also only goes back in straight lines and because of that has a shitty defense. If Conor did not work on his movement (I`d say a high quality boxing trainer would be best for this) I see no chance for him to win.

With McGregor I think its not about developing a dangerous ground game. He is way more suited for a Crocop like tdd based ground training und wrecking the opponents with his punches. For this style he needs one or two more ko weapons in his arsenal. Maybe a straight right and right hook or whatever works for him. The left is just not enough and too predictable against someone like Nate.

I am not suggesting Nate could beat Andrea in an actual boxing match, however Nate has helped ward prepare for fights and he speaks highly of both brothers.

Also, Nick was talking about transitioning to pro boxing a few years ago.

If you don't think Diazs volume punching, distance and use of angels are enough too hang with ward in sparring youre fuckin clueless.

Sparring isn't a boxing match, full protective gear would allow Nate to eat a lot more shots than in a real fight and allow him to be a lot more agressive,

The fact you need this explained to you is unbelievable, have you even been inside a boxing gym?

Nick always talked about going to pro boxing. There is a reason why he hasnt done it. His footwork is abysmal for a boxer like his handspeed and he would be a slowly forward plodding easy target practice for most pro boxers. His style would not work at all in pure boxing as his opponents would run circles around him while punishing him with counters.

One thing is sure. He would complain the whole time while getting crushed because the opponent does not hold still to get punched. Footwork is a bannable offense against Nick.

I just picture someone like prime Calzaghe against a Diaz. He would drink a cappucino while boxing him up. :D

Reality is that a Diaz could compete on a regional level but thats all and even that is not as easy as it sounds. And yes he can hold his own against Ward in sparring as Wards punching bag.

I like your AV and signature. Looking forward to seeing your next signature.

By the way, you're welcome. I'm glad we could save your co--well, the world.

flag-eagle-decal.jpg
MAGA

He looks like a guy whose going to get beat again decisively. A guy who hasn't learned anything from getting embarassed by a lw a is good but never has been unbeatable on 10 days notice. He didn't just get fluke hit or dislocate a shoulder and lose tko; no he got slapped, punched, bloodied, and then dominantly submitted after being softened with a barrage of ground strikes. He tapped as soon as he could. It was downright embarassing I don't care who you're a fan of. I don't really care who wins most fights I just like the sport. I mean why can't people be honest with themselves though this guy showed and is showing nothing to tell us he can escape a repeat of the first fight or worse with Diaz not on short notice.

Mcgregor has always had the most amazing training regiment whatever do people mean. Lmao
3EAKx8vv6Gqke8ydJS.gif

I like that he wears head gear in his sparring videos.

Many fighters aren't sensible enough to spar with head gear it's dumb as fuck.

Head gear isn't that effective at protecting you and because it makes your head heavier and a bigger target, some people say that being hit with head gear could potentially cause more concussions than being hit without head gear.

I love how all the McNuggets are on double yellows

Did you guys decide to sync your e-suicide when McTapper taps again?
Thats cute
It's because posters like you get upset and mash the report button every time we post a thread. Not to mention the sooking. You won't see us doing shit like that.

His spinning shit looks faster and refined.. if it's not slightly sped up, that is.

If you don't think Diazs volume punching, distance and use of angels are enough too hang with ward in sparring youre fuckin clueless.

Sparring isn't a boxing match, full protective gear would allow Nate to eat a lot more shots than in a real fight and allow him to be a lot more agressive,

The fact you need this explained to you is unbelievable, have you even been inside a boxing gym?

I spent 3 years training boxing under Alex Stewart who was trained by Floyd Patterson. My assertion remains. You're as stupid as the idiot who once said on here that Nick Diaz would give Canelo Alvarez a run for his money in boxing.

You really don't comprehend the extreme depth there is in boxing, and the skill level that it takes to be a divisional top 10 in boxing far exceeds the boxing skill of ANYONE in MMA, and to be one of the top P4P in boxing as Ward is, the distance is measured in light years.

Conor's disdain for traditional Muay Thai and Kickboxing is exactly what will keep him getting his ass whooped once he eventually goes up to 155 permanently. He simply doesn't have the style to present the Top 5 a single problem other than a straight left. Most of the bottom half of the Top 10 beats him on any given day as well. Time is gonna prove this. By this time next year he most likely won't be a Featherweight anymore. He can't keep killing himself to make 145, especially after bulking up for these two Diaz fights and no longer dieting and bodily used to cutting weight anymore. Once he goes to 155 he will be lucky to be a gatekeeper.

AGREED!

How is it different than any other gym? There's mats, bags and a cage?

Because you need more than equipment.

It has the soul of McDonalds, and people treat it accordingly.

We have Couture's, Wanderlei's, Drysdale's, One Kick Nick's, Fight Capital, Gracie-Barra, Evan Dunham's, Tocco's, I mean we have all kinds of legit places in Vegas. The UFC gyms are not considered one of them.

That could change over time, but at this moment, it's a place for people that want to "train UFC". Lol.

"The Mac Life", I can't believe so many people are into this douchey shit.

Conor is going to win by leg kicking and wrestling.

Back