• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Conor McGregor says he signed contract to fight Gaethje

You can’t seriously think that’s a good idea. There aren’t any specifics in that exchange so even if a court somehow ruled that their back and forth constituted a binding contract, there isn’t any mention of what it’s for, what will be given or the time frame in which it is to be executed.

On top of that fighters don’t actually contract with one another, they contract with the organization so Justin suing Conor still wouldn’t make any sense.

There are just so many reasons this wouldn’t hold up it’s hard to pick just one.

Well let me ask you this, if I go on twitter, and said, I'll offer to fight XXX as long as I'm paid something. XXX goes on twitter and says I accept, I'll pay you something.

We have a contract do we not?
Even if it happened over the phone, and we orally said that, we still have a contract no?

Even if fighters don't generally contract with each other, technically they can. They can contract with each other, and if UFC has a contract that's exclusive, they would just be breaching UFC's contract rather than not forming contracts with each other.

You misunderstood DC, he was talking to Olivera and Olivera said Gaethje hits harder than Poirer.
Justin folds like a broken tent in a storm in big fights. Both chsmp fights were examples among tons. I want him to break through. He thinks Olivera was his hardest punch which is a bad idea to fight mcgregor.
Did you go back and rewatch it? DC said Charles told him that Justin was the hardest hitter he’s ever fought and although Dustin was more technical every single shot from Gaethje stunned him. I think that’s why Charles got by Dustin, Justin and Chandler because they tried to finish him with strikes where Islam went for a sub on the ground. Seems like when Charles gets rocked he wakes up, would Justin beat him in a rematch? Maybe but I’d still favor Charles. Now I think Gaethje smokes Islam because of his defensive wrestling and leg kicks. Islam is great but he’s not Khabib and Khabib was about to fold from the leg kicks of Justin. Islam’s wrestling isn’t on par with Khabibs

Well let me ask you this, if I go on twitter, and said, I'll offer to fight XXX as long as I'm paid something. XXX goes on twitter and says I accept, I'll pay you something.

Even if it happened over the phone, and we orally said that, we still have a contract no?

Even if fighters don't generally contract with each other, technically they can. They can contract with each other, and if UFC has a contract that's exclusive, they would just be breaching UFC's contract rather than not forming contracts with each other.
Now you’re talking about things that didn’t happen. No one said “I’ll pay you X”, no one said anything about a timeframe, location, nothing.

There’s nothing to breach because there are no specifics given or even mentioned.

And honestly I don’t know that they can contract with each other for fights even technically. You need a variety of licenses neither of them have in order to put on a prize fight of any kind, and if you’re suggesting they just straight up contracted to fight period then without it being sanctioned then you’re just talking about a crime lol.

This whole line of reasoning is so utterly ridiculous that I now feel ridiculous because the more you think about it the more ridiculous it gets.

Justin is tailor made to make prime Conor look good, but today's Conor blows his load in the opening minutes and gets wrecked.

Conor is going down bad. I have an eerie feeling that this guy would cause harm to himself and his family in future. I hope I am wrong.

Conor is going down bad. I have an eerie feeling that this guy would cause harm to himself and his family in future. I hope I am wrong.

A few hundred million is enough to keep anybody from going down bad. Now... if went financially broke, yeah, he'd go down bad.

Not surprising a joke of a poster can't see the obvious joke.

Special123 thinks McRunner signed a contract today without even being in USADA for a fight over six months away.

<36>

You're so stupid it's unbelievable.

Based on your track record expect the fight to be confirmed soon. You better start thinking of an excuse

I swear if they both got in the cage and lock the door, Gaethje would start throwing kicks at his ankles and break him. I find it hard to believe Conor wants to fight a guy known for brutal leg kicks. Methinks Conor is blowing smoke up out asses here just to keep his name in our mouths.

Verbal agreements are different state to state

Anytime, any place, anywhere, we will sign contracts!

Based on your track record expect the fight to be confirmed soon. You better start thinking of an excuse

Track record? Lol at Special123's hilarious attempts to not be a can.

"Kevin Holland will be WW champ by 2021"
"Kevin Holland will beat Wonderboy"
"Women will be out of the UFC by 2020"

and so on. I won't even bother to post the rest. Just stick to eating and raging about women on a karate forum.

guy-gets-addicted-to-computer-close-up-side-view-photo-guy-gets-addicted-to-computer-close-up-side-view-photo-mad-man-going-to-194453431.jpg

Leave the thinking to adults.

Oh and lol:

@Sweater of AV - I’d love to just leave our interactions here.

Nice to see you get your courage back. I'm sure you'll be back to following me around and crying in no time.

<36>

the fight makes sense for conor.
- he's already lost the trilogy to dustin
- oliveira is a nightmare matchup and doesn't speak english to sell press conferences.
- beating chandler won't get him a title shot

the third fight with Dustin was injury TKO
Jose Aldo fight seemed to sell pretty well, another bad take
Connor beating anybody gets him a title shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back