• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Conor McGregor ; New Version Compared To Old Version

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
You know someones soul was stolen when people claim there are different versions of them walking around.

Conor doeen't have fire in him for the last year.

Weak excuses

Against Aldo he was moving in and out, forward and back

Conor's lateral movement is terrible and Khabib exploited it 15 seconds into the fight and took him into cardio hell

via GIPHY
See more GIFs

For a split second I thought Conor slept him with a flying knee watching this live. Then it just felt inevitable. Hats off to Conor for making it competitive for a while. It's become quite fashionable on here to shit on Conor for easy likes. Ill never understand that. I mean I get it, he didn't give people rematches and what not, but for the entertainment he has brought us these last 5 years, he deserves a bit more respect from the fanbase. I understand his peers feeling resentful towards him but as fans, we shouldn't really care about the politics and the backroom shit that is decided by the big wigs anyway. The biggest trilogy in the history of the sport has its 1st chapter.

100000000% agree.

The reality is, he is older, had 2 kids (one legitimate) - so his testosterone plummeted and his estrogen is going up, he lost the hunger as he accomplished all his dreams, he took a ton of time off, he boozed like crazy and did drugs, he partied 1.5 years away of his prime athletic life, and then he spent the other time preparing to box Floyd, not wrestling, not doing BJJ and that is what happens when you fight Khabib. Meanwhile, Khabib has two kids but his wife and the fam take care of them in their bee keeper suits while Khabib trains with other like minded sober people.

If Khabib made 100 million, spent two years boxing, drugging, boozing, whoring around, chances are 100% that he too (and anyone) would be off. Conor is only human and the writing was on the all, and it was code red when he was missing bits and fucking head kicked Roddy doing pad work.
And this is one of the reasons why GOAT status is reserved for fighters who can win the belt and actually keep it together for multiple title defenses against all challengers. Conor was not able to do that. His time is over. The hype train has derailed.

Been out of the cage for a while, knew he had a tough matchup, been partying hard and has been coked out in every interview leading upto the fight.

Lotta wars lotta parties, at 30 he's no spring chicken living that lifestyle and trying to compete at the highest level.

Too many drugs, he’s mentally not the same anymore and that was his greatest attribute next to his striking.

100000000% agree.

The reality is, he is older, had 2 kids (one legitimate) - so his testosterone plummeted and his estrogen is going up, he lost the hunger as he accomplished all his dreams, he took a ton of time off, he boozed like crazy and did drugs, he partied 1.5 years away of his prime athletic life, and then he spent the other time preparing to box Floyd, not wrestling, not doing BJJ and that is what happens when you fight Khabib. Meanwhile, Khabib has two kids but his wife and the fam take care of them in their bee keeper suits while Khabib trains with other like minded sober people.

If Khabib made 100 million, spent two years boxing, drugging, boozing, whoring around, chances are 100% that he too (and anyone) would be off. Conor is only human and the writing was on the all, and it was code red when he was missing bits and fucking head kicked Roddy doing pad work.

Not rocket science: when you have a newborn and are around it, your estrogen levels jack and your t falls. When you don't do MMA for 1.75 years, your tools dull down. When you drink your ass off and take drugs, party with hookers, it takes years off your life. When you turn 30, you don't feel as good as you did at 25.

I don't say he was off from the fight, but rather the whole build up and especially the pad work. Everyone, except nut huggers, were saying he looked like garbage - even kicked Roddy in the head. Getting old, drinking, drugging, partying takes years off anyone, I don't care who you are.

Look like a guy who been drinking and doing cocain the last 2 years. Even if he didn’t khabib smashes him

Cocaine is helluva drug

Too much drugs ... thank god Khabib beat it out of him

Too much drugs ... thank god Khabib beat it out of him

The reality is, he will probably start drinking even more after such a hellacious beating and humbling. When catastrophe strikes an addict, they don't get clean. Even after right after the fight, he was drinking immediately.

There was definitely something much different in McGregors focus for this fight and it showed

I don't think he could find his own pace. Thoughts?

As far as I can tell...

zgr3fa.jpg

This is going to be a long post but this is for the people who want to consider a more intellectual, nuanced position on Conor McGregor's belief in himself and the fact that he didn't look his best against Khabib.

--------

Conor looked different because he has lost his supernatural belief in himself and in visualization.

A few years ago you used to hear him talk about visualization, how "if you see it, have courage to speak it, you are creating that law of attraction and it will happen". His confidence was based on a belief that he simply couldn't be beaten due to a supernatural quality of "manifestation" that exists in the universe. This carried him all the way to the Aldo victory. Look at how he is in the cage for the Aldo fight, zero nerves, calm, visibly relaxed.

However since the Diaz loss and the Mayweather loss, he knew that he could lose, that his visualizations could be wrong. People say that he didn't really think he could beat Mayweather, that it was all for money, but that's not true. He really did believe he would win. He visualized it, yet he was wrong.

Now he knows deep in his heart that he can be wrong, that he can lose. His belief has gone from "This is pre-ordained, I am a supernatural manifester using the law of attraction" to "I have a great left hand and a great fighter, if I hit them I will win, let's have a knock".

His self belief is now based in the mundane physical reality. That's why he looked off. He no longer thinks a higher power is at work- He knows that he is alone, that he alone must do the work, that he alone has to fight through the pain. There is no God-mind manifesting his visualizations into reality, there's just space and time and the movements he chooses to make within it.

He was nervous before the Khabib fight because in his soul, he knew that Khabib was a legitimate threat. And his physiology reflected that. When Eddie fought Conor, it was obvious that Eddie was not THERE fully, he had a gameplan yet he simply couldn't adhere to it because he was stunned by the reality of it, by the reality of having McGregor in front of him throwing hands. The scene became hyper-real, and Eddie froze. He fought at a fraction of his capacity because his mind just wasn't prepared for the reality of Conor landing that left hand, and once Conor cracked him, Eddie realized "it's real, the left hand is real, what they say about this guy is true".

I believe the same happened to Conor. I believe that when he felt Khabib he realized "what they all said about his pressure, his ability, it is all true, the hype is true". After the first round, he is extremely afraid of being taken down, because he now knows experientially that Khabib's grappling ability is for real, and that's how Khabib had the opening for the right hand that dropped him.

Conor looked off because he wasn't in a flow state, due to SHOCK at the reality of the situation, of having Khabib actually in front of him and taking him down. Normally Conor is in a flow state, that's how he slips his shots in so quickly, how he knocked out Aldo. He's fully aware and in the moment. But the reality of the Khabib situation took him out of that flow state, and he went into his conscious thoughts.

There are many factors that could have led to this; feeling Khabib's grappling, basic nerves, a loss of self belief due to the Diaz and Mayweather loss, but also, we have to consider that Conor is now operating in an entirely different context than his previous fights.

In his previous fights he was "yet to be proven", the McGregor hype train and his infamy developed over time due to the fact that he kept delivering on his promises, but after each fight lay ahead a much harder challenge. People would dismiss his chances, and when he delivered again, his stock would rise. Over his FW run, this process of steadily beating better and better opponents, combined with his predictions, made him famous, culminating in his finest moment with the Aldo knockout.

In that context, he was on a mission to prove himself to the world.

Then he used his fame from the FW run, Diaz rivalry and Alvarez knockout to establish himself as a pop-culture figure, fully crossing over into the mainstream culture with the Mayweather fight. So the context he fought Khabib in is one of not being the young kid on the up and up, but being an established pop-culture figure.

He is in a defensive position, trying to defend his position as a pop-culture icon, whereas before it was him against the world. His mentality before was "I'll show them, I'll rise to the top", now it is "I'm a the top, better not slip". Before he was the cocky Irish kid eager to prove himself and prove the haters wrong. Now he's walking into the arena with fucking Drake.

These subtle changes in context and situational awareness resulted in Conor not being in a flow state for the Khabib fight, and fighting to only 30% of his ability.

IMO, the Conor that fought Alvarez still loses to Khabib but he at least lands some better shots, flush lefts, etc, before finally being submitted.

This is going to be a long post but this is for the people who want to consider a more intellectual, nuanced position on Conor McGregor's belief in himself and the fact that he didn't look his best against Khabib.

--------

Conor looked different because he has lost his supernatural belief in himself and in visualization.

A few years ago you used to hear him talk about visualization, how "if you see it, have courage to speak it, you are creating that law of attraction and it will happen". His confidence was based on a belief that he simply couldn't be beaten due to a supernatural quality of "manifestation" that exists in the universe. This carried him all the way to the Aldo victory. Look at how he is in the cage for the Aldo fight, zero nerves, calm, visibly relaxed.

However since the Diaz loss and the Mayweather loss, he knew that he could lose, that his visualizations could be wrong. People say that he didn't really think he could beat Mayweather, that it was all for money, but that's not true. He really did believe he would win. He visualized it, yet he was wrong.

Now he knows deep in his heart that he can be wrong, that he can lose. His belief has gone from "This is pre-ordained, I am a supernatural manifester using the law of attraction" to "I have a great left hand and a great fighter, if I hit them I will win, let's have a knock".

His self belief is now based in the mundane physical reality. That's why he looked off. He no longer thinks a higher power is at work- He knows that he is alone, that he alone must do the work, that he alone has to fight through the pain. There is no God-mind manifesting his visualizations into reality, there's just space and time and the movements he chooses to make within it.

He was nervous before the Khabib fight because in his soul, he knew that Khabib was a legitimate threat. And his physiology reflected that. When Eddie fought Conor, it was obvious that Eddie was not THERE fully, he had a gameplan yet he simply couldn't adhere to it because he was stunned by the reality of it, by the reality of having McGregor in front of him throwing hands. The scene became hyper-real, and Eddie froze. He fought at a fraction of his capacity because his mind just wasn't prepared for the reality of Conor landing that left hand, and once Conor cracked him, Eddie realized "it's real, the left hand is real, what they say about this guy is true".

I believe the same happened to Conor. I believe that when he felt Khabib he realized "what they all said about his pressure, his ability, it is all true, the hype is true". After the first round, he is extremely afraid of being taken down, because he now knows experientially that Khabib's grappling ability is for real, and that's how Khabib had the opening for the right hand that dropped him.

Conor looked off because he wasn't in a flow state, due to SHOCK at the reality of the situation, of having Khabib actually in front of him and taking him down. Normally Conor is in a flow state, that's how he slips his shots in so quickly, how he knocked out Aldo. He's fully aware and in the moment. But the reality of the Khabib situation took him out of that flow state, and he went into his conscious thoughts.

There are many factors that could have led to this; feeling Khabib's grappling, basic nerves, a loss of self belief due to the Diaz and Mayweather loss, but also, we have to consider that Conor is now operating in an entirely different context than his previous fights.

In his previous fights he was "yet to be proven", the McGregor hype train and his infamy developed over time due to the fact that he kept delivering on his promises, but after each fight lay ahead a much harder challenge. People would dismiss his chances, and when he delivered again, his stock would rise. Over his FW run, this process of steadily beating better and better opponents, combined with his predictions, made him famous, culminating in his finest moment with the Aldo knockout.

In that context, he was on a mission to prove himself to the world.

Then he used his fame from the FW run, Diaz rivalry and Alvarez knockout to establish himself as a pop-culture figure, fully crossing over into the mainstream culture with the Mayweather fight. So the context he fought Khabib in is one of not being the young kid on the up and up, but being an established pop-culture figure.

He is in a defensive position, trying to defend his position as a pop-culture icon, whereas before it was him against the world. His mentality before was "I'll show them, I'll rise to the top", now it is "I'm a the top, better not slip". Before he was the cocky Irish kid eager to prove himself and prove the haters wrong. Now he's walking into the arena with fucking Drake.

These subtle changes in context and situational awareness resulted in Conor not being in a flow state for the Khabib fight, and fighting to only 30% of his ability.

IMO, the Conor that fought Alvarez still loses to Khabib but he at least lands some better shots, flush lefts, etc, before finally being submitted.
good post

Khabib was pressing Conor with a take down for almost the entire first round. His cardio was sapped immediately.
Conor had 1 round to win that fight and Khabib went in with a game plan that made it impossible for him to lose in that round.

Eddie beats Khabib. Idk why this is not realized on this forum. Its not an outlandish statment at all but every time I've posted it, its gotten deleted as if Im trolling

Lol no.

What does Eddie do better than Khabib? He probably has better boxibng, but he would't be able to use it effectively with Khabib.

He spent the majority of his camp preparing for a grinding grappling battle (Kavanaugh himself said this). He bulked up and it showed in his reduced speed and fluidity. He didn't come in as quick and sharp in his striking. He prepared for the fight by trying to negate Khabib's strengths. Not to sharpen his own. He probably would have lost either way but he wasn't going to win by focusing his camp mostly on anti-grappling. That would only postpone the inevitable. He needed his striking to be at its absolute best so he could hopefully hurt Khabib. That was really his only way of winning.

Lol no.

What does Eddie do better than Khabib? He probably has better boxibng, but he would't be able to use it effectively with Khabib.

Id say he has better cardio, but its close.
Hes also stronger I bet. He walks around 190 and unlike Khabib hes like 10% body fat
Khabib has better offensive wrestiling but he wouldnt be able to use it effectively on Eddie
And you know Eddies not gonna give up like Conor. Its gonna be a fight till the very end. Its a close fight but I favor Eddie

He didn't believe his own bullshit this time. Khabib wasn't going for it and Conor saw that.

Back