Conor McGregor, my take. (Analysis)

In order to defeat Conor you need not to be afraid of his striking ablities and you need to have a decent KO power. Mcgregor keeps his hands way to low. Right now he avoids getting tagged via controlling the distanse, but at some point of his career, he will pay for that.

In order to defeat Conor you need not to be afraid of his striking ablities and you need to have a decent KO power. Mcgregor keeps his hands way to low. Right now he avoids getting tagged via controlling the distanse, but at some point of his career, he will pay for that.

I would think so. You gotta not allow Conor to get his pressure game on.

This is the most interesting battle of the year. Aldo hasn't face someone like Conor, Aldo seems confident but he might be thinking a bit much due to his getting out of character. He is obviously a bit concerned about McGoat. :icon_chee

My analysis: no experience against the best. Dustin Poirier was visibly shook just from the talk when he stepped in the octagon, and Siver looked like a heavy bag with a face.

My analysis: no experience against the best. Dustin Poirier was visibly shook just from the talk when he stepped in the octagon, and Siver looked like a heavy bag with a face.

Anything else worth noting?

Good job. I'm sure that in depth analysis took all day.

The biggest reason why I think Conor has a real shot to win is the way Aldo fights. I don't think you can give Conor space to work and Aldo tends to trade bow for blow. To beat Conor (like most flashy strikers), you just need to go at him with a head of steam and not respect him (similar to RDA vs Pettis). It's a tough task since he's a power puncher but I think it's the easiest path to beating him. When you start backing up is when he has you. The perfect guy to beat Conor would be a smaller version of Weidman but I don't know if that guy exists. Edgar/Mendes could do it but they a way smaller than Conor so I dunno if they have the size to smother him. If Conor were to go to LW and fight RDA I think he'd get mauled but at FW he has a legit shot at the title. That's just my honest take on him as it stands now.

What sets conor apart in my eyes is the mental game. The trash talking amplifies the pressure to dizzying Heights. He creates situations where the loser is humiliated. The fact that he is also very good makes it very hard on his opponents. meanwhile, mcgregor thrives on this sort of thing.

Aside from the mind games, this is a horrible match up for Aldo. McGRegor is physically bigger with excellent striking. I think he knows how to handle the low kicks which are Aldo's bread and butter.

Aldo without the low kicks is nowhere near as dangerous. If it comes to trading punches ive got to favor Conor. Whether conor can deal with the low kicks is the big question. My intuition is that he can. conor is a nimble guy... And i am sure he has been training that over and over. The fact that aldo has trouble kicking to the head also makes it much easier to handle.

Truth is that Aldo's highlights have primarily come from him picking apart wrestlers. Conor is a legit striker... Will be interesting.

What sets conor apart in my eyes is the mental game. The trash talking amplifies the pressure to dizzying Heights. He creates situations where the loser is humiliated. The fact that he is also very good makes it very hard on his opponents. meanwhile, mcgregor thrives on this sort of thing.

Aside from the mind games, this is a horrible match up for Aldo. McGRegor is physically bigger with excellent striking. I think he knows how to handle the low kicks which are Aldo's bread and butter.

Aldo without the low kicks is nowhere near as dangerous. If it comes to trading punches ive got to favor Conor. Whether conor can deal with the low kicks is the big question. My intuition is that he can. conor is a nimble guy... And i am sure he has been training that over and over. The fact that aldo has trouble kicking to the head also makes it much easier to handle.

Truth is that Aldo's highlights have primarily come from him picking apart wrestlers. Conor is a legit striker... Will be interesting.

We pretty much are on the same wavelength regarding this fight then. I think the low kicks could be a key to this fight.

Back