Conor McGregor, my take. (Analysis)

That was a good read, thanks TS.

His next two fights will be very interesting, especially if he wins against Aldo. He will face the best striker in the division and one of the best wrastlers in the division shortly thereafter, so all questions should be answered soon.

That was a good read, thanks TS.

His next two fights will be very interesting, especially if he wins against Aldo. He will face the best striker in the division and one of the best wrastlers in the division shortly thereafter, so all questions should be answered soon.

Cheers, thanks for taking the time in reading it.

Cheers, thanks for taking the time in reading it.

Nice little breakdown, though I will add that he doesn't jab very often, as he is a southpaw and usually facing orthodox fighters. He does a lot of hand fighting/ trapping with his lead hand, and often leads with a long uppercut while angling off to the right and outside the lead foot of his opponent to create a dominant angle for a left hand. #southpawstuff

Nice little breakdown, though I will add that he doesn't jab very often, as he is a southpaw and usually facing orthodox fighters. He does a lot of hand fighting/ trapping with his lead hand, and often leads with a long uppercut while angling off to the right and outside the lead foot of his opponent to create a dominant angle for a left hand. #southpawstuff

He showcased the jab in some fights, but as far as the hand-fighting/pawing/trapping in the Holloway fight he did this to great effect. Lean and hop to his right, shoot the long-lead upper and finish with a straight left.

Great read, love things like this!

He showcased the jab in some fights, but as far as the hand-fighting/pawing/trapping in the Holloway fight he did this to great effect. Lean and hop to his right, shoot the long-lead upper and finish with a straight left.

Mmhmm. Open guard doesn't completely nullify the jab, it's just a much different tool and less available. He has fought other southpaws recently anyways. But what excites me is how his stand up matches up with Aldo's! He does a great job of trapping the lead hand and that should all but shut down Aldo's great jab. I'm curious how that lead uppercut works against Aldo, that direction will be much, much better to circle towards to avoid the rear low kick. Aldo isn't big on throwing his 10 to the inside..though he really should in this case. He needs to attack the hell out of that lead leg to plant Connor and give him something to fret about. We haven't seen anyone interrupt Connor's rhythm dramatically. Aldo has a pretty nasty strait right of his own and does nice body work with his hands.
I really feel that Aldo should deviate from his typical minimalist approach here and show some other tools, linear kicks to the lead leg could really throw off Connor's game.

Those flashy kicks to keep distance will not work against a good wrestler/fighter. It's basically saying "take me down."

Those flashy kicks to keep distance will not work against a good wrestler/fighter. It's basically saying "take me down."

Perhaps, but regardless you have to stay aware of them. If it hits, you could go out. I don't see him throwing that many against Aldo but he could catch him napping with a few thrown and if it lands...

Perhaps, but regardless you have to stay aware of them. If it hits, you could go out. I don't see him throwing that many against Aldo but he could catch him napping with a few thrown and if it lands...

Aldo does a good job of keeping his hands high and is the fastest fighter Connor has faced. Those kicks will be low percentage in that match up.

Were you touching yourself while writing this?

On a serious note, it's not a bad write up, everything you said has some truth

Aldo does a good job of keeping his hands high and is the fastest fighter Connor has faced. Those kicks will be low percentage in that match up.

I can agree with that, I don't picture him throwing out nearly as many against Aldo. I would like to think he would be cognizant of the danger.

Were you touching yourself while writing this?

On a serious note, it's not a bad write up, everything you said has some truth

Bump for those who haven't seen it. Willing to listen to corrections, critisicism, critiques, or complaints.

Only thing I will add, Is his mental game is perhaps what sets him apart. He Prides himself on Constantly adding to his game in his training rather than just 'getting the rounds in'. He also studies his opponents quite thoroughly like Jon Jones.

Idk if it was mentioned already, but you said he has 100% TD defense in the UFC? He got taken down by Siver.

Idk if it was mentioned already, but you said he has 100% TD defense in the UFC? He got taken down by Siver.

He wasn't. Check the statistics, Siver never got any control from the takedown attempts. 0/3 on FightMetric.

Back