• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar ear

normally people are happy to see a champ go up in weight to fight bigger opponents...

some people are never happy, if Conor stays at FW he is ducking LW and is to big for his division, if he go's up a division he is ducking Mendes ( who he allready beat )

the only clown is standing in that mirror of yours

Well said. TS you're a goof

Aldo vs Edgar wasn't close I don't know why people say that. Jose looked like he barely tried. He took the 5th round with ease from the 'cardio-king'

Watch the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds again. Aldo certainly did a ton more damage but as far as points go Edgar started to really pick up the pace in the 3rd while Aldo kept slowing down. the only really consequential shot Aldo landed in the 5th was that awesome superman punch off the cage but one could easily argue that Edgar won 3-5. I didn't object to Aldo getting the decision though due to the damage disparity.

Hoop said:
I can see why you could say Conor is dodging Edgar, even though I disagree with it 100% But Edgar being a bad match up for him stylistically or not, do you honestly think Conor is afraid of fighting him or losing? He's being beaten before and the longer he fights, the more chance he has of losing. Whether it be Aldo, Edgar or someone at 155. I think he's more privvy to that fact than any of us on here.

He is, after all, an over-sized 145er. He asked to fight Sanchez in Mexico & Diaz was an option after Aldo pulled out. I don't see why Conor would struggle at 155 like a lot of people are saying, due to size difference especially. Alvarez, Makdessi, Poirier and Diaz are in the same size region. Size has nothing to do with how well or not well he'll do at 155.

With all the momentum and hype Conor has built up in the UFC, I would not be surprised if he's afraid of losing, but like I said in my previous post I still think Conor's main motivation for moving up is the terrible weight cut and not permanently damaging his kidneys. I believe he'd still maintain his popularity if he lost a close fight, but if he gets humiliated by someone I think a lot of people would stop taking him seriously temporarily. That said I think he'll do fine at 155.

I said I would accuse him of dodging Edgar if he made 145 no problem, but he clearly has trouble making the weight so I think moving to 155 is the right thing for him to do and I can't in good conscience accuse him of dodging anyone, especially if he defeats Aldo. Weight cutting sounds like hell on earth.

Back