• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar ear

Watch the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds again. Aldo certainly did a ton more damage but as far as points go Edgar started to really pick up the pace in the 3rd while Aldo kept slowing down. the only really consequential shot Aldo landed in the 5th was that awesome superman punch off the cage but one could easily argue that Edgar won 3-5. I didn't object to Aldo getting the decision though due to the damage disparity.

With all the momentum and hype Conor has built up in the UFC, I would not be surprised if he's afraid of losing, but like I said in my previous post I still think Conor's main motivation for moving up is the terrible weight cut and not permanently damaging his kidneys. I believe he'd still maintain his popularity if he lost a close fight, but if he gets humiliated by someone I think a lot of people would stop taking him seriously temporarily. That said I think he'll do fine at 155.

I said I would accuse him of dodging Edgar if he made 145 no problem, but he clearly has trouble making the weight so I think moving to 155 is the right thing for him to do and I can't in good conscience accuse him of dodging anyone, especially if he defeats Aldo. Weight cutting sounds like hell on earth.

while I won't dispute with you, I don't understand why you keep saying how hard it is for him...
Fact is: he never missed weight.

If he had some issues making weight, or missed it a few times, I'd agree with you. But as far as we know, Conor makes weight just fine.

Oh good... another one of these threads ...

Also, I'm going to make a quote here: People are always complaining that champs are not moving up creating superfights. Now there is such a guy and people are still complaining.

Here's another quote: If he beats Also he will have beaten the guy who beat mendes twice! What else is left for him to prove against mendes?

Now a match with Frankie I'd like to see still ...

normally people are happy to see a champ go up in weight to fight bigger opponents...

some people are never happy, if Conor stays at FW he is ducking LW and is to big for his division, if he go's up a division he is ducking Mendes ( who he allready beat )

the only clown is standing in that mirror of yours

Oh good... another one of these threads ...

Also, I'm going to make a quote here: People are always complaining that champs are not moving up creating superfights. Now there is such a guy and people are still complaining.

Here's another quote: If he beats Also he will have beaten the guy who beat mendes twice! What else is left for him to prove against mendes?

Now a match with Frankie I'd like to see still ...

Lol so let him win the belt(if he can somehow do that) and then move up without defending it once?? Lol You are just as much as a clown as he is, but bigger since you're riding his jock and not the other way around. And you're trying to use mma math??lmfao

normally people are happy to see a champ go up in weight to fight bigger opponents...

some people are never happy, if Conor stays at FW he is ducking LW and is to big for his division, if he go's up a division he is ducking Mendes ( who he allready beat )

the only clown is standing in that mirror of yours

Read what I said to the other clown because it fits you also

Why......
Ah,you guys gonna complain no matter what he does so why even bother

McGreGoat could take on every fighter on the roster at once and KO them all within 11 seconds and you haters will still argue that he is crap. Don't hate greatness just because of your own failures.

McGreGoat could take on every fighter on the roster at once and KO them all within 11 seconds and you haters will still argue that he is crap. Don't hate greatness just because of your own failures.

Lol Another loser trying to live his life through an athlete he doesn't know. Applaud to you.

Conor's the first of the IV rule victims. He'll say legacy but this is simply because he cant fight without rehydrating without IV.

And that's a damn shame. I wanted a Chad rematch.

I cant wait for all the fans in support of the IV ban start saying the IV ban is a bad idea when Conor gets ragdolled by Khabib.

Later in the day after the scrum

On UFC tonight Conor responds to Faber about a Mendes rematch.

"yeah no problem. Let's see how he does against Frankie and I'll weigh it up. Me, Frank, Lorenzo, ok, we'll weigh it up."

Conor's the first of the IV rule victims. He'll say legacy but this is simply because he cant fight without rehydrating without IV.

I cant wait for all the fans in support of the IV ban start saying the IV ban is a bad idea when Conor gets ragdolled by Khabib.

Khabib would look like Godzilla beating on a rug rat if he ever fought Conor.

So he beats Poirer #5 (when he was at FW), Holloway current #5, Mendes #2, Aldo Champion, and possibly Edgar #1. Is there any point in defending your belt when you've beaten all those people and want to move up in weight?

Lol Khabib would like Godzilla vs a rugrat if he ever fought Conor.

Conor haters are grasping at straws.

I think him wanting to move up has more to do with the weight cut than the competition.

Lol Khabib would like Godzilla vs a rugrat if he ever fought Conor.

So he beats Poirer #5 (when he was at FW), Holloway current #5, Mendes #2, Aldo Champion, and possibly Edgar #1. Is there any point in defending your belt when you've beaten all those people and want to move up in weight?

He beat a wet behind the ears Holloway, a short camped Mendes and he won't make it past Aldo. And he won't beat Frankie either.

TS is a baby , if Conor beats Mendes , Aldo and possibly Edgar he can move up if he chooses

Mendez got destroyed inside 2, while Conor did no live wrestling beforehand.
Sounds like an easy payday, especially compared to Khabib, RDA etc.

Read what I said to the other clown because it fits you also

the only thing that i read in your OP is bullshit and that same post only suggests that you are a butthurt fan of either Mendes or Aldo.

if Conor manages to beat Aldo and defends his title against Edgar there really isnt much more to do at that division so i would prefer to see him go up and fight bigger opponents

Back