• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar ear

it's interesting how everyone magically knows exactly how connor will fare in a completely different weight class. Where are these fucking wizards when I'm buying lottery tickets?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/9/2...fter-aldo-unless-edgar-earns-it#comment_tease

This dude is a clown. Like is he that scared of a rematch with Mendes? He's gotta jump ship just to claim that he cleared the division and moved up like Aldo should have done. In a way I'd love to see it though, because he will get scraped by the top fighters at 155.

I will help you out in your life my friend, introducing "the delusional hater test" because I know delusional haters have no idea they are one and feed of others so its "normal".

Ok ask yourself this, did you think Dustin, Diego, Mendes would beat Conor and a long with Cub and all the other top 10 featherweights, I just know before he crushed the division you were thinkign this after all his fights oh wait till he fights mendes, wait till he fights frankie, now your doing the exact same thing with LW and you probably do not even realize it.

YW

I will help you out in your life my friend, introducing "the delusional hater test" because I know delusional haters have no idea they are one and feed of others so its "normal".

Ok ask yourself this, did you think Dustin, Diego, Mendes would beat Conor and a long with Cub and all the other top 10 featherweights, I just know before he crushed the division you were thinkign this after all his fights oh wait till he fights mendes, wait till he fights frankie, now your doing the exact same thing with LW and you probably do not even realize it.

YW

while I agree with what you said, let us put this into perspective.
You also need to realise you are doing the same if you remain blind to the fact he was exposed by a wrestler with a 2 weeks camp. Any bigger wrestler at LW is salivating at the chance to do what Mendes didn't have the cardio to keep doing for 3 more rounds... wrestlef*ck him.

desperation shows.
as it is obvious to anyone with a brain, and you even said it (contradicting yourself)

It matters little against whom he was training for. The FACT is: he WAS TRAINING

That means he was at top physical conditioning.

Mendes was HUNTING. He was NOT preparing for ANYONE.

A little logic, that even a kid can understand. :redface:

And yet we have...you. CLaiming they were both at disadvantage...

so much fail... you!

Oh, and for the record: my guy at this WC is Frankie.... who was in shape and ready to fight...

Isn't it odd that they selected Mendes who was hunting instead??? I wonder why......:redface:

Fail....Mendez said he stays in top shape....regardless of your countless excuses and assumptions and that is what HE SAID, so it really kind of negates all of the excuses mendez, and fans like yourself make...and he lost....so again fail....and frankie will get his shot...dont you worry....

You take pride in your logic...so use it....if your brother (mendez) can use the excuse of not having a proper camp to adequately prepare for a fight/fighter....well hell, conor can use the same excuse then...(even though he won), to counter the crap about him not preparing for a high caliber wrestler and everything they come with and such..blah blah...but...real men dont make excuses...they make results....conor added a knockout to his belt=result...you/mendes lost...added a loss to his belt and you are mad and hurt/claim he only won because of camp or lack there of (short notice)+/claim he is running/claim he is scared/and a whole bunch of other nonesense=excuses and hate for someone you never met....

again FAIL.

you lose....conor won, ha

Last edited:
As if Conor wouldnt train td and wrestling for Aldo
That would be a real dumbass move. I don't think his coach is that dumb

Fail....Mendez said he stays in top shape....regardless of your countless excuses and assumptions and that is what HE SAID, so it really kind of negates all of the excuses mendez, and fans like yourself make...and he lost....so again fail....and frankie will get his shot...dont you worry....

You take pride in your logic...so use it....if your brother (mendez) can use the excuse of not having a proper camp to adequately prepare for a fight/fighter....well hell, conor can use the same excuse then...(even though he won), to counter the crap about him not preparing for a high caliber wrestler and everything they come with and such..blah blah...but...real men dont make excuses...they make results....conor added a knockout to his belt=result...you/mendes lost...added a loss to his belt and you are mad and hurt/claim he only won because of camp or lack there of (short notice)+/claim he is running/claim he is scared/and a whole bunch of other nonesense=excuses and hate for someone you never met....

again FAIL.

you lose....conor won, ha

Can you contradict yourself more?
Post fight, both Faber and then Mendes himself said he was not in shape for the fight.
Trying to hide away from this fact shows you are just too biased to accept reality.

My signature is perfect for you... make use of it :redface:

Post fight, both Faber and then Mendes himself said he was not in shape for the fight.
Trying to hide away from this fact shows you are just too biased to accept reality.

My signature is perfect for you... make use of it :redface:[/QUOTE

Again...lol not condtradicting, just using your logic against you haha. but too much hate for conor for you to see that....but its ok....i get it....you want frankie with that belt around the waist and you hate conor....i get it...

Refer to the video Mcgoat posted to you in regards to mendes stating he is in shape....and....GOODBYE haha

My signature is perfect for you... make use of it :redface:[/QUOTE

Again...lol not condtradicting, just using your logic against you haha. but too much hate for conor for you to see that....but its ok....i get it....you want frankie with that belt around the waist and you hate conor....i get it...

Refer to the video Mcgoat posted to you in regards to mendes stating he is in shape....and....GOODBYE haha

Repeating dumb stuff won't make you right.:redface:

There's no need for logic, just facts.
Fact: Mendes was hunting, not training
Fact: COnor was training.
Fact COnor had a full camp
Fact: Mendes had 2 weeks.

You don't need more than that to add it all up.

Then again, you are just not bright enough...:redface:

Last edited:

YW

Actually no but nice try at trying to sound smarter than you really are.

did you think Dustin, Diego, Mendes would beat Conor

no i thought conor was a horrible matchup for all three, not necesserily as severe for mendes, but because of his lackluster striking defense i was pretty sure he was going to get hit by something hard on the feet and drop.

brandao and dustin however had r1 stoppages written all over them because of their brawler tendencies, and i was far from the only one to think it, infact more then 90% of the people who uses the betting thread here (the regulars) had picked conor to end those fights very early.

however, i'm still very confident there's atleast 5 people @ lw who'll cave his head in without much trouble.

Even though Aldo is the overall best FW in the world and a dominant champ, I think Frankie Edgar is the worst possible matchup for Conor at 145 and I see Conor losing that fight like 8/10 times. Edgar would be able to take his strikes, land tons of TDs and wrestle him for 3-5 rounds without even breathing heavy. Conor would imo have a big standup advantage but Edgar is so tough that he could walk right through his biggest shots and take him down over and over.

Even though Aldo is the overall best FW in the world and a dominant champ, I think Frankie Edgar is the worst possible matchup for Conor at 145 and I see Conor losing that fight like 8/10 times. Edgar would be able to take his strikes, land tons of TDs and wrestle him for 3-5 rounds without even breathing heavy. Conor would imo have a big standup advantage but Edgar is so tough that he could walk right through his biggest shots and take him down over and over.

Not only is Edgar tough but he's keep the speed and movement to really frustrate Conor.

Conor isn't scared of Mendes, nor Edgar. He genuinely believes he kills them all. Edgar would murk him though, IMO. And Edgar murks Mendes, too. To fight Aldo, unless Aldo moves up after beating Conor.

Not only is Edgar tough but he's keep the speed and movement to really frustrate Conor.

Good call; I missed that. Not only does he have extreme speed and great footwork but because of his ridiculous cardio he can move as fast as he wants for an entire 5 rounds without even getting winded. Mendes has to rest for a short while in between big explosions and while Edgar doesn't have Mendes' power, he can maintain his explosiveness throughout an entire fight while Mendes and Aldo are pure quick twitch types who gas much faster than all-around athletes like Edgar. Mighty Mouse is very much like Edgar in a physical/athletic sense.

It doesn't matter how long of a camp Mendez has and all of Conor's haters secretly know this but their hate is so blind they think Conor moving up to lightweight to fight bigger and better opponents is him not wanting a rematch because he's scared. Like wtf? Why would Conor be scared of somebody he already smashed? This is why we see dumb rematches like Cain and Wedum and TJ + Barao. Because people like you.

lol at people thinking connor is scared of mendes. He KO'd him, STFU already.

The guy is tired of cutting weight, can you blame him? I'm tired of all of these rematches, I'd rather see Connor move up (if he beats Aldo) and face new competition where he could possibly perform even BETTER without a draining weight cut.

My guess is he's dodging the weight cut. If you've never cut weight before, it's an excruciating experience that goes on for a week or more. Every pound you cut is exponentially worse than the one before that. But when you boil it all down, cutting weight is just a way of dodging opponents. Conor and DC have the worst cuts in the entire UFC; DC does it for Cain. That should say something. I would like nothing more than to see him move up to 155. He'd get passed around like Red Riding Hood falling into the Gorilla cage at the zoo. It would almost be worth having to live through him beating Aldo.

Ya, so as much as I want Aldo to win that fight, the only way he fights all those top guys at 155 is if he moves up as champion and gets thrashed on the way down. If he loses two at 145 and then moves up, he'll never make it to those guys. Whatever, I just hope Aldo is on point.

Back