Conor McGregor has no ground game

Chad Mendes has never lost a fight to anyone not named Jose Aldo. He would be a odds favorite over McGregor or I'll eat my shoes. Its not that Conor is ducking anything and I never said he was. The UFC will not dare miss the Aldo/Conor fight, its all about money, not about Conor being the next coming, because he isn't. I would be willing to bet my left arm he loses to Frankie, Mendes, or Aldo, take your pick. And a 50/50 against Lamas.

Conor is +100 against Aldo. Mendes was +250 and +140, respectively, for his fights with Aldo. According to vegas Conor has a better shot to beat Aldo than anyone Jose has ever faced, including Mendes.

Matchups obviously dictate odds, but Conor could conceivably be the favorite over Mendes if that was the next fight judging by these odds comparisons using the only common fighter.

Aldo and Mendes may beat Conor. I think there is a big enough gap in competition between them and Conor's other fights to cast doubt, but I also think we've seen enough to think Conor could be the best fighter in the division.

You don't make a squash match. You schedule him to fight whichever guy wants to step up and take the contract. It was never offered. I guarantee you if they said hey Mendes, Frankie, Lamas, which one of you guys wants to fight McGregor for a title shot, they would have broken their necks trying to get a pen.

Lets go back to reality, the UFC doesn't want anything standing in their way of an Aldo/Mcgregor payday so they made it happen, why can't you accept it? It is reality and everyone knows it.

You did nothing to address the issue. All of those other fighters were tied up. Siver, Lentz, or who else?

I hope that people bet Aldo heavily with him at such good odds, the odds on him haven't been that good for a very long time. I just hope more and more people doubt McGregor.

He has a very wide stance and he doesn't protect his head. Poor old man shorty Siver hit him multiple times with kicks to the body and punches to the face. What do you think a real top 3 rated guy will do to him? What do you think Aldo can do to him if he is that easy to hit?

We haven't seen his ground game in full use, but that was a nice way to get to mount.

You did nothing to address the issue. All of those other fighters were tied up. Siver, Lentz, or who else?

I'm telling you right now the fight was never offered to any of those guys or they would have taken it. How about they book him against Frankie or Mendes right now for a contenders match, winner gets Aldo. Oh yea, that's right, the UFC won't dare. They will not dare do it.

I'm telling you right now the fight was never offered to any of those guys or they would have taken it. How about they book him against Frankie or Mendes right now for a contenders match, winner gets Aldo. Oh yea, that's right, the UFC won't dare. They will not dare do it.

Why would you knock off contenders while the champ is healthy and waiting for a fight? That makes absolutely zero sense when people complain in wanting to see a champion fight more. Conor has had a run to the title better then your boy Edgar or then Mendes.

And do what with Aldo, exactly? Who in the hell can they possibly get Aldo to fight that anyone outside of die hard MMA fans would pay to see? And I'm talking buy every card MMA fan. Even Sherdog casuals won't pa to see him rematch the division again. The reason why Conor is getting fast tracked is equal, if not more, due to the fact that Aldo is a shitty asset as a draw. Amazing fighter, but the guy is simply not an attraction at this point; he is a victim of his own dominance.

Looking at Aldo's future prospects aside from Conor is about as exciting as watching a season of Murder She Wrote for god's sake. Conor can still fight Mendes, Frankie, Lamas, Undertaker and whomever else the MMA masses say he should after this championship fight, but everyone in the world outside of the other FW want this fight to happen now.

Conor is +100 against Aldo. Mendes was +250 and +140, respectively, for his fights with Aldo. According to vegas Conor has a better shot to beat Aldo than anyone Jose has ever faced, including Mendes.

Matchups obviously dictate odds, but Conor could conceivably be the favorite over Mendes if that was the next fight judging by these odds comparisons using the only common fighter.

Aldo and Mendes may beat Conor. I think there is a big enough gap in competition between them and Conor's other fights to cast doubt, but I also think we've seen enough to think Conor could be the best fighter in the division.

He looks wide open and slow. That is just the way I see it. Siver kicked him down, tripped him down, double legged him down and if it was anyone else besides Siver Conor would have been on his back. Siver punched him in the face, kicked him in the ribs, he just didn't have the size and power to hurt him so McGregor kept coming forward.

Go ahead McGregor take that kick to the ribs from Aldo and see if you keep coming forward. Or lose you balance against Frankie or Mendes and see if you aren't getting top controlled wondering wtf just happened.

u do know he got subbed in 30 secs against a 125 pounder right lol

And Barao lost his MMA debut and Anderson Silva got subbed by Daiju Takase and Ryo Chonan!

What 2 things do those 3 elite fighters have in common? They both happened a long time ago and all 3 of them are considered the GOAT.

Conor McGregor got taken down and subbed under a minute.

He lost when he was a kid with no experience.
The guys fun as hell to watch fight. That's the point of watching mma.

Haters are gonna hate. He never had to use it before. That mount wasn't even necessary, he just did it to show he could.

He looks wide open and slow. That is just the way I see it. Siver kicked him down, tripped him down, double legged him down and if it was anyone else besides Siver Conor would have been on his back. Siver punched him in the face, kicked him in the ribs, he just didn't have the size and power to hurt him so McGregor kept coming forward.

Go ahead McGregor take that kick to the ribs from Aldo and see if you keep coming forward. Or lose you balance against Frankie or Mendes and see if you aren't getting top controlled wondering wtf just happened.

Conor looks slow? I'm sorry man but I just can't take you seriously after this post. Do you realize how much you are nit picking that fight last night? Siver hit Conor? Uh yes he did. When was the last time you saw a fight where a fighter did not get touched? Aldo get hits in every fight he is in it doesn't mean he is not a fantastic fighter.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

John2.jpg

mc-300x168.jpg

And do what with Aldo, exactly? Who in the hell can they possibly get Aldo to fight that anyone outside of die hard MMA fans would pay to see? And I'm talking buy every card MMA fan. Even Sherdog casuals won't pa to see him rematch the division again. The reason why Conor is getting fast tracked is equal, if not more, due to the fact that Aldo is a shitty asset as a draw. Amazing fighter, but the guy is simply not an attraction at this point; he is a victim of his own dominance.

Looking at Aldo's future prospects aside from Conor is about as exciting as watching a season of Murder She Wrote for god's sake. Conor can still fight Mendes, Frankie, Lamas, Undertaker and whomever else the MMA masses say he should after this championship fight, but everyone in the world outside of the other FW want this fight to happen now.

I'm glad he is fighting Aldo, I just don't like the timing. I think Aldo literally beats him up and leaves him bloody.

McGregor is a legitimate brown belt who has been rolling with Gunnar Nelson for years who is one of the best grapplers in the world. To think he has no ground game is grasping for straws. The hip smash, pass to mount he did on Siver last night was very technical. You can tell he was thinking position before submission/GnP which is the sign of an educated grappler. Who cares if he got submitted 5-6 years ago.

Anderson Silva got submitted by sub .500 record, Japanese cans 7 years into his mixfight career and he turned out to be alright. Grow up, geeks.

Conor looks slow? I'm sorry man but I just can't take you seriously after this post. Do you realize how much you are nit picking that fight last night? Siver hit Conor? Uh yes he did. When was the last time you saw a fight where a fighter did not get touched? Aldo get hits in every fight he is in it doesn't mean he is not a fantastic fighter.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Yes he looks slow and I think Aldo will expose that. Look for the number of posts when they fight that look like this, "gdamn Aldo is fast."

Back