Conor McGregor has no ground game

He has a very wide stance and he doesn't protect his head. Poor old man shorty Siver hit him multiple times with kicks to the body and punches to the face. What do you think a real top 3 rated guy will do to him? What do you think Aldo can do to him if he is that easy to hit?

Nothing in all honesty. Connor has a chin made of granite. I don't think even Aldo can't hurt him with head shots. On the contary Connor has severe power and can most definitely hurt Aldo. Aldo's best chance is taking out his legs, and Aldo has some vicious low kicks.

Great move, that was nice.

I would still like to see him working from the bottom with Edgar on top. Cub is also good on the ground and Edgar tooled him.

Conor is on a different level than Cub though, Cub was getting takedown and Controlled by Dennis Siver in their fight.

Can't wait for him to display his takedown defence and ground game though after winning the title and defending it against one of the better wrestlers.

Nothing in all honesty. Connor has a chin made of granite. I don't think even Aldo can't hurt him with head shots. On the contary Connor has severe power and can most definitely hurt Aldo. Aldo's best chance is taking out his legs, and Aldo has some vicious low kicks.

His best chance? Really? Aldo is better pretty much everywhere. He has just about every fight advantage one could have. He is a better grappler, standing and on the mat, has more powerful kicks, he's faster, has more experience by a long shot in title fights going 5 rounds and unlike Conor has fought the top 145'ers in the world for years, beating all of them.

Where is Conor better? With his fists?
That is called a punchers chance.

Siver has landed many strikes vs almost all of his opponents. He has landed +200 in fights and is a capable striker with a good striking background. I also believe that Conor was not trying to fight the "cleanest" fight but rather put him away as fast as he could to solidify his fast finishing rate. He specifically stated he had no respect for Siver's strikes and was calling him out and using high risk to attempt to land higher risk strikes. What we can take from his fights is he fights each individual specifically based on their movement and approach. The ebb and flow of his movement according to his opponents movement is flawless and the level of intensity is so high. There is a reason Aldo has only gotten 2 finishes in the UFC and McGregor has all finishes but 1. Conor has far more power in his strikes, those incredibly strong hamstrings and quads with that wide but slim build is perfect for fighting.

Mendes, Hominick, Korean Zombie. Aldo landed 32 of 87 strikes in 4 fuckin rounds vs the zombie and his reach is very limited. Horrible percentage vs a decent striker.

Siver is more gifted in the striking than the Korean Zombie and Conor went on to land 53% and many were high risk power shots with 67 of 119 in under 7 minutes.

With all those numbers said the real strength in Conors game is his ability to ebb and flow to his opponents extracting and retracting limbs so fluidly. That is something stats aren't going to be able to show nearly as well. Siver never landed anything of importance in that fight. The best punch ever landed on McGregor was Marcus Brimage's big right hand coming forward at 4:31 of the first round and it did absolutely nothing.

Will be fun to see but as we analyze the flaws in McGregor, do not think that Aldo or any other fighter has zero flaws. You name your fighter, I'll name their weaknesses.

Whats up with sherdog hating exciting fighters and wanting them to get controlled by wrestlers for the length oc the fight?Smh

Waah! He's destroying everybody in spectacular fashion and has extreme confidence. I hate him.

His greatest grappling attribute has been ducking wrestlers.... But im sure you're aware of that lol.

And how on earth are people comparing this guy to Silva??? HAHAHAHA

Ehmmm?? Oh yeah. Nothing like Silva. Cause Silva only fought fighters with wrestling as their primary weapon.
Who else than Sonnen did he actually fight?

They actually have a lot in common. Subbed early on. Powerful, unorthodox striking, great BJJ, and rely on timing and gauging the opponent, before a violent finish ;)
Both are also tall and have great reach advantages over the division.

That said, Silva is the better fighter, but they have many things in common.

That pass was absolutely beautiful! I fapped when it happened, Even Jorge Gurgel appreciated it, he was cage side. It was textbook BJJ. Leg drag position to leg weave to the Mount. Absolutely beautiful.

His best chance? Really? Aldo is better pretty much everywhere. He has just about every fight advantage one could have. He is a better grappler, standing and on the mat, has more powerful kicks, he's faster, has more experience by a long shot in title fights going 5 rounds and unlike Conor has fought the top 145'ers in the world for years, beating all of them.

Where is Conor better? With his fists?
That is called a punchers chance.

He has more reach, better distance control, better timing and better boxing plus more power in his hands and a better chin. Other than that not much else other than he's physically the bigger man. I don't know about his cardio as he's never even been to deep waters but I can't see it being any worse than Aldo's. I suspect he has the advantage there but that's only because out of everything it's the only weak area Aldo has.

I remember watching that pass to mount live, I was like "damn, that was nice".

0415_big.gif

if you could post a high-res version of this, it would be more interesting than most of the things I read on this forum.

How did i know a noob would take the bait..... McHype also got subbed by duffy in 38 secs 3 fights later and hasnt fought a good grappler outside of Diego since lol.

Dave Hill is a Black Belt and Conor submitted him.

Also when Conor got subbed he was a cocky boxer, he was barely training at all never mind BJJ, he hadn't had his moment of realization that MMA could bring him a real future.

That has more to do with Aldo than it does Conor. Conor would sell out fights against anyone and he'd probably be the betting odd favorite against anyone not named Aldo. In other words they would still make a killing off Conor giving him more fights.

It's Aldo they can't sell against anyone other than Conor. As amazing as Aldo is he is not a good asset and needs Conor to sell fights. So yeah they want this fight and so does everyone else.

But I digress. That poster said Conor is ducking wrestlers. Who did he decline to fight?

This is what happened.

Lentz obviously calls him out

4jqd05.jpg

More than once

2lb25p5.jpg

Yet Mcgregor and the UFC choose siver, yet another non wrestler....

n2jxvr.jpg

That looks a lot like ducking, and if it's not ducking than he's a protected fighter.

This is what happened.

Lentz obviously calls him out

4jqd05.jpg

More than once

2lb25p5.jpg

Yet Mcgregor and the UFC choose siver, yet another non wrestler....

n2jxvr.jpg

That looks a lot like ducking, and if it's not ducking than he's a protected fighter.

The UFC Chose Siver coz they wanted an entertaining stand up fight to headline a card, Nick lenzt and entertaining don't go together.

The UFC Chose Siver coz they wanted an entertaining stand up fight to headline a card, Nick lenzt and entertaining don't go together.

Well, you missed the part where he said "myself" meaning he had a part in the decision, and also the part where I said, " even if it wasn't his choice, he is clearly protected".

Well, you missed the part where he said "myself" meaning he had a part in the decision, and also the part where I said, " even if it wasn't his choice, he is clearly protected".

Most top fighters put their 2 cents in about who they fight, but if you seriously think he gets to choose then you're demented.

The UFC are protecting their investment, I agree to an extent, but it would be stupid not too, some on here would have had Conor wipe out from 10-1 before giving him a shot, then if he wins there is no one left.

The UFC do it to every up and coming contender they think has a shot at the belt.

Lol, you and I have had this exact convo before. Miller wasn't training with Lentz's camp in preparation for Conor, Lentz didn't even know about Miller's injury and the fight was offered to Brandao before Lentz even knew. Lentz has called out Conor various times in an assertive manner—when both are free to fight— for two years. The only time Conor talks about Lentz is when Conor is booked to fight someone else.

Also, your proof for Lentz ducking Conor is pure conjecture from Conor's mouth. My proof Is actual call outs at a time where both fighters were looking for fights; Not only call outs, but also Conor acknowledging that he had a hand in selecting his next victim.

To prove that your evidence is pure conjecture, imagine this scenario: Tavarez pulled out of a fight with Lentz, and Lentz says "you're telling me bermudez—a top ten guy—didn't hear about Tavarez pulling out? yet he didn't campaign to fight me? wow, he must be ducking me!"

That's your logic and it's flawed..

I guess you didn't listen to me a month ago, or you still don't believe me. I don't know.

Last edited:
Back