Conor McGregor has no ground game

It was a slick move for sure, that knee drag position is super strong especially if you know the transitions like that. My favorite part of the fight.

Great move, that was nice.

I would still like to see him working from the bottom with Edgar on top. Cub is also good on the ground and Edgar tooled him.

He needs to fight Lamas or Mendes. Then we shall see his wrestling.

How did i know a noob would take the bait..... McHype also got subbed by duffy in 38 secs 3 fights later and hasnt fought a good grappler outside of Diego since lol.

This noob is aware of both of these instances. I'm also aware that a ground game constitutes more than submission defense. Not sure if you are.

Mcgregor doesn't have a ground game, and aldo would SCHOOL him on the mat......

Doesn't matter tho, aldo isn't gonna go for td's. .....despite sherdogs irish fetish it's gonna be a standup fight that aldo wins 50-45 or via legkick smash tko

Mcg tooled siver easily

But be realistic it was a 36yr old.......coming off a 1 year layoff......whose been tko/ko'd multiple times in the ufc

This noob is aware of both of these instances. I'm also aware that a ground game constitutes more than submission defense. Not sure if you are.

His greatest grappling attribute has been ducking wrestlers.... But im sure you're aware of that lol.

And how on earth are people comparing this guy to Silva??? HAHAHAHA

Lol at the idea of anything someone does against Dennis Siver being evidence that he is has any chance against Aldo. HAHAHAHAHAH

As soon as I saw Siver's leg in the right place, I thought he could go for that pass, then as soon as he did it, I laughed and went

I loved how he established position before going for the kill. Great fight IQ and patience. It will be interesting to see his ground game on display in the future. Him vs Frankie would be an amazing fight.

:icon_lol: Frankie destroys him. Geez guys, he was fighting a +900 dog. Not alot can be determined by that unless you think he can do that to Frankie and Mendes as well. Which is a pretty comical idea.

His greatest grappling attribute has been ducking wrestlers.... But im sure you're aware of that lol.

And how on earth are people comparing this guy to Silva??? HAHAHAHA

Name a single fight that he has ducked.

There's no way to tell if he has a ground game until he competes agains someone with an actual ground game...I will say he was explosive getting back up...but it was not agains a grappler...plenty of guys to test his ground game coming up.

:icon_lol: Frankie destroys him. Geez guys, he was fighting a +900 dog. Not alot can be determined by that unless you think he can do that to Frankie and Mendes as well. Which is a pretty comical idea.

First things first. Frankie would not be a +1100 favorite vs Siver. The betting odds are that way because of Conor's ability and the match up.

Secondly, as much as I love Frankie he is not the most defensive fighter in the world. To think that he could avoid Conor's boxing, especially given the 6inc reach advantage Conor has is a big assumpiton, IMO.

It's a fight that needs to happen, hopefully this year somehow, but I am not confident in Frankie's chances and I don't need to see Conor fight a paper top 5 fighter to think that. His frame, athleticism, speed, reaction time, and striking prowess are huge problems for Frankie to get around. I honestly don't think Frankie will be able to hold him down and I don't think Frankie can close the gap enough to hit him.

I loved how he established position before going for the kill. Great fight IQ and patience. It will be interesting to see his ground game on display in the future. Him vs Frankie would be an amazing fight.

Hellz yeah. That would be one hell of a fight.

Siver would sub this fool in one round and out-grapple him. Didn't you know this already TS? :wink:

Except for nobody thought that who follows MMA, not least of all the odds makers who had Siver at a 9 to 1 disadvantage (+900.) Making this fight was absurd from the beginning and most people knew it. Absolutely nothing was learned from it other than McGregor can beat a guy who is +900. Well whoopitty freakin doo, who would have thought.

Back