Conor McGregor has no ground game

I loved how he established position before going for the kill. Great fight IQ and patience. It will be interesting to see his ground game on display in the future. Him vs Frankie would be an amazing fight.

Anything other than a first round ko would be surprising. Let's not forget how badly edgar got dominated by maynard early in their second and third fights; the slow, plodding, predictable, uncoordinated gray maynard.

For people arguing about the past, please please please bet on MMA. Betting on sports is about discerning useful stats from the useless stats and the ability to analyze and determine a team or individuals potential trajectory. Most people on here can't even muster up the skills to analyze their own lives to determine their own potentials and would rather work dead end jobs for however long their body can keep them going; then they begin the disability cheque income. If you cannot understand your own potential, do not try to pretend you can analyze the potential of others.

Slow89, nice troll account brotha. I want bet slips against McGregor come his next fight to back up what you are saying.

I took McGregor 2nd round and hit an 9 fight, 2 football parlay for a total 11 play parlay last night. The account continues to grow.

Except for nobody thought that who follows MMA, not least of all the odds makers who had Siver at a 9 to 1 disadvantage (+900.) Making this fight was absurd from the beginning and most people knew it. Absolutely nothing was learned from it other than McGregor can beat a guy who is +900. Well whoopitty freakin doo, who would have thought.

Why are you acting like Siver is a +900 dog against everyone? He was +146 against Cub ffs. The odds were that lopsided because Conor matched up with him that well because Conor is a good damn fighter.

720cb99b7cc182f08eaf6cb3af2dd960.gif
Despite it supposedly being a squash match, I have more faith in McGregor after this, but not in this particular aspect.

I'm sure he has a ground game, but that gif and this fight doesn't tell us much about it. Unless I misremember. Siever turned the legs over on his own. I mean, he flows pretty well, but he's given an absolutely huge opening there. Kudos for taking it, but I'm pretty sure any blue belt could do the same given that opportunity.

Not that "any blue belt" would cause Siever to go into a fetal position, but that part is a testament to his striking and what appears to be a pretty solid takedown defense, but not his grappling.

Anything other than a first round ko would be surprising. Let's not forget how badly edgar got dominated by maynard early in their second and third fights; the slow, plodding, predictable, uncoordinated gray maynard.

I don't think you can really hold the Maynard fights against Frankie. Maynard was a dangerous fight back then and if anything it showed you have to, almost literally, throw the kitchen sink and Frankie to put him away.

I believe that Conor will repeatedly find his mark against Frankie and it will just be too much. Frankie has great heart and recovery time but he'd need an iron chin and heavier hands to get through Conor's offense, IMO.

It's still a fight that needs to happen, even if Conor beats Aldo.

Name a single fight that he has ducked.

The UFC doesn't want him anywhere near the top guys that will crush their chance at a big Aldo PPV. Mendes, Frankie, and even Lamas is a no no to put him against. You know this though which is why they let him fight a guy that had about zero chance of winning.

For people arguing about the past, please please please bet on MMA. Betting on sports is about discerning useful stats from the useless stats and the ability to analyze and determine a team or individuals potential trajectory. Most people on here can't even muster up the skills to analyze their own lives to determine their own potentials and would rather work dead end jobs for however long their body can keep them going; then they begin the disability cheque income. If you cannot understand your own potential, do not try to pretend you can analyze the potential of others.

Slow89, nice troll account brotha. I want bet slips against McGregor come his next fight to back up what you are saying.

I took McGregor 2nd round and hit an 9 fight, 2 football parlay for a total 11 play parlay last night. The account continues to grow.

What do you think of the early Aldo/Conor line? Aldo -140 Conor +100

The UFC doesn't want him anywhere near the top guys that will crush their chance at a big Aldo PPV. Mendes, Frankie, and even Lamas is a no no to put him against. You know this though which is why they let him fight a guy that had about zero chance of winning.

That has more to do with Aldo than it does Conor. Conor would sell out fights against anyone and he'd probably be the betting odd favorite against anyone not named Aldo. In other words they would still make a killing off Conor giving him more fights.

It's Aldo they can't sell against anyone other than Conor. As amazing as Aldo is he is not a good asset and needs Conor to sell fights. So yeah they want this fight and so does everyone else.

But I digress. That poster said Conor is ducking wrestlers. Who did he decline to fight?

Why are you acting like Siver is a +900 dog against everyone? He was +146 against Cub ffs. The odds were that lopsided because Conor matched up with him that well because Conor is a good damn fighter.

Why would they make an up and coming prospect fight a +900 to get a title shot. It has to be one of the most lopsided matches that will be made in 2015. You are going to feel silly as shit when you see what Aldo does to this guy.

That has more to do with Aldo than it does Conor. Conor would sell out fights against anyone and he'd probably be the betting odd favorite against anyone not named Aldo. In other words they would still make a killing off Conor giving him more fights.

It's Aldo they can't sell against anyone other than Conor. As amazing as Aldo is he is not a good asset and needs Conor to sell fights. So yeah they want this fight and so does everyone else.

But I digress. That poster said Conor is ducking wrestlers. Who did he decline to fight?

Chad Mendes has never lost a fight to anyone not named Jose Aldo. He would be a odds favorite over McGregor or I'll eat my shoes. Its not that Conor is ducking anything and I never said he was. The UFC will not dare miss the Aldo/Conor fight, its all about money, not about Conor being the next coming, because he isn't. I would be willing to bet my left arm he loses to Frankie, Mendes, or Aldo, take your pick. And a 50/50 against Lamas.

I will be placing $1,000.00 on Conor to win and an additional $250.00 on him to finish him

He has no reason to stick it out on the ground unless he's got a clear chance for a dominate position to execute his ground n pound. The guy is a killer. I'm quite curious how he'd deal with a lengthy wrestler though. I want to see what he can do off his back. I wonder if he is still creative the way he is when he's standing.

I hope that people bet Aldo heavily with him at such good odds, the odds on him haven't been that good for a very long time. I just hope more and more people doubt McGregor.

Why would they make an up and coming prospect fight a +900 to get a title shot. It has to be one of the most lopsided matches that will be made in 2015. You are going to feel silly as shit when you see what Aldo does to this guy.

Who else could he have fought for this card?

Jose/Mendes: Fought in October.
Frankie/Cub: Fought in November.
Lamas/Bermudez: Fought in November
Poirier: Probably still has post fight depression
Oliveira/Stephens: Fought in December

So they should have made him fight Lentz instead? Please. Ok maybe they could have given him Oliveira or Stephens, but it would be the same crap different name.

I'm not going to feel anything if Aldo beats him because, win or lose, Conor is a damn good fighter and has a great career ahead of him.

He clearly has.. improving all the time, that mount on Siver was beautiful.

Who else could he have fought for this card?

Jose/Mendes: Fought in October.
Frankie/Cub: Fought in November.
Lamas/Bermudez: Fought in November
Poirier: Probably still has post fight depression
Oliveira/Stephens: Fought in December

So they should have made him fight Lentz instead? Please. Ok maybe they could have given him Oliveira or Stephens, but it would be the same crap different name.

I'm not going to feel anything if Aldo beats him because, win or lose, Conor is a damn good fighter and has a great career ahead of him.

You don't make a squash match. You schedule him to fight whichever guy wants to step up and take the contract. It was never offered. I guarantee you if they said hey Mendes, Frankie, Lamas, which one of you guys wants to fight McGregor for a title shot, they would have broken their necks trying to get a pen.

Lets go back to reality, the UFC doesn't want anything standing in their way of an Aldo/Mcgregor payday so they made it happen, why can't you accept it? It is reality and everyone knows it.

Back