Conor McGregor explains why hes not afraid to go to the ground with Nate

-I think it was the durability and endurance. The experience. I think that was the difference,"
tumblr_n0dlduw7dS1rfd7lko1_500.gif

1.Durability

2.Endurance

3.Experience

Which one is it?
All 3?

I agree with his assessment. Round 1 there was a grappling exchange and Conor ended up with top position raining down shots. He lost the fight because Diaz landed a 1-2 that wobbles Conor and it whent down hill from there.
lol at this assessment. Raining down shots...lol.

McGregor is just throwing some smokescreen , he know that in the mat, Nate would rape him with ease.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...red-to-go-to-the-ground-with-nate-diaz-081116

Cliff:
When Conor McGregor tapped out to a rear naked choke in the second round of his fight with Nate Diaz at UFC 196, the immediate reaction was that the Irishman needed to brush up on his ground game.
After taking some hard shots on the feet, McGregor went for an ill advised takedown that ended with Diaz in the mount, raining down shots on him from above.
To avoid the punches, McGregor rolled to his belly and a few seconds later Diaz had his forearms wrapped around the neck and the tap came just seconds later.

Diaz is a highly decorated Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt so it's not a shock that he won by submission, but McGregor says the ground game had nothing to do with why he got finished with that rear naked choke.

In fact, McGregor points out an earlier exchange on the mat from round one to showcase how comfortable he could be against Diaz if the rematch goes to the ground.

"I’m confident in my jiu-jitsu. Nate is very skilled on the mat. I don’t think the difference between us in that fight was the jiu-jitsu, I think it was the durability and endurance. The experience. I think that was the difference," McGregor said recently on the UFC 202 media conference call.

McGregor knows deep down inside that he's not inefficient on the mat and he certainly doesn't feel outclassed by Diaz if the second fight hits the ground.
McGregor's head coach John Kavanagh is a very experienced Brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioner and to ensure that he's truly prepared for Diaz's submission game, he brought in a slew of new training partners including grappling ace Dillon Danis.

[http://www.bjjheroes.com/bjj-fighters/dillon-danis]

McGregor has confidence in the mat skills he possessed before the first fight with Diaz, but with the rematch carrying so much importance — he's not leaving anything to chance.
"I am confident on the mat with Nate," McGregor said. "After that, I’ve brought in heavier people, more experienced jiu-jitsu people to come and push me daily.

"So I’ll be experienced for the jiu-jitsu and the later rounds also."

"When we were both fresh, I ended up on the mat. He caught that kick, He did that takedown he does and I swept him. So I was on top controlled in the first round. He tried to triangle, I stopped that, looked to pass. He looked to tangle up the legs and I was landing shots."

A SMALL QUOTE FOR YOU ALL:

“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Yawn.

Anyone thinking McGregor can hang with Diaz on the ground is either a cretinous moron or a moronic cretin.

Next.

blah blah blah. Conor gets his ass beat anywhere fight goes. Everyone knows this.

I got Nate RD 3 KO this time anyway. Nate won't give him mercy tap this time, but beat him at his own game for added humiliation.

He grabbed the fence to maintain his position (read: cheated) and was in a world of danger in Nate's guard. Nate has tapped multiple black belts, you don't want anything to do with him on the ground unless you are also a world class MMA adapted grappler.

The fence grab was significant, could have been in quite a bit of trouble without it so it made his top control look better. If he goes to the ground again he'll get destroyed, can still win on the feet though.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...red-to-go-to-the-ground-with-nate-diaz-081116

Cliff:
When Conor McGregor tapped out to a rear naked choke in the second round of his fight with Nate Diaz at UFC 196, the immediate reaction was that the Irishman needed to brush up on his ground game.
After taking some hard shots on the feet, McGregor went for an ill advised takedown that ended with Diaz in the mount, raining down shots on him from above.
To avoid the punches, McGregor rolled to his belly and a few seconds later Diaz had his forearms wrapped around the neck and the tap came just seconds later.

Diaz is a highly decorated Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt so it's not a shock that he won by submission, but McGregor says the ground game had nothing to do with why he got finished with that rear naked choke.

In fact, McGregor points out an earlier exchange on the mat from round one to showcase how comfortable he could be against Diaz if the rematch goes to the ground.

"I’m confident in my jiu-jitsu. Nate is very skilled on the mat. I don’t think the difference between us in that fight was the jiu-jitsu, I think it was the durability and endurance. The experience. I think that was the difference," McGregor said recently on the UFC 202 media conference call.

McGregor knows deep down inside that he's not inefficient on the mat and he certainly doesn't feel outclassed by Diaz if the second fight hits the ground.
McGregor's head coach John Kavanagh is a very experienced Brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioner and to ensure that he's truly prepared for Diaz's submission game, he brought in a slew of new training partners including grappling ace Dillon Danis.

[http://www.bjjheroes.com/bjj-fighters/dillon-danis]

McGregor has confidence in the mat skills he possessed before the first fight with Diaz, but with the rematch carrying so much importance — he's not leaving anything to chance.
"I am confident on the mat with Nate," McGregor said. "After that, I’ve brought in heavier people, more experienced jiu-jitsu people to come and push me daily.

"So I’ll be experienced for the jiu-jitsu and the later rounds also."

"When we were both fresh, I ended up on the mat. He caught that kick, He did that takedown he does and I swept him. So I was on top controlled in the first round. He tried to triangle, I stopped that, looked to pass. He looked to tangle up the legs and I was landing shots."

“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Wow. If McGregor loses again, I can't imagine how you fanboys will react.

this isn't a BJJ match, Conor will be able to neutralize Nate's BJJ (the same way he displayed in round 1 versus Nate and he had several grappling exchanges with Chad Mendes). This shouldn't be as shocking as it's made to be, as a big fan of both Diaz, they've been held down.

both guys are going to try and win it in the standup again anyway, the grappling will be minimal like first fight. Conor can make me eat my words but imo, Nate is too big, too durable, top 170 pounders have a hard time putting him out.

Dillon Danis is just a Marcelo Bb who won some big brown belt tourneys and a few very small black belt ones. He will also not be going in the cage for Conor. I would not be surprised if Nate was able to stale mate Danis in a BJJ match. It won't matter anyways that's how he got finished. Nate beat him up badly on the feet and he quit on the ground. He can out last, out strike, out grapple, and out hustle Conor. Even if they were equal on the ground wouldn't matter. I don't care who wins but honestly people need to be realistic and just admit they want their guy to win if they're mcgregor fans but realize he most likely will not.

Who the EFF is sun tzu an what the EFF he talking about?

sun Tzu is shih Tzu ??? A typo??
shih-tzu.jpg

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War

FACT is Nate is not just a basic bjj black belt. At his level he can submit other blk belts so don't get it twisted Conor is way out of his depth.

i think conor is right - nate is a veteran, never panicked, whethered conor's storm, and picked his shots.

conor on the other hand, as soon as he got in trouble, that was it. i think he learned alot from diaz. but i think he's doing the rematch to early and putting to much on the line for it

Did he seriously say that nate's ground game had nothing to do with why he was finished by rnc????? Da fuuuuuuck. Stopped reading at that point. I don't even know what to say to that. Then what was the reason Conor? Because you weren't efficient with your energy? Haha. Wow

Because it'll save him from getting stockton slapped and one-two-ed the entire night.

i think its a fair statement to say conors grappling is on a level higher than naythans. based off of the only grappling exchange we've seen between them when they were both of clear mind conor absolutely dominated. naythan was scrambling around trying to escape but only ended up, literally, with his face inches underneath conors ass. it was pretty gay tbh not that theres anything wrong with that

That whole process played out as:

"I will take him down"
Oh wait, I am caught in a guillotine.
"Ok, let's gator roll out of this"
Oh wait, side mount, FULL MOUNT, bombs dropping, I can't fu*king breathe, Herb,...HELP!

All in about 60 seconds!

Back