Conor McGregor explains why hes not afraid to go to the ground with Nate

People really think he can beat an excellent black belt like Nate on the mat? Wheres the logic in this? Do you really think you can cover the gaps to become better than someone that trains for 10+ years in few months? are you serious?
Diego Brandao is a BJJ Black Belt...

He grabbed the fence to maintain his position (read: cheated) and was in a world of danger in Nate's guard. Nate has tapped multiple black belts, you don't want anything to do with him on the ground unless you are also a world class MMA adapted grappler.
Huge detail that is ignored. He used the fence for leverage and as we know in BJJ leverage is very important

Diego Brandao is a BJJ Black Belt...

Diego Brandao's signature move is getting knocked out.

Conor was the 6th guy to knockout Brandao, ironically he was knocked out in the fight immediately before Conor as well.

Diego Brandao's signature move is getting knocked out.

Conor was the 6th guy to knockout Brandao, ironically he was knocked out in the fight immediately before Conor as well.
He was out grappling/out wrestling Diego before he knocked him out.

After he gets tapped on the ground again, he'll realize he should have been at least hesitant if not downright afraid.

I feel like that headline should have read, "Conor Mcgregor demonstrates the effects of post-concussion syndrome."

I agree with his assessment. Round 1 there was a grappling exchange and Conor ended up with top position raining down shots. He lost the fight because Diaz landed a 1-2 that wobbles Conor and it whent down hill from there.
You mean that pathetic single leg that he allowed Diaz to take him down with???

You mean that pathetic single leg that he allowed Diaz to take him down with???
You do realize the fight had two rounds right? I mean literally what I said. Round one there was a scramble. Diaz tries to take Conor down, Conor swept Diaz ended up in tip position and rained strikes on him for the remainder of the round. Watch the fight pleb.

You do realize the fight had two rounds right? I mean literally what I said. Round one there was a scramble. Diaz tries to take Conor down, Conor swept Diaz ended up in tip position and rained strikes on him for the remainder of the round. Watch the fight pleb.

LOL I am well aware. Do you always assume everybody that takes time to talk to you is a retard?

He 'swept' him while eating little shots to the head, and not really amounting to much offense.. I'm not seeing much positive in that scenario. Since it began with a sloppy kick that ended up in a half take down.. Try watching the fight..

ZsA5dVx.gif

While I wouldn't advise Conor to go to the mat with Diaz, I think his ground game is far better than people think. I agree that his loss in the first fight had little to do with a lack of ground skill but I also don't think his conditioning or endurance are to blame either. Nate cracked him several times and had him badly wobbled. I liken it to the Tony Ferguson - Tibau fight in which Tony blasted Tibau, a longtime black belt, with a right hand and proceeded to cinch in one of the easiest rear naked chokes you'll ever see. Strangely, no one rushed over to the forums after that fight to shit on Tibau's non existent BJJ. You can have all the skills in the world but when you're momentarily separated from your senses, you're not the same guy. Even Rickson Gracie acknowledges this. Punch a black belt in the face and he becomes a brown belt; then purple, then blue etc. It's pretty apparent that that's what happened in the first fight.

More experience jiu-jitsu people !!!!
That made my day, good to see Conor didnt learn anything from the first fight

I don't know why anybody should be surprised by this. In his last couple fights he's fought, or was set to fight

- Nate, BJJ black belt
- RDA, BJJ 3rd degree black belt
- Aldo, BJJ black belt and multi-time grappling medalist/world champ
- Mendes, very decorated NCAA Division I wrestler
- Poirier, BJJ brown belt
- Brandao, BJJ 2nd degree black belt

Anybody acting like McGregor hasn't been preparing for extremely talented grapplers for the last like 3-4 years are kidding themselves. He should have confidence on his skill on the ground, he's literally been preparing for guys who should be able to win their fights on the ground. He can't just be walking into the cage thinking he's just going to KO them and that'd be it, there was always the very real possibility that any of these guys might submit or outgrapple him.

He was out grappling/out wrestling Diego before he knocked him out.

Diego is world famous for getting knocked out.

Conor was literally the second guy in a row to KO him, as Poirer put him away in the fight immediately before.

He isn't a UFC caliber fighter is his problem.

IMO, the biggest X factor of this fight is Nate has never reached someone, ifaik.

LOL I am well aware. Do you always assume everybody that takes time to talk to you is a retard?

He 'swept' him while eating little shots to the head, and not really amounting to much offense.. I'm not seeing much positive in that scenario. Since it began with a sloppy kick that ended up in a half take down.. Try watching the fight..
The positive is that he ended on top of a BJJ black belt from a scramble. People with no BJJ can't possibly sweep a BJJ black belt. As I said originally, Conor didn't lose because his BJJ is bad, he lost because 3 mins into round two he got tagged by a 1-2 and rocked and never recovered and shot for a takedown while being wobbled.

So... mc dojo brown belt conor is confident on going to the ground against a guy who has submitted multiple blackbelts on the ground?

sounds exciting. lol

yeah...that why he was shaking at the post fight press just seeing Nate lol

you better not be afraid of the ground because you need to shoot some double legs when you get lit up on the feet

Back