Conor is light years ahead of Floyd in PPV performance

emily-b.jpg

IMG_0282.JPG

The numbers are pretty interesting. Pretty crazy how big manny fight was, and i dont think they were at thier own primes at that time either. Also boxing fighters get way bigger cut of the pie.

Has conor peaked, 205 couldnt beat 202? I wonder who conor could fight in the UFC to beat his numbers from before.

Floyd didn't have The UFC marketing machine and fight cards helping him.
Conor leaves the UFC, and tries selling PPVS on his own, without their fighters on his cards and he'd be lucky to break 700k

UFC marketing machine? Please hate on conor all you like but dont discredit his promotional savvy. Conor promotions would easily beat any UFC promotion. How is mighty mouse doing with the great UFC promotion behind him?

Floyd didn't have The UFC marketing machine and fight cards helping him.
Conor leaves the UFC, and tries selling PPVS on his own, without their fighters on his cards and he'd be lucky to break 700k

That's still better than 95% of UFC and Boxing cards nowadays.

Floyd isn't this massive PPV draw. He is a big draw when he has the right opponent, like a popular Mexican or certain Filipino. When he fights someone that is has a name like Eddie, he pulls Bisping numbers. I think Conor could do MayPac numbers if a fight was hyped for over a decade and he had an opponent that was nearly as accomplished as him. Still, Conor is p4p the biggest draw of all time, not even a close second really. He can even draw more coming of a loss and that is remarkable.

Mayweather does have longevity on his side. Mayweather right now could come out of retirement at 40 years old, and still be favored againt everybody in his weight division. Conors in the prime of his career right now. You think by the time he's 40 he'll still be a top MMA fighter? No. No one has, isn't, or ever will be.

My point is that even though Conors a bigger draw at a faster pace now, its still a different ballgame when it comes to a sport where you gave a longer shelf life.

Mayweather, on the other hand, was under contract with a promoter, Bob Arum, who hated him and refused to give him high-profile fights. Floyd had to spend millions to buy himself out of the contract to get in position for the De La Hoya fight, which Arum had no intention of setting up.

Floyd positions himself as a supreme businessman and boxing expert, but found himself under contract with a promoter that hated him?! Sounds like that was Floyd's mistake no?

Are you faulting Conor for taking advantage of the alignment that exists between his goals and the UFC? Sounds smart on Conor's part if you ask me.

I know the easiest thing for you right now is to attack the messenger, to try to suggest that my knowledge is questionable...that I don't know boxing. I'm ok with you staying in your comfort zone, some people aren't ready to step out of it and look at a situation from a different perspective even when the cold hard numbers are under their nose.

And losses.

This is what happens when you fight everyone dangerous in your era when they are 35 or older..

"Hey Manny we can fight. Just after you take 20 drug tests and give me 90% of the purse" Like 7 years later we got the fight.. Yay!!

Conor has peaked and will most likely never hit 2 million ppv buys. The UFC stacks cards as well where as Floyd pretty much sold ppv on his own name without any support. Also Money didnt have a 4 billion dollar company promoting him.

Take a look:

Floyd.png

Takeaways:
  • At roughly the same age (28.35) Conor has over 7M PPV buys, where Floyd had a mere 365K
  • Conor's career average (1.43M) is already ahead of Floyd's (1.32M)
  • Through each fighter's first 5 PPVs, Floyd holds only ONE advantage over Conor - That's the buy rate of the De La Hoya fight. Floyd greatly benefited in that contest by having another incredible draw in Oscar. Conor has yet to face another fighter that is his equal in terms of PPV draws.
  • If Conor maintains his pace, he'll break all of Floyd's records in 2 years and 196 days
    • Averages 13,593 PPVs per day
    • Needs 12,590,000 PPVs to pass Floyd
    • That equates to 926 days
    • That can also equate to about 9 more PPVs at his average buy rate of 1.43M. Since his average has increased every single time he's headlined, this stands to go down.
Conor needs 9 fights at least if we are being realistic.

Floyd positions himself as a supreme businessman and boxing expert, but found himself under contract with a promoter that hated him?! Sounds like that was Floyd's mistake no?

Are you faulting Conor for taking advantage of the alignment that exists between his goals and the UFC? Sounds smart on Conor's part if you ask me.

I know the easiest thing for you right now is to attack the messenger, to try to suggest that my knowledge is questionable...that I don't know boxing. I'm ok with you staying in your comfort zone, some people aren't ready to step out of it and look at a situation from a different perspective even when the cold hard numbers are under their nose.

He signed a contract with one of the top promoters in his early 20s. When he realized that he was getting screwed, he extricated himself and went on to become the biggest draw in the history of the sport.

That sounds pretty fucking savvy to me. Most boxers who were in the position that Mayweather was in with Arum in the early to mid-2000s just sit around complaining about getting screwed by their promoter.

Cant remember a time i ever ordered a UFC PPV for one fight. Boxing on the other hand, I have. The appeal of a UFC event encompasses a whole night of fights. Yes, the main event is critical. But without the rest of a card, its crippled.

Man, the Connor fanatics never stop...
The ONLY way Connor can compare to Mayweather is if he leaves his promoter, starts his own, and still becomes a runaway success.

And then...

Have Connor get a 200+ million dollar paycheque he still hasn't touched one dime of because he doesn't need to.

C'mon with this stuff man.

I think Conor could fight a baked potato and it would sell 1/2 million PPV buys.

This is what happens when you fight everyone dangerous in your era when they are 35 or older..

"Hey Manny we can fight. Just after you take 20 drug tests and give me 90% of the purse" Like 7 years later we got the fight.. Yay!!

Motherfucker, Mayweather is OLDER than Pacquiao.

He's also older than everybody he fought post-Gatti except for Marquez and Mosley, who were both still dangerous and reigning champions at the time he fought them.

If Mayweather fought and lost to the equivalent of Nate Diaz, he would have gotten destroyed in the media.

Back