Conor is light years ahead of Floyd in PPV performance

Btw man. That is not true. .08% doesn't mean 8 cents on the dollar.

Where are you even getting.
What is this .08% nonsense? How would he earn $10+ million a fight then??

Or are you counting base pay only?

Either way your numbers are stupid and ridiculous.

1) Looks lIke you forgot about inflation, 2) maybe he's a better gardener too, who the fuck cares? Call me crazy, but personally I'm more interested in fighting.

Btw man. That is not true. .08% doesn't mean 8 cents on the dollar.

Where are you even getting.

1% is 1 cent on the dollar...follow me so far?

.08% is .08 cents on the dollar...still with me?

on $100, 1% is $1
on $100, .08% is 8 cents

Make sense?

Instead of looking at their entire career you take snippets, cut and paste, and skew the categories in your favor.

I had a friend like you. He stated LeBron was better than Jordan because he won a championship at a younger age than Jordan meanwhile Jordan played college ball. Fanboys are gonna be fanboys.

Mayweather is way more a noticeable figure than McGregor is. Get over it. Yes, McGregor has made huge waves on the MMA scene and pulls in pretty pennies after every fight, but he falls flat on his face when comparing him to Mayweather. Wake me up when McGregor gets $100 mill to fight.
Lebrons better than Michael because he's simply better than Michael. Who cares who won a championship first.

Conor has peaked and will most likely never hit 2 million ppv buys. The UFC stacks cards as well where as Floyd pretty much sold ppv on his own name without any support. Also Money didnt have a 4 billion dollar company promoting him.

This.

Let's see how well Conor does with basically no undercard, without the huge amount of UFC hype behind him.

Conor will lose eventually and stop being a draw. Mayweather was able to keep winning.

He signed a contract with one of the top promoters in his early 20s. When he realized that he was getting screwed, he extricated himself and went on to become the biggest draw in the history of the sport.

That sounds pretty fucking savvy to me. Most boxers who were in the position that Mayweather was in with Arum in the early to mid-2000s just sit around complaining about getting screwed by their promoter.

Agreed, what a fucking ridiculous comment.

"Doesn't sound business savvy". lol, what a fucking idiot. He was a young guy and obviously didn't know Arum hated him when he signed with him, jesus.

Plug in your own numbers, whatever works for you. My point doesn't change, Conor is crushing Floyd in PPV performance if you compare them event by event. If you consider that Floyd didn't headline his first PPV until he was Conor's current age, it's even more impressive. Floyd was 35 before he averaged 1M+ PPVs per event. Conor got there before his 28th birthday.

Does my point still resonate with you even if you disagree with my actual PPV estimates?
You are also comparing different decades to one another. Times change. The amount of people buying PPV now is far more common place than it was when Floyd was the age that Connor is now.

Motherfucker, Mayweather is OLDER than Pacquiao.

He's also older than everybody he fought post-Gatti except for Marquez and Mosley, who were both still dangerous and reigning champions at the time he fought them.

If Mayweather fought and lost to the equivalent of Nate Diaz, he would have gotten destroyed in the media.

A win over Oscar that was close does nothing for me. Oscar was like 35. And Prime Oscar to me I respect far more. Trinidad, Shane, Quartey took them on in their prime. Even went up to fight Hopkins which was nuts.

Floyd also was not a PPV draw before the Oscar fight... he needed an established star/draw to get to that level.

Same with Pacquiao. Was not close to a draw before fighting Oscar, again, an already established mega star. They both needed Oscar as their platform to reach the next level.

Conor built his star and drawing power completely by himself. He didn't fight anyone who was a draw to get there, he created it on his own.

Conor had 99% of the UFC marketing machine behind him.

Just ask the 499 other fighters the UFC barely mentioned.

Yeah, and at age 5 I used to get $3 from my mom to get ice cream, whilst a 5 year old Mayweather only got $2.

I can't wait until I'm in my 40's, I'll be worth $700m!

You are also comparing different decades to one another. Times change. The amount of people buying PPV now is far more common place than it was when Floyd was the age that Connor is now.

The potential PPV audience has certainly increased with many more homes now equipped to handle PPV nowadays than was even the case for the Mayweather-De La Hoya fight from not even a full decade ago;

"Mark Taffet, HBO Sports VP, announced that the telecast will be available to over 61 million PPV households, but he refused to even dream about the possibility of two million buys."

http://www.secondsout.com/usa-boxing-news/usa-boxing-news/de-la-hoya-vs-mayweatherthe-world-awaits

"The universe – the number of homes with access to pay-per-view – is roughly 100 million today. Do the math on an 8-percent buy rate: That’s 8 million, a mind-boggling number that would generate close to $800 million.

“I don’t even know if I can multiply the numbers, they’re so high,” Taffet said tongue in cheek. “There are 100 million homes today capable of receiving pay-per-view. I can’t even say the number because it’s so large. I do dream about it sometimes."

http://www.ringtv.com/388125-evande...oreman-the-pound-for-pound-pay-per-view-king/

Although the absolute number is almost half, from a buy rate percentage, grabbing the 2.5 million buys out of an available audience of 61 million that Mayweather-De La Hoya did in 2007 isn't all that much lower than grabbing 4.6 million out of 100 million that Mayweather did versus Pacquiao in 2015.

Take a look:

Floyd.png

Takeaways:
  • At roughly the same age (28.35) Conor has over 7M PPV buys, where Floyd had a mere 365K
  • Conor's career average (1.43M) is already ahead of Floyd's (1.32M)
  • Through each fighter's first 5 PPVs, Floyd holds only ONE advantage over Conor - That's the buy rate of the De La Hoya fight. Floyd greatly benefited in that contest by having another incredible draw in Oscar. Conor has yet to face another fighter that is his equal in terms of PPV draws.
  • If Conor maintains his pace, he'll break all of Floyd's records in 2 years and 196 days
    • Averages 13,593 PPVs per day
    • Needs 12,590,000 PPVs to pass Floyd
    • That equates to 926 days
    • That can also equate to about 9 more PPVs at his average buy rate of 1.43M. Since his average has increased every single time he's headlined, this stands to go down.
I will disagree with your analysis. Floyd wasn't a star until the De la Hoya fight, in boxing records take longer to mature and boxing has still much more viewership.
One thing is to interpret that Conor is taking a comparable step another is to assume the trend will continue ad infinitum

Conor is a legit draw, didn't have to fight any big names to get his numbers. That's pretty amazing.

Also, you fucks talking about "4 billion marketing machine" are vastly underestimating how much you need potential in order to be promoted. Spend 2 billion dollars marketing DJ and no matter how amazing he is in the octagon he's never going to draw. Bullshit excuse to be honest.

What is this .08% nonsense? How would he earn $10+ million a fight then??

Or are you counting base pay only?

Either way your numbers are stupid and ridiculous.
God you really are dumb.

Back