"Conor is Ducking Khabib" Zealots, Please Read

very long read , I had to stop after second parag.
was enough to understand what a fanboy u r.

ur concern about ppv with Khabib is totally wrong. can you imagine how many people would buy the event to see Conor tossed around ?
they would sell much more ppv than they will do now with Nate.

why r u writing such a long excuse for him to chosing the easist way.

You've got it wrong.
PPV buys largely hinge on casual fans.
As was the case with Ronda, people didn't buy the PPV to see her getting killed by Holly, but because they wanted to see Ronda win in 30 seconds. She alone sold that PPV.

Same applies to this fight.
Casuals want to see McGregor KO people stiff.
That thought alone will sell this PPV.

Khabib should shut his face and focus on trying to show up inside the cage vs Ferguson and not pull out once more.

TS is another SD business expert. Those correspondence courses are really paying off.

You've got it wrong.
PPV buys largely hinge on casual fans.
As was the case with Ronda, people didn't buy the PPV to see her getting killed by Holly, but because they wanted to see Ronda win in 30 seconds. She alone sold that PPV.

Same applies to this fight.
Casuals want to see McGregor KO people stiff.
That thought alone will sell this PPV.

u conor fans finding always new things.
the new trend is now casual fans.
even if you fans are trying to make Khabib a no name fighter , believe me he is well known and those casuals would buy the ppv just to see Conor tossed around.
just as you mentioned how these casuals wanted to see Ronda win in 30 seconds.

Agree with you completely. The only thing is Nate also got beat up by RDA, but then again, this is a 170 bout with no ïnterm"label. I feel even if Conor loses, he only loses the 170 pound belt aspirations, but everything else remains the same. I personally was hoping Ferguson-Khabib was on the same cards, so one of them (mostly Tony) could jump in in case RDA pulls out. Damn, I wish he broke his foot a month earlier!

>Trying to reason with zealots by posting wall of text

That was your first and biggest mistake, TS.

I guess you made interesting points about that, it would be nice to have some shorter version of your review.

I think you're nut hugging a little. Everyone would take easiest fight with only 10 days prep for new opponent. Fighter picks since he can cancel. The ball was in Conors court and he chose easiest matchup for him willing to fight as would anyone.

Respect for conor keeping the date
Respect for Nate for stepping up

The End.

even if you fans are trying to make Khabib a no name fighter , believe me he is well known and those casuals would buy the ppv just to see Conor tossed around.

What I say has been consensus for a long time. Even on these boards.
If you feel otherwise, explain to me why the best selling PPVs always had people with a lot of exposure outside the MMA business as main events.
I'm talking Lesnar, GSP, Silva, Rousey and now McGregor.
Those PPV were carried by casual fans. Make a thread about it, see what people on here think about it.

you asked this stupid question because you don't have any sense of humour
Comparing khabib to a bunch of muslim rapists is somehow funny even though it's not related at all to this thread. That's an odd definition of humour.

Why is Conor accepting the Diaz fight noteworthy?

Can anyone name a time someone turned down a late replacement in a non title fight?

I cant.

What? Conor was going for a title fight. He could have just waited it out and fought RDA in a months time, but choose instead to fight Diaz at 170.

very long read , I had to stop after second parag.
was enough to understand what a fanboy u r.

ur concern about ppv with Khabib is totally wrong. can you imagine how many people would buy the event to see Conor tossed around ?
they would sell much more ppv than they will do now with Nate.

why r u writing such a long excuse for him to chosing the easist way.

Lol. I am in no way shape or form a Conor fanboy, in fact I'm a huge Aldo fan but what you just wrote is pure fucking shit. It's time for noodle necks like you to respect the fact that Conor is ducking nobody, whether you hate his character or not.

What? Conor was going for a title fight. He could have just waited it out and fought RDA in a months time, but choose instead to fight Diaz at 170.

Yeah but has anyone ever done that?

What's ironic, haters won't bother to read this because it's too long, only Conor fans will actually read it.

It's still ducking. Sure, it's ducking low PPV buys and some other factors and not necessarily another fighter's skill, but ducking is ducking unfortunately.

I'm not talking about Conor or Khabib; I'm talking about ducking.

Basically this was a TMZ/Oprah thread from the get go.

Nah. Khabib vs Conor would have been a huge mistake right now. He's a great fighter, but no one aside from hardcores knows or cares about that.

This is not the Ultimate Give Each Guy Their Hardest Fight Ever Championship. It's weird how people have got this into their heads. Sometimes the most deserving guy to fight the champ is a squash match. Sometimes a dude pulls out two weeks before the biggest fight of his career and people need to make a snap decision to rescue a card...

There's a lot of people that don't understand what Conor is all about because they are blinded by hatred.

He's a martial artist that truly wants to challenge himself.

Oh gotcha, like challenging his ground game against a gun sambo artist.
But khabib is headlining a "fox" card, let me say this again "fox card".
A free card, man I didn't know those free to air cards were so important.

khabib is undefeated and has a win over the champ. they could easily sell that fight. in the end, does the opponent even matter at this point. everybody is tuning in for mcgregor.

they didn't go with cerrone because they know he is in shape and they know diaz isn't. that's all there is to it. mcgregor has every right to do what he wants though, after all he's saving the card again, but it's clear he went with the easiest fight

Yeah but has anyone ever done that?

Willing to not take a fight and instead sit it out and wait for a title shot? In the last 4 months from memory: Eddie Alverez, Carlos Condit, Rumble, Tyrone Woodley, Jose Aldo.

So fair f*cks to Cononr for taking on Diaz when he can just wait a month or two and get the title shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back