"Conor is Ducking Khabib" Zealots, Please Read

Conor getting another safe fight isn't a surprise at this point.

Conor getting another safe fight isn't a surprise at this point.
If Conor wanted to fight RDA, and is still willing to fight on 10 days notice when RDA pulls out, can you be mad?

Remember Jones .. refusing to fight Chael.

If Conor wanted to fight RDA, and is still willing to fight on 10 days notice when RDA pulls out, can you be mad?

Remember Jones .. refusing to fight Chael.

Conor has guts. I wasn't saying that he didn't. But he has had some very fortunate fights for him up to this point. Regardless of why it happens.

Conor has guts. I wasn't saying that he didn't. But he has had some very fortunate fights for him up to this point. Regardless of why it happens.
I think he has had a mixture, but he is not looking for easy fights. If he wants to fight Lawler, signs to fight Lawler, and Lawler gets injured and Conor fights Brian Ebersole instead I will say nothing about Conor because Conor went after the challenge. Poirier and Holloway are top fighters too. The only breaks Conor has really had was when his opponents get injured 2 weeks from the fight. Good for him, even though it's not the fight I prefer.

I'm torn actually. His manager was talking big, while at the same time Khabib didn't want to fight Ferguson in March.
I'm think he would have fought ... but maybe he was too unreliable to the UFC. I mean, even Dominick Cruz who was champion at BW had a warm up fight against Mizugaki...
Says Nate, who is unreliable. It was never happening unless there was literally no other option since they could not do 145 interim belt with Nate. They also asked Edgar iirc.

Didn't Conor say it as well in the press conference?
I do believe they asked Frankie though, I forgotabout that

If I am not mistaken Conor said Nate is the fight he wanted at 196. I did not hear anything I interpreted as him talking about Nate at 189. Nate can't make 145, that fight made no sense at 189. No reason to doubt they called Nate, but it definitely was not the fight they wanted.

They did ask Frankie, but he has a torn groin, so he couldn't take the fight for 196.
They also asked him for 189, but in the end, they went with the #1 ranked (at the time) guy Mendes.

If I am not mistaken Conor said Nate is the fight he wanted at 196. I did not hear anything I interpreted as him talking about Nate at 189. Nate can't make 145, that fight made no sense at 189. No reason to doubt they called Nate, but it definitely was not the fight they wanted.

I disagree. I interpreted it as if they were also talking to Nate when Aldo pulled out of the title fight at 189.

According to Dana, McGregor said that he wanted to fight at 196 regardless, and they should call him whenever they have something set up.

Sorry, I read that again, and I actually do agree.
They had him in their back pocket for 189 (possibly for a 155 lbs fight),
but it was not fight they wanted. It was a backup.

Sorry, I read that again, and I actually do agree.
They had him in their back pocket for 189 (possibly for a 155 lbs fight),
but it was not fight they wanted. It was a backup.
Mainly because Nate could not fight at 145 for the interim title. Conor definitely wanted that fight to be for the belt. Now that he has a belt it matters a lot less.

They did ask Frankie, but he has a torn groin, so he couldn't take the fight for 196.
They also asked him for 189, but in the end, they went with the #1 ranked (at the time) guy Mendes.

Yea I was talking about 189

Mainly because Nate could not fight at 145 for the interim title. Conor definitely wanted that fight to be for the belt. Now that he has a belt it matters a lot less.

Yes. Nate at 145 ... ugh ...

christian-bale-the-machinist.jpeg

Back