Conor gives props to Khabib: 'phenomenal grappler fighter'

Holding gloves, grabbing shorts, kneeing on the ground, grabbing the fence does not = grappling skill or take down defence.

Khabib got to Conor's legs within 15 seconds of the fight, it took 4 minutes to do the same to Justin.

Khabib wasn't worried standing with justin

He wanted to make sure he got conor to the matt ASAP to drain his energy

Yes conor cheated multiple times, but his defence was so much better than Justin or dustin

Khabib wasn't worried standing with justin

He wanted to make sure he got conor to the matt ASAP to drain his energy

Yes conor cheated multiple times, but his defence was so much better than Justin or dustin

I think Khabib's confidence in his chin and stand up ability grew from that Conor bout, I bet in a rematch he wouldn't be so respectful towards Conor's stand up considering many believe Justin punches harder and he walked him down taking some very solid shots. Khabib will always be in a tough bout with Conor considering he's fighting Conor, the ref, UFC machine at the same time.

I think Khabib would have had a similar showing against Gaethje, but Gaethje was so terrified of getting taken down he didn’t have any intention of actually trying to hurt Khabib lol

I don't think the threat of the takedown had anything to do with it. Gaethje just couldn't get a second to breathe and all the power strikes he threw did nothing to deter the forward pressure of Khabib. He probably also realised that Khabib's striking is actually pretty good and mentally checked out.

I think Khabib's confidence in his chin and stand up ability grew from that Conor bout, I bet in a rematch he wouldn't be so respectful towards Conor's stand up considering many believe Justin punches harder and he walked him down taking some very solid shots. Khabib will always be in a tough bout with Conor considering he's fighting Conor, the ref, UFC machine at the same time.

Oh I agree

I have said khabib would not be a bit afraid of the stand up next time

He has a granite chin, good movement and a great jab

I have no doubt whatsoever in my mind that khabib would break conor in a rematch

In Conor’s press conference QnA he did in Moscow in 2019 he said that Khabib was truly great at what he did, I think Conor has always had respect for Khabib’s skills but just wants to tear him down, like I’m sure Khabib has a lot of respect for Conor’s skills as well

Not sure how he could when he outstruck him lol

Oh I agree

I have said khabib would not be a bit afraid of the stand up next time

He has a granite chin, good movement and a great jab

I have no doubt whatsoever in my mind that khabib would break conor in a rematch

Agreed...TKO via strikes within 5 mins. If Gaetjhe gassed to that forward pressure then Conor will wilt.

Agreed...TKO via strikes within 5 mins. If Gaetjhe gassed to that forward pressure then Conor will wilt.

I respect both McGregor and Gaethje, but they are not the same fighter. Conor is a much better counterstriker than Gaethje - Gaethje likes to come forward. Coming right at Conor is playing straight into his game and Khabib would be stupid to take that chance.

Constant pressure on Gaethje makes it harder for him to wind up those leg kicks and get off his combinations - that was smart fighting by Khabib.

Javier Mendes is a great coach and Khabib is clever for matching his game plan to the strengths of his opponents. It would be stupid to go away from that just to prove a point.

I respect both McGregor and Gaethje, but they are not the same fighter. Conor is a much better counterstriker than Gaethje - Gaethje likes to come forward. Coming right at Conor is playing straight into his game and Khabib would be stupid to take that chance.

Constant pressure on Gaethje makes it harder for him to wind up those leg kicks and get off his combinations - that was smart fighting by Khabib.

Javier Mendes is a great coach and Khabib is clever for matching his game plan to the strengths of his opponents. It would be stupid to go away from that just to prove a point.

I agree with your first point however Khabib didn't just march forward against Justin with his hands down, windmilling it. He threw excellent 1-2's, body kicks, leg kicks etc. He mixed it up well.

Conor is good at picking off people who rush into range wildly i.e Aldo and Alvarez. Khabib doesn't do that and we haven't seen Conor running around with his back to the fence which I think he would have to do as Khabib would just march him down in a rematch.

This probably makes him feel better about that lose.
Tapping to the "best in the sport" is less humiliating than tapping to a bum I guess.
I'm a huge khabib fan and don't like McGgregor but even if it does make him feel better it certainly shows growth.

Khabib is retired.

Even if in the 0.00001% chance that he comes back, it would be for GSP, not Conor.

Khabib is retired.

Even if in the 0.00001% chance that he comes back, it would be for GSP, not Conor.

Cool, I don't want Conor to get a rematch anyway. Simply gave my analysis on what I think would happened if it was to occur.

Finishing an apprenticeship is something to be proud of

Phenomenal grappler fighter.

I have the answer and they know it.

<45>

Conor gonna Conor.

He ate those shots because he had to because of the leg kicks, imo. I think he'd rather take gassed punches than fresh punches and eating that shit whole lol. He's not gaethje.

Hmm, this is a departure from the leg hugging stuff he was trashing Khabib about not too long ago. If he's sobered up now, good for him.

Also, Khabib definitely respects Conor's skillset. During the last press conference with Tony, he said he was worried about Conor's left hand and that's probably why he didn't walk him down like Justin.

I'm a huge khabib fan and don't like McGgregor but even if it does make him feel better it certainly shows growth.
I always think this was his behind the scenes answer when he's not on twitter. He knows he lost. He has an idea in his head on what to do to win. All fighters are delusional to some degree. I'm sure he knows what his faults were in the fight.

Rematch will be no different if it were to ever happen though.

Back