Conor gives props to Khabib: 'phenomenal grappler fighter'

Lol at “I have the answer”

How does he say these things without cringing

the guy has no self awareness

That's not true at all.

Healy, rda, tavares, shalorus, Conor, Al iaquinta, and so much more he's allowed them to pressure him in the beginning.

Barboza and gaethje was the only ones he walked down from the get go.

But I'm sure he respects the ability.
People underrate RDA when discussing who had the best chance of beating Khabib. Yeah he got dominated but never in trouble.

Lol at “I have the answer”

How does he say these things without cringing

the guy has no self awareness
what you want him to say? No, I suck. I'll never beat khabib? Fighters have to be somewhat delusional. Accepting a guy is better than you at your job can break fighters. You always have to give your excuse to why it didn't go your way but lose. Even if they publicly don't say what it is, they'll admit it to themselves behind closed doors.

Still can't help but try and throw a bit of shade in there by calling him a grappler fighter rather than just a phenomenal fighter imo.
Lol well he is very heavily focused towards the grappling side of MMA, not exactly an all rounder. I don't think that is shade no more than it would be if someone said Conor was a great striker. I think ppl read too much into what Conor says, looking for anything to critique.

Holding gloves, grabbing shorts, kneeing on the ground, grabbing the fence does not = grappling skill or take down defence.

Khabib got to Conor's legs within 15 seconds of the fight, it took 4 minutes to do the same to Justin.
He was fine striking with Justin. No reason to shoot for the takedown instantly.

Conor is a different story. Hes obviously most dangerous in the firstborn.

Lol well he is very heavily focused towards the grappling side of MMA, not exactly an all rounder. I don't think that is shade no more than it would be if someone said Conor was a great striker. I think ppl read too much into what Conor says, looking for anything to critique.
Yeah that isnt shade. Khabib is the goat grappling based fighter. There's nobody better.

He was fine striking with Justin. No reason to shoot for the takedown instantly.

Conor is a different story. Hes obviously most dangerous in the firstborn.

With conor's timing and fast twitch fibres, it doesn't make sense to stand early

By rounds 3 onwards, conor won't have the same snap

Justin hits hard, but he was never in conor's league as a striker

He knows Khabib is GOAT. He just can't say it so this is the best he can do. And he knows he doesn't have the answer but hoping he wins by some flash KO miracle. Once he enters the cage with Khabib, he will once again cower in fear with no eye contact.

Flash KO?

NONE of Khabibs wins are better than the Aldo KO.

This probably makes him feel better about that lose.
Tapping to the "best in the sport" is less humiliating than tapping to a bum I guess.

Calling him a "grappler fighter" should have been a dead giveaway for he first 5-6 posters in this thread that it wasn't a true compliment.

I'm amazed.....

With conor's timing and fast twitch fibres, it doesn't make sense to stand early

By rounds 3 onwards, conor won't have the same snap

Justin hits hard, but he was never in conor's league as a striker
Indeed. It's also the style.

Conor is one of the best counter fighters of all time in mma and fights exceptionally well off the back foot. His reads and frame control are also phenomenal. That's largely why hes seen as a tricky style matchup by Javier and Khabib.

Justin has improved his boxing on a technical level but hes pure offense.

Keagle-MCg.jpg

Once they're old men with the testosterone of a pre-pubescent girl, they'll be good friends (no competitiveness). Mark my words.

This guy's well wishes and lots of his IG/Twitter is just PR bullshit.
Except when he's on drugs or heavily drunk, and just posting out of nowhere.
Though I suspect they somehow put a leash on him and restrain his twitter use by now.

Back